0117 946 6690
- Victorian Period Semi Detached Family House
- 5 Double Bedrooms
- 3/4 Receptions
- No onward chain
- Within 500m of Redland Green School
- c. 2500 sq.ft. (inc Basement)
- Lawned Rear Garden c. 54ft. x 27ft.
- Habitable with scope to improve
A handsome and substantial (circa 2,500 sq.ft.), 5 bedroom, 3/4 reception room Victorian period semi-detached family house with front and rear gardens.
The house offers a blank canvas - more than habitable but with the exciting chance to update, improve and possibly extend/knock through in the fullness of time.
Set in a favourable location within 500 metres of Redland Green School and close to the popular Gloucester Road with a large range of independent retailers and essential services. 500 metres to the lovely Cotham Gardens and also Redland train station providing a link to Clifton and Temple Meads.
Ground Floor: vestibule, entrance hallway, drawing room, dining room, study/play room, kitchen/breakfast room and bathroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, 5 bedrooms, bathroom/wc and separate wc.
Basement: cellar space comprising 3 separate rooms.
Outside: front garden and 54ft x 27ft rear garden with rear pedestrian access.
Offered with no onward chain which allows for a prompt and straightforward move.
large entrance door with overlight opens into:
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 6' 0'' x 4' 2'' (1.83m x 1.27m)
tessellated tiled flooring, deep skirting and large opaque glazed door over and side lights opening into:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 15' 8'' to front of butler's pantry x 6' 10'' (4.77m x 2.08m)
generous entrance hall, stairs rise to the first floor with balustrade handrail and newel posts, deep skirting boards and architrave, exposed stained floorboards, doors opening through to the dining room, drawing room and study/playroom, door to butler's pantry and three steps down to the kitchen/breakfast area. Radiator.
DRAWING ROOM: 18' 10'' into bay x 13' 10'' into chimney recess (5.74m x 4.21m)
lovely big room with large bay window to the front elevation comprising 5 sash windows, deep skirting boards, picture rail, radiator, large limestone fireplace with coal effect gas fire inset.
DINING ROOM: (rear) 18' 0'' into bay x 13' 11'' into chimney recess (5.48m x 4.24m)
very impressive room with high ceilings, 2 large sash windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, ornate ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, picture rail, deep skirting boards, impressive period fireplace which looks to be painted marble with tiled hearth, exposed and stained wooden flooring, radiator.
STUDY/PLAY ROOM: 14' 10'' x 8' 11'' into chimney recess (4.52m x 2.72m)
2 large sash windows to the front elevation, high ceilings, deep skirting boards, radiator, exposed and stained wooden flooring.
measured and described separately as follows:
Breakfast Room: 13' 11'' x 11' 10'' into chimney recess (4.24m x 3.60m)
sash window to the rear elevation, large archway through to the kitchen, high level window providing borrowed light into the butler's pantry, radiator, exposed wooden flooring, doorway leading to the cellar. Impressive original butler's pantry on the left hand side which could easily be incorporated into a new range of kitchen units. Intruding chimney breast is due to the ventilation of the boiler in the cellar which if re-routed could be made shallower.
Kitchen: 9' 2'' x 7' 7'' (2.79m x 2.31m)
fitted with a range of wall and base units incorporating working surfaces, 1? bowl stainless steel sink unit, 4 ring gas hob, electric oven and filter hood above, integrated fridge, partially tiled walls, radiator, casement window to the side elevation, opaque door into the back garden and doorway into the bathroom.
BATHROOM/WC: 7' 11'' x 6' 3'' max (2.41m x 1.90m)
slight L shaped room, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, panelled bath, tiled surround, radiator, opaque glazed window to the rear elevation.
door to bedroom 4. Further half flight of stairs rising to bedroom 5. Doors open to all remaining rooms.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 5' 0'' x 13' 9'' into chimney recess (4.57m x 4.19m)
generous bedroom with 2 large sash windows to the front elevation, fireplace with tiled hearth, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (front) 15' 0'' x 9' 6'' into chimney recess (4.57m x 2.89m)
large sash window to front elevation, ornate period fireplace with tiled hearth, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 13' 11'' into chimney recess x 10' 5'' (4.24m x 3.17m)
sash window to rear elevation, period fireplace, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 14' 0'' x 12' 4'' into chimney recess (4.26m x 4.67m)
sash window to rear elevation, radiator, period painted fireplace with tiled hearth, pedestal wash hand basin, partially tiled surround, fitted Airing Cupboard with hot water tank.
BEDROOM 5: 13' 11'' x 12' 3'' into chimney recess (4.24m x 3.73m)
(on half landing) generous room with sash window to rear elevation, painted fireplace and access into loft storage.
BATHROOM/WC: 6' 10'' x 6' 0'' (2.08m x 1.83m)
white suite comprising low level wc, wash hand basin incorporated within vanity unit, panelled corner bath, electric shower, shower screen, opaque glazed sash window to side elevation, extractor fan, ceiling spotlights, heated towel rail, partially tiled walls and tiled floor.
small sash window to the front elevation, low level wc.
3 rooms roughly measuring 17'0" x 13'0" collectively with an approximate head height of 6'8" (5.18m x 3.96m/2.03m). Houses the gas boiler.
lawned garden with raised borders, boundary wall.
REAR GARDEN: approx 54' 0'' length x 27' 0'' width (16.45m x 8.22m)
a level north westerly facing rear garden, wall to all sides with pedestrian and bicycle rear path opening into Northumberland Road. The garden is laid mainly to lawn, pathway and shrub and tree borders.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an annual rent charge of £7. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.