0117 946 6690
- A beautifully presented and rather special period terraced family home
- 3 bedrooms and 2 receptions rooms.
- 16'3 x 11'5 bay fronted sitting room
- Music room with double doors opening to side return
- 26ft kitchen/dining room with shaker style units.
- 34ft x 14ft south by south-easterly facing rear garden
- Beyond the back garden there is an established fruit orchard.
A beautifully presented and rather special 3 bedroom, 2 reception room, period terraced family home offering much more than meets the eye including a 26ft kitchen/dining room and southerly facing 34ft rear garden.
Coveted location - a quiet road in a friendly neighbourhood in the heart of Ashley Down with the fantastic shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road just a short stroll away. Handy for the Downs and St Andrew's Park and within easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, Whiteladies Road, Bristol University, main Hospitals, BBC, plus other local parks at Redland Green and Cotham Gardens.
Having wooden double glazed sash windows and gas central heating.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room, music room, 26ft kitchen/dining room, cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, 3 bedrooms, family bathroom.
Outside: 34ft x 14ft south easterly facing rear garden backing onto a small orchard providing a surprisingly peaceful and leafy backdrop for a city home.
A superb family home in a great location which has been enhanced by the present owners.
from the pavement, a pathway with steps ascends to the front entrance door. Solid wood panelled front door with obscure glazed panels and fanlight, opening to:-
inlaid entrance mat, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, coat hooks. Part multi-paned stripped pine door with overlight, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance with ceiling arch, wooden flooring, tall moulded skirtings, part simple moulded cornicing, open fronted understairs storage space, radiator, two ceiling light points, raised height main switchboard control. Elegant staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Stripped pine panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (16' 3'' x 11' 5'') (4.95m x 3.48m)
a gracious principal reception room having bay window to the front elevation comprising three wooden double glazed sash windows. Central period fireplace with coal effect gas fire, decorative tiled inserts, cast iron surround, slate hearth and an ornately carved wooden mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast and both with fitted bookshelves, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, wall light point, ceiling light point, radiator.
MUSIC ROOM: (13' 3'' x 9' 4'') (4.04m x 2.84m)
double glazed double doors with overlight overlooking and opening externally to the side return. Ornate cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with double opening cupboard and fitted shelving), exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
low level dual flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with waterfall style mixer tap and cabinet below, splashback tiling with complimentary shelf, tiled effect vinyl flooring, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (26' 1'' x 8' 4'') (7.94m x 2.54m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of shaker style units combining base and eye level drawers and shelving. Solid wooden worktop surfaces with mosaic effect splashback tiling, stainless steel sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over. Integral appliances include electric double oven with 5 ring gas hob and stainless steel extractor hood, tumble dryer, dishwasher and freezer. Space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tall fridge/freezer, two double glazed windows to the side elevation and picture window overlooking the rear garden, ample space for table and chairs, inset ceiling downlights, radiator, wall mounted gas fired combination boiler, wooden flooring, moulded skirtings. Upvc double glazed door opening externally to the side elevation.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and ornately carved spindles, loft access, moulded skirtings, two ceiling light points. Stripped pine doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (15' 0'' x 13' 0'') (4.57m x 3.96m)
a pair of wooden double glazed sash windows to the front elevation, central ornate cast iron fireplace, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 5'' x 9' 4'') (4.09m x 2.84m)
multi-paned double glazed wooden window to the rear elevation enjoying a pleasant outlook, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (8' 5'' x 7' 2'') (2.56m x 2.18m)
multi-paned double glazed wooden sash window to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden with orchard beyond, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (5' 10'' x 5' 5'') (1.78m x 1.65m)
panelled bath with mixer tap and wall mounted electric shower having handheld shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc. Wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps and splashback tiling. Tiled effect vinyl flooring, tiled walls, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, heated towel rail/radiator, wall light point.
having a deep border with flowering plants.
REAR GARDEN: (34' 0'' x 14' 10'' plus 27'7 x 5'3) (10.36m x 4.52m + 8.41m x 1.60m))
enjoying a sunny orientation and a good amount of privacy courtesy of there being an orchard immediately to the rear. There is a paved patio encompassing the side return with further sitting area immediately to the rear of the kitchen which offers ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. The remainder of the garden is laid to lawn enclosed by a mixture of brick walls and fencing. Outside light and water tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.