0117 946 6690
- Strikingly attractive & stylishly presented
- Two-storey mid-terraced Victorian period house (circa 1865)
- 3 bedrooms, 2 receptions, 2 bath/shower rooms
- An abundance of original features
- 47ft south facing front garden
- Rear courtyard
- Tucked away, yet convenient and much sought after location
A strikingly attractive and stylishly presented, 3 bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, two-storey Victorian family home with 47ft garden having a sunny orientation.
Tucked away on a quiet horseshoe featuring an attractive collection of period homes and yet so convenient for the vast array of amenities on Blackboy Hill/Whiteladies Road including local shops, supermarkets, restaurants and bars, the Downs and Clifton Down railway station are also nearby, close to St Johns Primary School and with easy access to Clifton Village and the city centre.
Ground Floor: entrance hall, drawing room, dining room, kitchen, cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: part galleried landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room, bedroom 2 with roof terrace, bedroom 3, family bath/shower room.
Outside: 47ft south facing front garden with sitting out area, rear courtyard
Stylish and exquisitely presented family home in a much sought after and convenient location.
via arched wrought iron pedestrian gate and pathway leading through charming well stocked southerly facing garden to an open-fronted porch. Solid wood panelled front door with fanlight and wall mounted external lantern light, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance to this charming family home, with central ornate ceiling arch, ornate moulded cornicing and moulded skirtings. Elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and spindles. Understairs storage cupboard, two ceiling light points, engineered oak flooring, coat hooks and fitted shelf. Mains switchboard control cupboard. Open fronted cupboard with hanging rail and space for freezer. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (14' 7'' x 11' 10'') (4.44m x 3.60m)
sumptuous principal reception room, with large multi-paned arched sash window with working shutters overlooking the front garden. Central open fire with cast iron surround, slate hearth and ornately carved white painted wooden mantelpiece. Fitted eye level bookshelving to either side of the chimney breast and double opening cupboard to one side. Ornate ceiling rose and cornicing, moulded skirtings, large double opening storage cupboard with shelving, radiator, ceiling light point.
comprising: low level wc; wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps and splashback tiling. Tiled flooring, fitted shelf, ceiling light point, extractor fan, moulded skirtings.
DINING ROOM: (19' 3'' x 11' 3'') (5.86m x 3.43m)
a good sized second reception room which is semi open-plan to the kitchen. Having a wide central archway and multi-paned double doors opening externally to the rear courtyard. Chimney breasts to either side of the room (one with period style cast iron fireplace and ornately carved stone mantelpiece), recesses to either side of the chimney breasts with fitted shelving, computer workstation. Tiled flooring, moulded skirtings, picture rail, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlighters. Open walkway to:-
KITCHEN: (11' 2'' x 9' 6'') (3.40m x 2.89m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of panelled cream coloured base and eye level units with a combination of drawers, cabinets and shelving. Wooden worktop surfaces with splashback tiling, inset central sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over, integral Smeg range cooker with double electric oven and 4 ring gas hob, space for tall fridge/freezer, solid wall mounted wooden mantel with integral inset downlighter above the hob, tiled flooring with underfloor heating, inset ceiling downlighters, integral dishwasher, two ladder rails with spotlight lighting, window opening through to the dining room. A particular design feature of the kitchen is the high upvc double glazed sloping roof with high windows to the front and rear elevations.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell and enjoying plenty of natural light via skylight window. Large storage cupboard with ample hanging rail and shelving space plus ceiling light point. Moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, loft access. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (12' 3'' x 11' 7'') (3.73m x 3.53m)
large wooden multi-paned double glazed window overlooking the front garden. Twin fitted double wardrobes with ample hanging rail and shelving space. Moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point. Four-panelled door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC:
comprising: corner shower cubicle with built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment; low level dual flush wc; vanity unit with inset wash hand basin, mixer tap and double cupboard below. Majority tiled walls, heated towel rail/radiator, ceiling light point, extractor fan, loft access, double opening mirrored medicine cupboard, fitted shelving, luxury vinyl flooring.
BEDROOM 2: (11' 5'' x 9' 9'') (3.48m x 2.97m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Multi-paned wooden door opening externally to:-
space for table and chairs and which to enjoy a morning coffee.
BEDROOM 3: (11' 5'' x 9' 3'') (3.48m x 2.82m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation with radiator below, chimney breast with fitted double cupboard to one side and fitted shelving to the other, ceiling light point, moulded skirtings.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC:
comprising: panelled bath with swan neck mixer tap; low level wc; heritage pedestal wash hand basin with swan neck mixer tap; built-in shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit and circular overhead shower. Arched sash window overlooking the front garden, heated towel rail/radiator, luxury vinyl flooring, moulded skirtings, majority travertine tiled walls to dado height, cupboard with shelving, inset ceiling downlighters.
some 47ft/14.33 m in length and enjoying a southerly aspect. The garden has been carefully designed and stocked by the current vendors to exhibit a plethora of colour with an arrangement of mature shrubs and flowering plants intermingled with maturing trees. Having a level section of lawn, wide pathway, garden shed with light and power connected, patio area with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc.
REAR COURTYARD: (12' 6'' x 8' 2'') (3.81m x 2.49m)
paved flooring with raised shrub border. Fully enclosed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold with a perpetual yearly rent charge of £3.3s.0d. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.