0117 946 6690
- An elegant grade II* listed Georgian period townhouse
- Circa 4,850 sq ft
- Fine period features and flexible accommodation
- 12 main rooms over four floors
- Ripe for restoration to its former glory
- Planning Consent (ref. 19/04310/LA)
- Driveway parking for 2 cars
- 76ft rear garden
- A gracious Georgian period property of distinction
BEST AND FINAL OFFERS TO BE RECEIVED BY MIDDAY ON THURSDAY 13TH AUGUST 2020. PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE TO REQUEST A LETTER REGARDING THE PROCEDURE
An elegant grade II* listed Georgian period townhouse, circa 4,850 sq. ft. with driveway parking for 2 cars and 76ft rear garden, dating from 1826 and now ripe for restoration to its former glory in a stunning central location near Brandon Hill Park, St George's Concert Hall and Park Street.
Has fine period features and flexible accommodation with 12 main rooms over four floors including basement rooms with scope for self-contained flat etc subject to any necessary consents.
Within the same ownership for more than 12 years as a showpiece headquarters, the property has retained its integrity with many traditional features in evidence and now has planning consent (BCC planning application ref. 19/04310/LA) to switch from its existing B1 planning use class to create a magnificent private residence.
Without question the property represents a once in a lifetime blank canvas opportunity for families or professionals alike to create one of Bristol's most impressive, large and well located townhouses.
The property is set in an exceptionally convenient location within easy reach of the best that Bristol has to offer. Park Street, The Triangle and Whiteladies Road are all within a few hundred metres with a diverse range of shops, bars, restaurants, museum, art galleries and music venues. St George's Concert Hall, The Colston Hall, the Hippodrome, the harbourside, Clifton Village and the medical and academic districts are all within 1km.
Brandon Hill Park is situated at the top of the road with its iconic Cabot Tower whilst the Downs with 400 acres of recreational space and the Clifton Suspension Bridge linking to the beautiful parkland and woods of Ashton Court and Leigh Woods are all within 2km. Nuffield Health Bristol Fitness & Wellbeing Gym is just a short walk away on Queens Road. There are a number of highly regarded schools, both state and independents such as Bristol Grammar, QEH, Clifton College and Clifton High School all within the area. For the commuter there are excellent communication links, the M32 accesses the M4 (London and South Wales) and the M5 (the Midlands and South West). Bristol Temple Meads provides regular services to most cities nationwide.
Hall Floor: reception hall with grand sweeping staircase, 3 reception rooms, kitchenette, cloakroom/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: hallway, large inner hallway, 3 rooms, wine store, storage room, rear hall.
First Floor: landing, drawing room (27ft x 16ft) with central double doors opening onto pillared terrace (30ft x 7ft), 2 interconnecting rooms, storeroom.
Second Floor: part galleried landing with original cupola, 3 rooms, 2 separate wcs.
Outside: driveway parking for 2 cars, beautiful covered courtyard inside the iconic columns, 76ft rear garden.
A gracious Georgian period property of distinction offering a blank canvas opportunity with so much to savour - location, atmosphere, character and lots of light and space.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.