0117 946 6690
- A handsome Edwardian detached family home
- 110ft x 50ft level lawned rear garden
- 4 bedrooms and 3 reception rooms
- Original charm and character
- 75ft x 38ft front garden (inclusive of driveway)
- Lovely local walks through The Dingle and Blaise castle
- Gated off street parking for multiple cars
- Storage garage/workshop
A handsome and well-proportioned 4 bedroom, 3 reception room Edwardian detached family home situated in the leafy area of Coombe Dingle. Further benefiting from gated off street parking for multiple cars, a storage garage/workshop and an exceptional (110ft x 50ft) level lawned rear garden.
Set back from the road behind electronic gates, this property enjoys lovely usable gardens to both the front and rear, with the front garden being approximately 75ft x 38ft (inclusive of driveway) which leads round to an enviable large (110ft x 50ft) rear garden mainly laid to lawn with a covered veranda closest to the property, perfect for outdoor relaxing and entertaining.
Tastefully updated interior with modern fitted kitchen and bathroom, whilst retaining much of the buildings original charm and character.
Situated on the borders of Stoke Bishop and Coombe Dingle with lovely local woodland walks through The Dingle and Blaise Castle Estate nearby, as well as being within easy reach of Westbury-on-Trym Village, Canford park and bus connections to central areas. Good access to motorway connections.
Ground Floor: fabulous central reception hallway with original staircase and exposed period floor boards, 2 good sized sitting rooms as well as a dining room, offering a sociable connection through to the kitchen/breakfast room, ground floor cloakroom/wc, utility area and storage garage/workshop.
First Floor: landing, 4 bedrooms and a modern family bathroom/shower/wc.
Dating back to 1910, this character home has been much improved and cared for by the current owners for the last 10 years and offers a practical layout and outstanding front and rear gardens.
via large tarmac driveway providing ample off street parking leading beside large level lawned front garden and approaching the main front door to the property at the centre of the house.
RECEPTION HALLWAY: (12' 8'' x 10' 8'' max inclusive of stairwell) (3.86m x 3.25m)
fabulous entrance hallway with ceiling rose, picture rail, double radiator, door accessing understairs cupboard (providing storage space and housing fuse box and meter for electrics), further doors off to sitting room, reception 2/family room, dining room and cloak room/wc, stripped floorboards, telephone point and attractive original stained glass panels either side of the main front door.
SITTING ROOM: (18' 10'' into bay x 12' 2'' into chimney recess) (5.74m x 3.71m)
ceiling rose, picture rail, feature fireplace with gas coal effect fire, marble effect surround and hearth, double radiator, tv point, wide bay comprising a range of double glazed windows to front overlooking the front garden.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (18' 10'' into bay x 12' 1'' into chimney recess) (5.74m x 3.68m)
ceiling rose, picture rail, feature fireplace with marble surround and granite hearth, large bay to front comprising double glazed windows overlooking the front garden and a double radiator.
DINING ROOM: (14' 6'' x 12' 1'' max) (4.42m x 3.68m)
two ceiling roses, double glazed windows to one and double doors to the other side, accessing the veranda and rear garden, side, built in period style dresser with storage beneath, exposed stripped floorboards, double radiator and two door openings through to:
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (18' 4'' x 7' 7'') (5.58m x 2.31m)
a stylish modern fitted kitchen/breakfast room comprising base and eye level cream coloured units with square edged wood effect block worktop over, integrated appliances include an eye level Bosch double oven, inset 5 ring Bosch gas hob with chimney hood over, AEG dishwasher and fridge/freezer, inset 11/2 bowl sink and drainer unit, overhanging breakfast bar area, recessed boiler cupboard, housing Worcester gas central heating boiler, inset spotlights, an abundance of natural light provided by the dual aspect windows to rear and side offering a lovely outlook over the rear garden, 2 wall openings connect back through to the dining room, creating a sociable space and further door leads out to lean to utility area, which in turn leads through to the garage.
UTILITY AREA: (7' 7'' x 5' 3'') (2.31m x 1.60m)
a useful utility space off the kitchen with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer with worktop over, double glazed window to front and part double glazed door with window beside leading out to the rear garden. Wide wall opening leads through to a storage garage.
CLOAKROOM/WC: ('L' shaped max dimensions 6' 8'' x 5' 6'') (2.03m x 1.68m)
large central landing with doors off to all bedrooms and bathroom/wc, loft hatch accessing loft storage space and small double glazed window to side.
BEDROOM 1: (16' 0'' x 12' 2'' max into chimney recess) (4.87m x 3.71m)
double glazed windows to front overlooking lawned front garden, a further double glazed window to rear giving pleasant outlook over private rear garden, double radiator and built in wardrobes.
BEDROOM 2: (16' 1'' x 12' 2'' max into chimney recess) (4.90m x 3.71m)
good sized double bedroom with double glazed windows to front and double radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (12' 3'' x 10' 8'' max narrowing to 7'1) (3.73m x 3.25m/2.16m)
double glazed windows to front overlooking front garden, double radiator and built in wardrobes.
BEDROOM 4: (10' 10'' x 6' 8'') (3.30m x 2.03m)
double glazed windows to rear with wonderful views over private rear garden and neighbouring gardens and built in wardrobe.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (8' 0'' x 7' 6'') (2.44m x 2.28m)
contemporary family bathroom comprising a double ended panelled bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, over sized corner shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc with storage cabinets beneath, part tiled walls, wall mounted cabinet, radiator with heated towel rail, obscured double glazed windows to rear, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
FRONT GARDEN: (75' 0'' x 38' 0'' inclusive of driveway) (22.84m x 11.57m)
impressive frontage with tarmac driveway providing ample off street parking and a large level lawned garden beside, electric gates and a high level laurel hedge offer privacy and make the front garden usable. The driveway leads up to the central entrance to the property and to the left hand side of the building there is a door accessing a lean to storage area, which in turn leads through to double doors accessing a storage garage/work shop.
REAR GARDEN: (In excess of 110' 0'' x 50' 0'' narrowing to 35'0) (33.50m x 15.23m/10.67m)
a fabulous level lawned rear garden with mature flower borders containing various plants and shrubs, decked seating area half way up the garden, central oak tree and closest to the property there is a landscaped patio seating area and veranda offering weather proof outdoor seating.
OFF STREET PARKING:
ample off street parking for several cars
STORAGE GARAGE/WORKSHOP: (17' 2'' x 7' 10'') (5.23m x 2.39m)
accessed through the utility area from the house or via part double glazed doors to the front. This space provides an incredibly useful storage/workshop space.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.