0117 946 6690
- Victorian townhouse retaining many period features
- 50ft landscaped rear garden
- Handy outbuilding/garden workshop with pedestrian rear access
- tastefully updated interior
Full of charm and original character, this engaging 3 double bedroom Victorian townhouse retains many period features as well as enjoying a tastefully updated interior, a 50ft landscaped city garden PLUS a handy outbuilding/garden workshop with rear access.
Located on Cliftonwood Crescent with its friendly community and convenience of location situated between Clifton Village and Bristol's harbourside, excellent local gastro pub 'The Lion', situated at the end of the street and a small community park/playground beyond.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, sitting room with log burner, kitchen/breakfast room with wide wall opening through to a dining room/conservatory creating a sociable environment. Useful walk-in larder.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, stylish bathroom/wc, further shower room/wc with utility cupboard.
Second Floor: landing with built in bookcase and Velux window and 2 further double bedrooms.
Enjoyed, cared for and improved by the current owners over the last 33 years, this individual and homely property has much to offer.
via main front door with Smart doorbell from pavement level leading into the entrance hallway.
high ceilings with original cornicing, feature archway and inset spotlights, staircase rising to first floor landing with useful cloaks area beside and built in shoe storage and cupobard, radiator, high level fuse box and gas meter, doors leading off to sitting room and kitchen/breakfast room, large mirror.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 11' 4'' x 11' 3'' max into chimney recess (3.45m x 3.43m)
large double glazed sash window to front with stripped working wooden shutters, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, log burner with beautiful stone surround and mantle, exposed stripped floorboards, tv point and door accessing walk in larder, which in turn leads through to the kitchen/breakfast room.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 14' 7'' max into chimney recess x 11' 5'' (4.44m x 3.48m)
sociable kitchen space with a fitted kitchen supplied by 'John Lewis of Hungerford' with a Corian worktop over, space for range cooker, integrated dishwasher, stone tiled flooring with underfloor heating, space for breakfast table, sliding sash style window with fitted shutters to rear, inset spotlights and wide wall opening leading through into the conservatory/dining room.
CONSERVATORY/DINING ROOM: 9' 9'' x 6' 10'' (2.97m x 2.08m)
bright and pleasant space with double glazed roof panels, stone tiled flooring with underfloor heating and double doors leading out onto rear garden.
connecting the sitting room to the kitchen/breakfast room this useful space has built in shelving and an understairs recess affording space for a fridge/freezer and microwave.
staircase continuing up to the second floor landing and doors off to bedroom 1 (front), bathroom/wc and separate shower room/wc/utility.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 14' 8'' max into chimney recess) x 11' 6'' (4.47m x 3.50m)
generous double bedroom with large double glazed sash window to front and working wooden shutters, tv point, radiator, ceiling coving, picture rail and door accessing walk in wardrobe. Beautiful period style cast iron fireplace with marble surround and slate hearth.
SHOWER ROOM/WC/UTILITY: 7' 9'' x 6' 8'' max into shower enclosure (2.36m x 2.03m)
a recently renovated shower room (2018) with an impressive over sized walk in shower with system fed rain head shower with wall mounted digital controls, fixed glass shower screen and alcove shelf, corner wc, wall mounted wash basin with mosaic tiled splashbacks, tiled floor, part tiled walls, corner utility cupboard with appliance space for washing machine with built in shelving and further cupboard over. Double glazed window to rear with built in plantation shutters and inset spotlights.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 11' 3'' max x 7' 2'' max into chimney recess (3.43m x 2.18m)
a recently renovated bathroom (2018) comprising double ended bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment with mosaic tiled splashback, low level wc, sink with built in storage drawers beneath and mosaic tiled splashback, contemporary upright towel rail/radiator, inset spotlights, sash window to rear overlooking the rear garden with built in plantation shutters, corner Airing Cupboard housing Worcester gas central heating boiler and built in slatted shelving, tiled flooring.
Velux skylight window providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell, feature built in open bookcase (12ft high) on the half landing, telephone point, exposed feature roof beams and doors off to bedroom 2 and bedroom 3.
BEDROOM 2: (front) 14' 9'' max x 9' 7'' taken halfway down sloped ceiling (4.49m x 2.92m)
beautiful period fireplace, exposed stripped floorboards, large Velux skylight window with blackout blind to front, inset spotlights, radiator and door accessing useful walk in storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 14' 8'' x 10' 4'' taken half way down sloped ceiling (4.47m x 3.15m)
double bedroom with an attractive period fireplace, double glazed window to rear with shutters offering pleasant outlook over rear and neighbouring gardens, clever built in cupboards, open shelves and drawers, radiator, feature exposed beams and inset spotlights.
REAR GARDEN: 50' 0'' max x 15' 0'' (15.23m x 4.57m)
tastefully designed and landscaped in 2018, this fabulous city garden now enjoys decked terraced steps with well stocked flower borders and inset lighting which rise up to a level paved seating area enjoying much of the days sunshine and providing ample outside space for garden furniture. Beyond the paved area there is a covered veranda providing all weather outdoor seating and access into the incredibly useful garden workshop/store. The garden is attractively framed by stone boundary walls and has a surprising open westerly side aspect affording plenty of the afternoon and early evening summer sunshine.
OUTBUILDING/GARDEN STUDIO: approx 15' 0'' x 7' 0'' widening to 8'6"(4.57m x 2.13m/2.59m)
currently used as a workshop/bike store but could equally be used as a hobby space. Pitched roof, power, lighting and door accessing secure pedestrian rear access lane.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with a rent charge of £2 p.a.. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As from the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption [eg the building is Listed]. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.