0117 946 6690
- Breathtaking location, fronting Durdham Downs
- Independently accessed Coach house with development potential
- Grade 2 listed with many period features
- Versatile accommodation
- Off street parking for at least 4 cars
- Beautiful 55ft x 35ft level rear garden
- Front garden overlooking The Downs
- landmark Bristol location
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,750,000 - £1,850,000
An exquisite grade II listed period family home in a breath-taking location, fronting Durdham Downs.
Dating back to 1860, this enviable and historic grade II listed family home offers a versatile and extensive accommodation including 5 double bedrooms (3 en suites) and 2 reception rooms PLUS a large lower ground floor with its own independent entrance offering a further 3 double rooms, or reception rooms, to suit one's requirements. The property enjoys a wide sweeping driveway with off street parking for at least 4 cars, and to the rear of the property there is a level 55ft x 35ft rear garden leading to a period coach house with independent access off Rockleaze Road, giving it great flexibility and exciting potential.
Occupying a commanding position at the top of Ivywell Road with unrivalled breath-taking views over acres of green open spaces of Durdham Downs towards Seawalls and Leigh Woods beyond. Pleasant walks over the Downs to Blackboy Hill/Whiteladies Road and Clifton Village as well as being near bus connections to central areas.
Ground Floor: vestibule leads through into the entrance hallway with an elegant original staircase and plenty of natural light, 19ft x 15ft bay fronted kitchen/breakfast room with views over the Downs, impressive drawing room with beautiful period windows and access out onto the rear garden, dining room/reception 2, cloakroom/wc and boot room.
First Floor: landing, 3 double bedrooms (2 with en suite), cloakroom/wc and airing cupboard.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 4 with en suite bathroom/wc, which has access out onto a roof terrace, bedroom 5.
Lower Ground Floor: versatile lower ground floor with high ceilings (8'6"), 3 further bedrooms or reception rooms, bathroom/wc, shower room, utility cupboard and walk in larder. The lower ground floor has its own independent entrance offering flexibility, perfect for teenagers, dependent relatives etc.
Outside: the property is set back well from the road with gated off street parking for multiple cars. At the bottom of the driveway there is secure gated access through to a lovely level 55ft x 35ft landscaped rear garden. At the bottom of the garden there is an original coach house (currently used as garaging and storage) offering enormous potential for further modernisation or potential conversion into accommodation or separate dwelling (subject to necessary consents).
An incredibly rare, once in a generation opportunity to purchase this fine period home in a landmark location.
via gated driveway where a wide set of stone steps lead up to the main front door.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (7' 1'' x 6' 6'') (2.16m x 1.98m)
the original arched front door opens into an entrance vestibule that leads into a welcoming reception hall.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (22' 3'' x 6' 5'' max inclusive of staircase) (6.78m x 1.95m)
an elegant period staircase rising to first floor landing, windows to side and doors off to the drawing room, kitchen/breakfast room, dining room/reception 2, boot room and cloakroom/wc. Stairs descend to the lower ground floor.
DRAWING ROOM: (rear) (22' 7'' into bay x 14' 8'' into chimney recess) (6.88m x 4.47m)
overlooking the rear garden with period leaded glazing and stone mullions. This superb room has a period feature fireplace and retains original double doors that offer potential to open up the drawing room to the kitchen/breakfast room, (subject to any necessary consents). An external door provides access to a short flight of steps leading to the level lawned garden.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (front) (19' 1'' into bay x 15' 4'' into chimney recess) (5.81m x 4.67m)
a uniquely designed bespoke kitchen with attractive bay window and window seats beneath enjoying glorious views across the Downs. This spacious room has a range of kitchen units with integrated appliances under granite and wood worktops and ample space for table and chairs.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2 (13' 8'' into chimney recess x 12' 8'' into bay) (4.16m x 3.86m)
a sumptuously decorated room with feature bay window to rear overlooking the rear garden, period style cast iron fireplace with original surround and tiled hearth.
BOOT ROOM: (7' 1'' x 4' 6'') (2.16m x 1.37m)
Cloaks/boot room, windows to front, built in coat hooks.
wc with high level cistern, wash hand basin and high level window to side.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
The lower ground floor can be accessed from the staircase down from the entrance hall, or by an independent entrance to the side of the property, giving it great flexibility.
HALLWAY: (21' 0'' x 6' 4'' inclusive of staircase) (6.40m x 1.93m)
a spacious landing with tiled floor and excellent ceiling height (8'6/2.59m) with window to side providing natural light, independent door and access from the driveway and doors leading off to 3 good sized bedrooms or reception rooms, bathroom/wc, shower room, utility cupboard and walk in larder.
RECEPTION 3: (16' 0'' x 13' 0'') (4.87m x 3.96m)
a good sized double bedroom or reception room with two shuttered windows to front
RECEPTION 4: (15' 8'' max x 15' 5'' into chimney recess) (4.77m x 4.70m)
double bedroom or reception room with windows to rear and feature archway.
STUDY: (13' 9'' into recess x 10' 0'') (4.19m x 3.05m)
double bedroom or reception room, currently a home office with windows to rear and corner cupboard housing a Worcester Bosch gas boiler.
space for washing machine and dryer stacked, small Belfast style sink, tiled floor.
WALK IN LARDER/WINE STORE: (6' 3'' x 6' 0'') (1.90m x 1.83m)
built in shelving, tiled flooring and window to side.
BATHROOM/WC: (8' 4'' x 5' 11'') (2.54m x 1.80m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with shower/mixer taps, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, inset spotlights, extractor fan, tiled floor and heated towel rail.
shower enclosure with electric Triton shower and wash hand basin.
a spacious galleried landing with etched glazed windows to side and doors to 3 double bedrooms, cloakroom/wc and walk in Airing Cupboard.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (16' 9'' x 14' 10'' into chimney recess) (5.10m x 4.52m)
a fabulous principal bedroom with ornate period windows to front offering views over the Downs and beyond, built in wardrobes, attractive period fireplace with white marble surround, slate hearth, door accessing en-suite bathroom and further door accessing a 'Jack & Jill' en suite shower room which can also be entered from bedroom 2.
En Suite Bathroom: (8' 8'' max into bay x 6' 8'') (2.64m x 2.03m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachments, pedestal wash basin, attractive bay to front comprising period windows overlooking the Downs with bench seat. Space also to reinstate wc.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (14' 10'' x 12' 9'' max into recess/9'6 min) (4.52m x 3.88m/2.90m)
double bedroom with period windows overlooking rear garden, and door accessing 'Jack & Jill' en suite shower room/wc.
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (8' 11'' max into shower enclosure x 6' 1'') (2.72m x 1.85m)
shower enclosure with Mira shower and built in cabinets beside, low level wc, wash hand basin set into a timber counter with radiator beneath, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (12' 10'' into bay x 12' 8'') (3.91m x 3.86m)
double bedroom with bay window to rear overlooking the rear garden, further windows to side built in book shelving with cabinets beneath. Loft hatch.
large walk-in airing cupboard with slatted shelving.
wc with high level cistern, corner wash hand basin with tiled splashbacks and a period etched glazed window to side.
doors off to bedroom 4 and bedroom 5 and further door accessing a recessed storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (15' 10'' x 12' 10'' max taken below sloped ceiling) (4.82m x 3.91m)
a pretty double bedroom with windows to front with incredible grandstand view over Durdham Downs and beyond. Wood laminated flooring and door access en suite bathroom/wc.
En-Suite Bathroom/WC: (6' 5'' x 6' 3'') (1.95m x 1.90m)
located in the tower of the building with wonderful dual aspect windows to front and side, white bathroom suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over, wc, wash basin, wood laminated flooring, heated towel rail and a door accessing a roof terrace.
ROOF TERRACE: (approx. 23' 0'' x 6' 0'') (7.01m x 1.83m)
generous section of flat roof with iron railings to side and a lovely view to the side over Durdham Downs.
BEDROOM 5: (12' 9'' x 10' 9'' max taken below sloped ceiling) (3.88m x 3.27m)
double bedroom with large windows to rear offering an open outlook over roof tops of the surrounding area, wood laminated flooring, loft hatch.
DRIVEWAY & FRONT GARDEN:
gated driveway to the front of the property laid to stone chippings with off street parking for numerous cars. There are flower borders containing various shrubs and trees and a paved seating area. The driveway continues to the right hand side of the property where there are steps down to the independent lower ground floor entrance and a path continuing to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 55' 0'' x 35' 0'' max/26'0 min) (16.75m x 10.66m/7.92m)
(55ft measurement taken to rear of the coach house) level lawned garden with various shrubs. There is a paved and decked seating area enjoying much of the days sunshine, with a raised border and pond beside. Folding doors provide access to the rear of the coach house and a covered walkway provides access to a rear courtyard (25ft x 13ft) (7.62m x 3.96m) with vehicular and pedestrian gated access from Rockleaze Road behind.
original Victorian coach house/garage which offers enormous potential. Previous owners obtained planning permission (since lapsed) to create an separate dwelling. Equally, it currently comprises valuable storage and garaging with a garden wc, folding ladder leading up into a hayloft, small garden room (9'9 x 6'0) (2.97m x 1.83m) with Velux windows and folding glazed doors accessing the garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.