Redland Road, Redland
A 4 double bedroom hall and lower ground floor garden maisonette with private entrance and off street parking. Set within a substantial Victorian property and occupying over 250 sq m of floor area the property provides an immensely flexible layout with the space and feel of a house and is notable for an impressive south-west facing garden, good links to the Downs and immense potential. Favoured location: within the nearby Redland Green School Area of First Priority (AFP) and within 0.25 miles of Westbury Park Primary School, near Redland Green Park and 400 acres of open space found on the Downs just a moments walk away, convenient for Whiteladies Road, Blackboy Hill, BBC, University and Hospitals, city centre and Clifton Village. In addition to the off road parking space the property is situated in the CN/RD residents parking zone. Impressive original features including ceiling mouldings, fireplaces and ceiling heights of approximately 3.37m/11ft on the hall floor. Hall Floor: entrance vestibule, cloakroom/wc, hallway/landing, sitting room, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, inner hallway, bedroom 3, bathroom/wc, walk-in wardrobe/storage room Lower Ground Floor: second reception room/living area open plan with adjacent kitchen, storage room, music room, hallway, bedroom 4, shower room/wc, utility. Outside: allocated off street parking space for one car, good sized (approx. 50ft x 34ft) south-west facing enclosed rear garden.
- A hall and lower ground floor garden maisonette
- 4 double bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- 22'3 x 14'9 sitting room
- Second reception/living area open plan with kitchen
- Impressive original features
- Private entrance
- Immensely flexible layout
- Allocated off street parking space for 1 car
- Good sized (50ft x 34ft) south-west facing enclosed rear garden
the property is approached over tiled pathway up to stone around wooden entrance door provides private side entrance into:-
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: ((6' 11'' x 5' 11'') (2.11m x 1.80m))
impressive entrance with original Victorian tiling which extends through to the central hallway, high ceilings which continue throughout this floor with ornate mouldings, dado rail, radiator and naturally lit by fanlight over the door. Further glazed door with stained glass window surround leads towards the hallway, side door from the vestibule leads into:-
tiled flooring continues, wood framed obscured sash window to front elevation with close coupled wc below, radiator, hand basin set into cabinet with splashback tiling, ceiling mounted extractor fan.
HALLWAY/LANDING: ((18' 7'' x 9' 3'') (5.66m x 2.82m))
tiled flooring continues throughout this area, high ceilings, ceiling mouldings, four rooms accessible from this level and balustrade overlooking the turning staircase down to the lower ground floor.
SITTING ROOM: ((22' 3'' x 14' 9'') (6.78m x 4.49m))
twin wood framed sash windows to rear elevation overlooking garden with working window shutters set into shallow window bay, high level ceilings, ornate ceiling mouldings and central ceiling rose, picture rail, cast iron insert fireplace with white marble surround and slate hearth, polished timber flooring throughout, radiator on opposing wall with decorative cover.
BEDROOM 1: ((20' 0'' x 15' 0'') (6.09m x 4.57m))
wood framed triple cluster of sash windows to front elevation set into angled bay window, triple cluster of low level radiators, high level ceilings, ornate ceiling mouldings and central ceiling rose, picture rail, cast iron insert fireplace with ornate tiled surround and hearth with further marble hearth and mantle, polished timber flooring throughout.
BEDROOM 2: ((16' 3'' x 10' 9'') (4.95m x 3.27m))
twin wood framed sash windows to front elevation with working window shutters and radiator below, high level ceilings, ceiling mouldings, picture rail.
accessible from the main hall, with three rooms leading from it and disused staircase rising to first floor half landing with window overlooking rear garden (useful as storage area). This hallway provides almost a separate wing to the property which can be closed off. Door leads to:-
BEDROOM 3: ((13' 11'' x 10' 6'') (4.24m x 3.20m))
twin wood framed sash windows to rear elevations overlooking garden, radiator, polished timber flooring throughout. Door provides access to second staircase down to the lower ground floor, which in turn leads to a optional rear entrance onto the garden.
wood framed sash window to the side elevation with tiled sill, wood panelling to half wall height. Suite comprising close coupled wc, pedestal hand basin, acrylic bath, heated towel rail, shower cubicle with Mira 415 thermostatic shower control, tiled surround, ceiling mounted extractor fan, polished timber flooring throughout.
WALK-IN WARDROBE/STORAGE ROOM:
currently used as a wardrobe/laundry area. A useful room with tiled floor, radiator, coat hanging space, shelving and work surface area. This room has a variety of potential uses.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
From the hallway turning staircase leads down to:-
SECOND RECEPTION/LIVING AREA: ((25' 1'' x 8' 8'') (7.64m x 2.64m))
open plan with adjacent kitchen but described separately. Polished timber flooring throughout which extends into the kitchen. Radiator. Opens to:-
KITCHEN: ((20' 10'' x 13' 8'') (6.35m x 4.16m))
twin upvc double glazed doors with working shutters open directly onto rear garden. Timber flooring throughout extends from the living area. Fitted kitchen units comprising square edged wooden worksurfaces with undercounter cupboards and drawers, space for 5 ring range oven, space for dishwasher, space for American style fridge/freezer. Splashback tiling above the worksurfaces, built-in Belfast sink with swan neck mixer tap, central island with further cupboards and drawers.
STORAGE ROOM: ((19' 0'' x 14' 4'') (5.79m x 4.37m))
unconverted storage room with radiator, power, lighting and 2.07m/6'9 ceiling height.
MUSIC ROOM: ((14' 9'' x 10' 1'') (4.49m x 3.07m))
parallel with the adjacent storage room, wall mounted extractor fan, radiator. Currently used as a music room but could easily serve as an additional reception room, games room or guest room.
separate from the kitchen and living area by two separate doors, timber flooring continues with staircase rising to the hall floor level providing a second staircase and further access point onto the garden. At the end of the hallway, positioned under the stairs, is a Worcester Hi-Flo 400 gas fired combi boiler adjacent to a further small storage area under the staircase. Three rooms accessible from this hallway include:-
BEDROOM 4: ((14' 8'' x 9' 9'') (4.47m x 2.97m))
twin wood framed sash windows to rear elevation overlooking garden, radiator.
corner shower cubicle with tiled enclosure, thermostatically controlled rainhead shower, close coupled wc, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled flooring, wall mounted extractor fan, mains fed heated towel rail.
wood framed single glazed windows to side elevation, Belfast sink, tiled flooring, raised shelving, space and plumbing for two laundry appliances.
OFF STREET PARKING:
generous space for one vehicle allocated on hardstanding with the front garden of the property. The space is on the right hand side as you face the front of the property.
REAR GARDEN: ((approx. 50' 0'' x 34' 0'') (15.23m x 10.36m))
a good sized and attractive south west facing rear garden laid out in a courtyard style with extensive regular and crazy paved areas ideal for sitting out, pot plants etc. The garden is walled on all sides and has a good selection of mature shrubs and trees. The garden is accessible from two points within the property or via the side entrance gate which leads round to the front of the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. It is understood that a new 999 year lease will be granted during the transaction. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.