0117 946 6690
- Victorian Town House
- Flexible accommodation over 3 floors
- Charming period feel
- 3/4 bedrooms
- 2/3 reception rooms
- Popular Kingsdown location
- Pretty town garden (41ft x 18ft)
- Close to Gloucester Road / Stokes Croft
- Convenient for the City Centre
- circa 1800 sq.ft.
A warm welcome awaits to this lovely and very charming 3/4 bedroom, 2/3 reception, Victorian town house with the benefit of a very pleasant south easterly facing rear garden.
The house is very well presented with a laid back and homely feel, lots of character and bright, spacious rooms.
Very flexible accommodation currently arranged with 3 bedrooms, 3 receptions - could easily adapt to provide 4 or even 5 bedrooms if required.
Raised Ground Floor: entrance hallway, drawing room/bedroom 4 (front), sitting room with door and steps down into the garden.
Lower Ground Floor: hallway, kitchen/breakfast room, boiler cupboard, downstairs wc, charming dining room with open fire and door leading out onto the rear garden.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, dressing room with potential for en suite, bedroom 2 and bedroom 3 both with far reaching cityscape views, main bathroom/wc.
Outside: a pretty town garden with fruit trees (41ft x 18ft) and a southerly aspect.
Set in the very heart of Kingsdown with a strong community spirit and benefits from an excellent and highly convenient central location walkable to so much - City Centre, Gloucester Road/Stokes Croft and academic and medical districts of Bristol.
An extremely pleasant town house in an excellent location.
RAISED GROUND FLOOR
a couple of steps rise to the lovely large original front door with overlight, opening into:-
exposed wooden flooring, radiator, internal window to the sitting room and high level arch, doors to sitting room and drawing room, stairs rise to the first floor and descend to the lower ground floor.
SITTING ROOM: (19' 0'' into chimney recess x 12' 1'') (5.79m x 3.68m)
a lovely bright, welcoming and relaxed room with lovely high ceilings, ceiling cornicing and two large sash windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden. Period style 4 bar radiator and a contemporary tall 2 bar radiator, coal effect gas fire with cast iron surround and slate hearth, further wooden surround and mantel, exposed wooden shelving to either side of the chimney breast, partially glazed door with overlight leading out onto the rear garden.
DRAWING ROOM/BEDROOM 4: (15' 5'' x 13' 2'') (4.70m x 4.01m)
a bright room with high ceilings, ceiling cornice and picture rail, 2 large sash windows, impressive period fireplace, fitted dresser style cabinet either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
large opening to the kitchen/breakfast room and doorway to dining room, downstairs wc and understairs storage area.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (16' 5'' x 9' 2'' extending to 12'10 to window) (5.00m x 2.79m/3.91m)
fitted with a range of wall and base units incorporating butchers block style wooden working surfaces, tiled splashbacks, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and dishwasher, 1 1/2 bowl ceramic sink unit with draining board and mixer tap, space for large American style fridge/freezer, radiator, exposed wooden fitted shelving, recessed spotlights, internal window through to the hall, large double glazed window to front elevation, breakfast bar, door to:-
wall mounted gas boiler, gas meter, electricity meter and fuse box.
DINING ROOM: (17' 5'' into chimney recess x 11' 9'') (5.30m x 3.58m)
a very charming room with three large sash windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, further door with overlight to the rear elevation opening into the rear garden. Wooden flooring, radiator, lovely open fire with storage for logs, exposed wooden bookshelves to the right hand side of the chimney breast, internal window back through into the hallway, recessed spotlights.
DOWNSTAIRS WC: (5' 5'' x 4' 5'') (1.65m x 1.35m)
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with tasteful hand painted tiles, exposed wooden shelves, extractor fan.
with doors leading off to all rooms, large skylight providing natural light to this area.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (13' 11'' x 13' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.24m x 3.96m)
two large sash windows to the front elevation with pleasant outlook, picture rail, painted and distressed wooden flooring, radiator, fitted wooden wardrobes to either side of the chimney breast, door opening to:-
Dressing Room: (10' 8'' x 6' 4'') (3.25m x 1.93m)
sash window to the front elevation, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback, radiator, storage cupboard. NB: this room adjoins both the master bedroom and also the main bathroom and has the potential to create an en suite if desired.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (12' 6'' x 10' 8'') (3.81m x 3.25m)
large sash window to rear elevation with far reaching cityscape views, radiator, period cast iron fireplace, exposed wooden fitted wardrobes to the left hand side of chimney breast.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (12' 6'' x 8' 4'') (3.81m x 2.54m)
large sash window to the rear elevation with far reaching cityscape views, period cast iron fireplace, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (7' 8'' x 6' 4'') (2.34m x 1.93m)
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, double ended bath with period style mixer tap and handheld shower fitment, independent overhead shower with additional handheld shower fitment, shower screen, heated towel rail, painted and distressed wooden flooring, skylight.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 41' 0'' x 18' 0'') (12.49m x 5.48m)
a charming, southerly facing rear garden with a patio laid as flagstone flooring with a couple of sleeper steps onto the main lawned area. A number of soft fruiting trees and deep flower bed borders, timber garden shed. Cast iron steps rise to the doorway from the drawing room. A couple of steps lead down to the doorway for the dining room.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.