Brighton Road, Redland
Attractive and well-proportioned 3/4 bedroom, 1/2 reception room Victorian family home situated in the heart of Redland, just off Chandos Road with its excellent independent cafes and restaurants. Further benefitting from a good-sized sociable kitchen/dining room leading directly out onto a south-westerly facing level rear garden.
Attractive stone facade, double glazed sash windows and several original features add to this property's charm and appeal.
Location: a popular road in a friendly neighbourhood within 0.25 miles of Whiteladies Road, handy for the Downs, Redland Green Park nearby and with easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, lively Gloucester Road, Bristol university, numerous private and state schools, main hospitals, BBC plus local park at Cotham Gardens. Redland and Clifton Down local train stations nearby. Approximately 500 metres from Cotham Secondary School and Cotham Park Primary School.
Solar roof panels help increase the energy efficiency and reduce the running costs for the property.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway with understairs storage cupboard and ground floor cloakroom/wc, sitting room, 16'1 x 15'5 sociable kitchen/dining room with recessed larder cupboard, access to a utility room and double doors leading out onto rear garden.
First Floor: landing, principal bedroom (currently used as a first floor sitting room) and bedroom 2.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom.
Outside: low maintenance courtyard front garden with enough space for bicycle and recycling storage sheds. Superb sunny 27' x 15' level rear garden.
Offered with no onward chain, this central and well-located property offers a convenient and certain move.
- An attractive 3/4 bedroom victorian townhouse
- Sunny south westerly facing rear garden
- 1493 square feet of accomodation
- Offered with no onward chain
- Many original features
- Superb location, close to Chandos Rd and Whiteladies Rd
- Solar panels reduce running costs
via pathway leading beside a level courtyard front garden to the main front door to the house, into:-
high ceilings with ceiling coving, high level gas meter, tiled floor with inset floor mat, dado rail and part glazed period door leading through into:-
high ceilings with ceiling coving, original feature archway, high level meter cupboard, dado rail, exposed striped floorboards, radiator and door leading off to the sitting room (currently used as the second reception room), kitchen/dining room and understairs cloakroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) 12' 3'' x 11' 4'' (3.73m x 3.45m))
high ceilings with ceiling coving and original ceiling rose, tiled fireplace with period surround, built-in book casing to chimney recess, two double glazed sash windows to front with working wooden shutters, radiator and door accessing a useful recessed storage cupboard.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (16' 1'' max into chimney recess x 11' 6'' (4.90m x 3.50m))
a good sized sociable kitchen with built-in base and eye level units, with composite worktops over, inset sink, appliance space for dishwasher, oven and fridge/freezer, ample space for dining table and chairs, exposed stripped floorboards, door accessing recessed larder/ storage cupboard, mosaic tiled fireplace with period surround, contemporary upright radiator, wall-mounted Vaillant gas boiler, double glazed French doors provide seamless access out into sunny rear garden, and further door access the utility room.
UTILITY ROOM: (9' 5'' x 6' 7'' (2.87m x 2.01m))
plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, stainless steel sink and drain unit, built-in base level cupboards with worktop over, Velux skylight window and part double glazed door to rear, accessing the rear garden.
low-level wc with concealed cistern, corner wash handbasin with tiled splashbacks and slate tiled floor.
staircase rising to second floor landing and doors off to bedroom 1 (currently used as the sitting room) and bedroom 2:
BEDROOM 1: (16' 3'' max into chimney recess x 11' 8'' (4.95m x 3.55m))
(currently used as sitting room) a good-sized double bedroom or reception room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, exposed striped floorboards, a radiator, 2 double glazed sash windows to front, tiled fireplace with period surround and door accessing recessed storage cupboard with built-in open shelving.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) 16' 2'' max into chimney recess x 12' 0'' (4.92m x 3.65m))
high ceilings, ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, double glazed sash window to rear, radiator, period fireplace and door accessing recessed wardrobe with built-in hanging rail and shelving.
plenty of natural light provided by large Velux skylight window and doors leading off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom.
BEDROOM 3: (16' 2'' max into chimney recess x 18' 6'' (4.92m x 5.63m))
a good-sized double bedroom with 2 double glazed sash windows to front, ceiling coving, central ceiling rose, a pretty period fireplace, radiator and door accessing recessed wardrobe/storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 4: ((rear) 12' 0'' max into chimney recess x 9' 7'' (3.65m x 2.92m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, double glazed sash window to rear, radiator, period fireplace and door accessing recessed storage cupboard.
BATHROOM/WC: (12' 1'' x 6' 3'' (3.68m x 1.90m))
white suite comprising panelled bath, corner shower enclosure with system-fed shower, low-level wc, pedestal washbasin, window to rear, heated towel rail and tiled floor.
level courtyard front garden, mainly laid to stone chippings with low-level boundary walls.
REAR GARDEN: (27' 0'' x 15' 0'' (8.22m x 4.57m))
level south-westerly facing rear garden, mainly laid to paving and decking, with raised bed to one corner containing a mature tree, outdoor tap and a sunny orientation attracting much of the afternoon sun.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.