Greenway Road, Redland
Situated on a quiet road in Redland close to Blackboy Hill/Whiteladies Road; a spacious and stylishly presented 5 bedroom Victorian town house, circa 2,250 sq. ft., with 2 reception rooms, study, 35ft semi open-plan kitchen/breakfast/dining room having sliding doors onto 38ft south-west facing rear garden.
A wonderful and highly convenient location, yet on a peaceful road within just 100 metres of St Johns Primary School and within a short level walk of the shops, restaurants and cafes of Whiteladies Road/Blackboy Hill. Also within 0.5 miles of Cotham Secondary School and Durdham Downs. Clifton Down local train station is also a short walk away and offers regular access to Bristol Temple Meads.
Spacious and flexible accommodation arranged over four floors including 5 bedrooms (master with en-suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe) plus 2 bath/shower rooms and study.
On the raised ground floor there are two spacious reception rooms with ornate moulded plasterwork, fireplaces and tall sash windows (to the front there is a bay window and to the rear two multi-paned windows which overlook the rear garden).
There is a gorgeous dual aspect semi open-plan kitchen/breakfast/dining room on the ground floor comprising a stylish kitchen/breakfast room with sleek gloss handle-less units, quartz worktops and high end integrated appliances. The dining area which could also serve as a living room has an inset woodburning stove and virtually full width powder coated aluminium sliding doors opening to an open-fronted rear porch and the south-westerly facing rear garden.
An attractive, bright and well-appointed family home in a lovely location with sunny garden and so much more to savour.
Situated within the Cotham North residents parking scheme.
- A spacious and stylishly presented Victorian town house
- 5 bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower and walk-in wardrobe)
- Two spacious reception rooms and separate study
- 35ft semi open-plan kitchen/breakfast/dining room with sliding doors
- Flexible and versatile accommodation over four floors
- Landscaped 38ft south-west facing rear garden
- Easy maintenance front garden
- An attractive, bright and well appointed family home
RAISED GROUND FLOOR
from the pavement, there are impressive gate pillars with wrought iron pedestrian gate opening onto a short pathway with slate steps and wrought iron balustrade to side giving access to the front entrance. Solid wood panelled front door with brass door furniture and fanlight, opening to:-
inlaid entrance mat, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing and ceiling light point. Part glazed wooden door with overlight opening to:-
having an elegant easy rising turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles, tall moulded skirtings, ornate central ceiling arch, radiator, simple moulded cornicing. Turning staircase descending to the ground floor. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
FRONT RECEPTION ROOM: (14' 11'' x 13' 3'') (4.54m x 4.04m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising three tall sash windows, working fireplace with slate surround and hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted bookshelving), tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, radiator, ceiling light point. Door to:-
Useful Storage Cupboard:
fitted shelving and ceiling light point.
SITTING ROOM: (17' 0'' x 12' 11'') (5.18m x 3.93m)
a pair of tall multi-paned sash windows overlooking the rear garden and enjoying a sunny aspect. Working fireplace with slate slips, stone mantelpiece and slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point.
SEMI OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN/BREAKFAST/DINING ROOM: (35' 0'' x 16' 9'' max measurements) (10.66m x 5.10m)
loosely divided as follows:-
Kitchen/Breakfast Room: (16' 7'' x 15' 10'') (5.05m x 4.82m)
a stylish and well-appointed bespoke kitchen/breakfast room by The Kitchen Partners on Whiteladies Road. Comprehensively fitted with an array of sleek gloss handle-less and soft closing base and eye level units comprising drawers and cabinets. Roll edged quartz worktops with glass splashback and LED pelmet lighting. Undermount Blanko 1 ½ bowl sink with indented draining board and swan neck mixer tap. Integrated fridge, freezer, induction hob and dishwasher by Neff. Integrated steam oven and electric oven by Miele. Integrated extraction fan. Island unit incorporating breakfast bar, wooden flooring with underfloor heating, bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows, full height built in cupboards offering generous shelving space, cupboard with space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, inset ceiling downlights, ceiling light point, wiring for surround sound speakers. Walkway to the front hall. Wide walkway through to:-
Dining Area: (16' 10'' x 12' 9'') (5.13m x 3.88m)
virtually full width powder coated aluminium sliding doors overlooking and opening externally to the south-west facing rear garden with open-fronted porch. Central inset woodburning stove set upon a slate hearth with further recesses to either side (both with fitted shelving), wooden flooring with underfloor heating, two ceiling light points, inset ceiling downlights, wiring for surround sound speakers.
inlaid entrance mat and wooden flooring, main switchboard control cupboard, part glazed door opening externally to the front elevation. Door to:-
low level wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash hand basin with tiled surround, wooden flooring, double opening cupboard, inset ceiling downlight, extractor fan.
moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point, turning staircase ascending to the second floor. Doors to:-
BEDROOM 1: (14' 11'' x 13' 6'' max into bay) (4.54m x 4.11m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows, working fireplace with slate surround and hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, two ceiling light points, radiator. Doors to:-
ample hanging rail and pull out drawers, ceiling light point.
En-Suite Shower Room: (10' 8'' x 3' 4'') (3.25m x 1.02m)
walk-in shower with built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment, low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap and drawers below, complimentary shelf, wall mounted mirror with shaver point and integral lighting, obscure glazed sash window to the front elevation, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 4'' x 8' 4'') (4.06m x 2.54m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, period fireplace with cast iron surround and ornately carved mantelpiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, fitted shelving, radiator, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (13' 0'' x 8' 6'') (3.96m x 2.59m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, fitted floating bookshelving, radiator, ceiling light point. Built-in wardrobes with louvred doors.
shower cubicle with built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment, low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin with mixer tap, heated towel rail/radiator, underfloor heating, wall mounted mirror with integral lighting, built-in double opening mirrored cupboards, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan. Raised height internal window through to the en-suite of the master bedroom.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell and enjoying plenty of natural light via a large Velux window, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Raised height storage area. Doors to:-
BEDROOM 4: (12' 5'' x 11' 10'') (3.78m x 3.60m)
dormer window to the front elevation with far reaching rooftop views, radiator, coved ceiling, ceiling light point, built-in wardrobe with ample hanging rail and shelving space. Airing Cupboard housing hot water cylinder, pressurised tank and wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired boiler.
BEDROOM 5: (13' 4'' x 8' 0'') (4.06m x 2.44m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation, built-in wardrobe with cupboards above, radiator, fitted shelving, ceiling light point.
STUDY: (13' 4'' x 7' 6'') (4.06m x 2.28m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation, built-in double wardrobe with cupboards above, radiator, shelving, ceiling light point.
Japanese style bath with waterfall style mixer tap, built-in shower unit and wall mounted handheld shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern and tiled surround. Wash stand with basin, mixer tap plus drawer and cupboards below. Wall mounted mirrored cupboards, heated towel rail/radiator, underfloor heating, shaver point, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
FRONT GARDEN: (17' 10'' x 16' 3'') (5.43m x 4.95m)
designed for ease of maintenance having been paved with well stocked borders featuring an array of mature shrubs, dwarf brick wall along the front boundary with impressive gate pillars, slate steps ascending to the front door with useful storage cupboard beneath. Part glazed wooden door opening to the front hall.
REAR OPEN-FRONTED PORCH: (17' 5'' x 5' 8'') (5.30m x 1.73m)
accessed internally via sliding doors from the dining room and therefore is a wonderful sheltered space between the open-plan kitchen/breakfast/dining room and the south-westerly facing rear garden. Timber decked with sloping obscure glazed roof with exposed beams, window to side. Access to:-
REAR GARDEN: (32' 7'' x 16' 8'') (9.92m x 5.08m)
enjoying a sunny orientation. Recently landscaped and principally laid to artificial grass and level. Enclosed on all three sides by brick/stone walling with deep shrub borders and railway sleepers. Shaped patio with ample space for garden furniture, potted plans and barbeque etc. Further patio at the tail end of the garden and garden shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.