0117 946 6690
- Spacious double height bay front Victorian semi-detached family house.
- 5 double bedroom (one with en-suite shower room and dressing room)
- 3 reception rooms.
- Spacious reception hall.
- Circa 3,100 sq.ft.
- Driveway parking for 2 cars.
- South facing garden (38ft x 32ft).
- Within 400 metres of Westbury Park Primary and 700 metres of Redland Green Secondary.
- Short walk from the Downs (400 acres of recreational space).
- The vendors have secured a property with no onward chain.
PRICE GUIDE RANGE: £1,250,000 - £1,325,000
An exceptionally well-proportioned 5 double bedroom (1 with en suite and dressing room), 3 reception room period semi-detached family home located within just 400 metres of Westbury Park Primary School and just 700 metres of Redland Green Secondary School. Further benefiting from off road parking for 2 family sized cars, a south facing rear garden and useful basement utility/storage space.
Lovely leafy location high up in Redland and within a short stroll of the green open spaces of Durdham Downs and Redland Green Park, as well as the local shops of Coldharbour Road, North View and Blackboy Hill/Whiteladies Road, with its weekly farmers market, numerous cafes and restaurants and bus connections to all central areas.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule with ample space for coats and shoes leads through to a fabulous central reception hallway with doors off to a wonderful broad bay fronted sitting room with wood burning stove, reception 2/dining room with wide wall opening creating a sociable connection with the kitchen/breakfast room, both of which have double doors accessing the rear garden, reception 3/home office and ground floor wc.
First Floor: landing, principal bedroom suite with adjoining walk in dressing area and en suite bathroom/shower/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 (off lower mezzanine landing), family bathroom/wc and bedroom 4 (off upper mezzanine landing).
Second Floor: spacious landing with doors off to a useful attic storage space and bedroom 5, which also has an adjoining attic space with potential for conversion into a further bathroom (subject to any necessary consents).
Lower Ground Floor: practical lower ground floor utility room (20ft x 14ft) plus additional storage cupboards and useful rear access onto the garden, making it a useful space for bicycles, tools, garden equipment etc.
Outside: to the front of the property the driveway is tastefully landscaped to provide off road parking for 2 family sized cars and to the rear of the building there is a 38ft x 32ft south easterly facing rear garden with raised decked terrace adjoining the kitchen, gated side access and access into the lower ground floor.
A substantial period home in a superb location for families.
via brick paved driveway providing off street parking for 2 family sized cars with pathway branching off the driveway up the left hand side of the building to the main front door which leads into:
ENTRANCE VESITUBLE: 7' 0'' x 7' 0'' (2.13m x 2.13m)
an original tessellated tiled floor, high ceilings, space for coats and boots and attractive part leaded glazed door leading through into the central hallway.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 13' 0'' x 8' 0'' (3.96m x 2.44m)
high ceilings with original ceiling coving, exposed stripped floorboards, dado rail, radiator with decorative cover, original staircase rising to first floor landing with door beneath accessing a further staircase descending to the lower ground floor landing. Further doors lead off the main entrance hall to the sitting room, reception 2/dining room (which in turn connects through to the kitchen/breakfast room), reception 3 and ground floor wc.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 18' 6'' max into bay x 15' 2'' max into chimney recess (5.63m x 4.62m)
a lovely bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, feature fireplace with wood burning stove and floating oak mantle, original exposed stripped floorboards, radiator with decorative cover and wide bay to front containing 5 original sash windows.
RECEPTION 2/DINING ROOM: 21' 3'' x 15' 1'' max into chimney recess (6.47m x 4.59m)
high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, feature fireplace with gas fired stove, radiator with decorative cover and period surround, exposed stripped floorboards and bay to rear comprising part glazed timber framed double doors with glazed panels beside and over accessing the decked terrace, which in turn leads down to the rear garden. Wide wall opening connects through to the kitchen/breakfast room, creating a lovely sociable space.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 17' 0'' x 9' 10'' (5.18m x 2.99m)
a hand built fitted kitchen with pained timber units comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with marble worktop over and inset Belfast style sink, chimney recess with space for range cooker with build in extractor hood over, further plumbing and appliance space for dishwasher and fridge/freezer, various storage cupboards, radiator with decorative cover, tiled floors, inset spotlights and double glazed timber framed double doors with glazed panels beside and over overlooking the decked terrace and rear garden with a southerly aspect.
RECEPTION 3/HOME OFFICE: (front 15' 5'' x 9' 11'' max into chimney recess (4.70m x 3.02m)
currently used as a generous home office but would work equally well as a children's playroom with wonderful high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, feature chimney recess, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and double glazed timber framed double doors with Juliette balcony to front.
GROUND FLOOR WC: 7' 0'' x 3' 0'' (2.13m x 0.91m)
high ceilings, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, heated towel rail/radiator, window to rear, extractor fan and original tessellated tiled floor.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
a staircase descends from the ground floor to the lower ground floor landing where there is a recessed storage area with built in cabinets, 2 further large recessed storage cupboards and the landing opens into:-
UTILITY ROOM: approx 20' 0'' max x 14' 1'' with ceiling height of approx 6'8" (6.09m x 4.29m/2.03m))
an incredibly practical and large lower ground floor utility space with built in base level units with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine/dryer, fridge and freezer with worktops over and inset Belfast style sink. There is a floor standing Worcester gas boiler, tiled floor and part glazed door to rear leading out onto the garden. This space is incredibly useful for bicycle access given the handy gated side entrance from the side lane.
doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 (off lower half landing) and bedroom 4 (off upper mezzanine landing) and bathroom/shower/wc. Dado rail and radiator with decorative cover.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 18' 6'' max into bay x 15' 2'' max into chimney recess (5.63m x 4.62m)
an impressive principal bedroom with doors accessing an adjoining walk in dressing room and generous en suite bathroom/wc. The bedroom has high ceilings with original ceiling coving and picture rail, an attractive period style fireplace with wood surround and slate hearth, wide bay to front comprising 5 sash windows, radiator with decorative cover.
Dressing Room: 10' 0'' x 7' 6'' max into built in wardrobes (3.05m x 2.28m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, a run of built in tall wardrobes with hanging rails and shelving.
En Suite Bathroom/Shower/wc: 10' 1'' x 7' 7'' (3.07m x 2.31m)
a white suite comprising roll edged claw foot bath, shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, radiator/heated towel rail, high ceilings with ceiling coving, dado rail, extractor fan and sash window to front.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 21' 10'' max into bay x 15' 0'' max into chimney recess (6.65m x 4.57m)
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, chimney recess with period surround and mantle, radiator, 2 sash windows to rear overlooking rear and neighbouring gardens.
BEDROOM 3: 15' 10'' x 10' 2'' max into chimney recess (4.82m x 3.10m)
(off lower mezzanine landing) a double bedroom with h high ceilings, sash window to rear offering a similar outlook as bedroom 2, radiator and chimney recess with built in shelving and period surround and mantle.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 8' 2'' x 7' 9'' (2.49m x 2.36m)
white suite comprising panelled bath, oversized shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, heated towel rail/radiator, 2 windows to side and an extractor fan.
BEDROOM 4: 15' 8'' max taken below sloped ceilings x 10' 2'' (4.77m x 3.10m)
(off upper mezzanine landing) a double bedroom with plenty of natural light provided by the Velux window and further sash window offering partial cityscape views over rooftops of surrounding buildings, radiator.
spacious landing with 2 Velux skylight windows over providing lots of natural light through the landing and stairwell and doors lead off to bedroom 5 and an unconverted attic space providing excellent storage and offering further potential (subject to any necessary consents).
BEDROOM 5: 14' 10'' x 11' 7'' (4.52m x 3.53m)
a double bedroom with Velux skylight window and further sash window to side, radiator and door accessing an adjoining boarded loft space offering further potential for an additional room or bathroom (subject to any necessary consents).
OFF ROAD PARKING:
the frontage of the property has been tastefully landscaped to block paving to provide off street parking for 2 family sized cars.
REAR GARDEN: approx 38' 0'' x 32' 0'' (11.57m x 9.75m)
a level lawned garden with a southerly orientation and raised decked terrace leading off the kitchen, useful recessed side storage area, door accessing the lower ground floor utility room and handy gated access onto a side access lane (approached from Iddesleigh Road).
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.