Broadway Road, Bishopston
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,295,000 - £1,325,000. Sold discreetly. An impressive, well-proportioned and recently renovated, 4 double bedroom, 3 reception room Edwardian period semi-detached family home, situated on a much coveted road within 600m of Redland Green School. Having a fabulous full-width dining/living room and level 54ft sunny rear garden. Coveted location - a popular road in a friendly neighbourhood in the heart of Bishopston with the fantastic Redland Green Secondary School within 600m and Bishop Road Primary within 525m, handy for the Downs, St Andrew's Park nearby and within easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, Whiteladies Road, Bristol University, numerous private schools, good primary schools aplenty, main hospitals, BBC plus other local parks at Redland Green and Cotham Gardens. Redland local train stations is also nearby. Lovely atmosphere with many period features including fireplaces, ornate ceiling plasterwork, exposed wooden floorboards, etc. 54ft fully enclosed rear garden with patio. Ground Floor: reception hall, bay fronted sitting room (16ft x 13ft), study, full-width dining/living room (24ft x 15ft), separate kitchen, utility room/WC. First Floor: landing, 4 double bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room), family bath/shower room. Outside: off street parking for one car, front garden, well stocked rear garden with patio (54ft x 30ft). Extensively renovated by the present owners with great style and panache with little expense spared. To name but a few parking was created, wall opening between living and dining room, re-plumbed, re-wired and re-plastered. An outstanding period residence offering gracious and versatile accommodation with so much to appreciate and savour - location, facilities, atmosphere, character, high quality contemporary additions and lots of light and space.
- Semi-detached Victorian period family house
- 4 double bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Located within 600 metres of Redland Green Secondary School
- Stylishly renovated by the present owners
- Off-street parking for one car
- Sunny 54ft Rear garden with patio
- Convenient location for Gloucester Road
- Sold discreetly
From the pavement, there is a paved pathway running along the house leading to the front entrance. Solid wood panelled front with fan light, brass door furniture and external light, opening to:-
Tessellated tiled flooring, high sloping ceiling with skylight window, raised height shelving, inset ceiling downlights. Casement door opening externally to the side return. Part glazed wooden door with side panels and over lights, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (21' 10'' x 6' 5'') (6.65m x 1.95m)
The most welcoming entrance to this fabulous family home, having an elegant staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, Victorian style radiator, double opening main switchboard control cupboard, wall light point and cloakroom cupboard with hanging rail/shelving and ceiling light point. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (16' 0'' x 12' 10'') (4.87m x 3.91m)
a gracious principal reception room with bay window to front elevation comprising four tall sash windows. Central period fireplace with decorative tiled slips, slate hearth and ornately carved bullseye wooden mantlepiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, tall, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, two Victorian style radiators.
STUDY: (12' 10'' x 10' 8'') (3.91m x 3.25m)
tall sash window to the front elevation with Victorian style radiator below. Central ornately carved cast iron fireplace with decorative tiled slips and slate hearth. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirting, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, additional Victorian-style radiator, ceiling light point.
DINING/LIVING ROOM: (24' 0'' x 15' 6'' decreasing to 12'11) (7.31m x 4.72m/3.94m)
Box bay window overlooking the rear garden comprising five double glazed windows with over lights above, additional double glazed window also to the rear elevation. Central period fireplace with inset woodburning stove set upon a slate hearth with recesses to either side. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, inset ceiling downlights, two vertical style-radiators. Useful storage cupboard with shelving and inset ceiling downlight. Open doorway through to:-
KITCHEN: (13' 3'' x 6' 3'') (4.04m x 1.90m)
Shaker style kitchen comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eyelevel units combing drawers and cabinets. Space for range cooker and dishwasher, space for fridge/freezer, wall mounted shelving, tiled effect flooring, sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over, solid wooden worktop surfaces, vertical radiator, ceiling light point. Casement door and window to the side elevation overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden.
space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer on stacker system, wall mounted wash handbasin with hot and cold water taps, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, tiled effect flooring, radiator, ceiling light point. Door to:-
low level flush WC, obscure glazed window to the rear elevation, ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
Part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point. Loft access. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture. Opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (16' 0'' x 12' 0'') (4.87m x 3.65m)
Bay window to front elevation comprising four tall sash windows, central ornate cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, recess to either side of the chimney breast and both with built-in wardrobes with cupboard above, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, two Victorian-style radiators, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, two wall light points.
BEDROOM 2: (12' 11'' x 12' 10'') (3.93m x 3.91m)
Tall double glazed window overlooking the rear garden, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point, Victorian-style radiator. Four-panelled door with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (8' 3'' x 3' 7'') (2.51m x 1.09m)
Low level dual flush wc, Wash handbasin with mixer tap, splashback tiling and cupboard below. Walk-in shower cubicle with low level shower tray, built in shower unit, overhead shower and handheld shower attachment plus fully tiled surround. Tiled flooring with underfloor heating, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 3: (12' 11'' x 10' 11'') (3.93m x 3.32m)
Large double-glazed window overlooking the rear garden, ornate cast iron fireplace with tiled hearth, recesses either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, exposed wooden floorboards, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, Victorian-style radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (13' 0'' x 10' 10'') (3.96m x 3.30m)
Tall sash window to front elevation, ornate cast iron fireplace with decorative tiled hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose with light point, Victorian-style radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (8' 11'' x 6' 5'') (2.72m x 1.95m)
Panelled bath with shower screen, built-in shower unit, overhead circular shower and handheld shower attachment plus fully tiled surround. Washstand with quartz worktop and Carrera marble sink with mixer tap and pull-out drawers below. Low level dual flush wc. Tiled flooring with underfloor heating, obscure double-glazed sash window to the side elevation, two wall light points, inset ceiling downlights, moulded skirtings, extractor fan. Airing cupboard housing wall mounted Vaillant gas fired combination boiler with hot water cylinder and pressurised water tank.
Level section of lawn set back from the road behind, a dwarf stone wall and small raised-bed vegetable garden. Outside water tap and power supply.
REAR GARDEN: (54' 0'' x 30' 0'') (16.45m x 9.14m)
A good sized, recently landscaped and sunny rear garden. Immediately to the rear of the house is a large patio with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc. The remainder of the garden is principally laid to lawn with borders featuring an array of flowering plants, mature shrubs and climbing plants. Side access with covered area leading to the entrance porch. Outside water tap and lighting.
OFF STREET PARKING:
Flint chipped parking space for one vehicle.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 1000 year lease which commenced on 25 March 1894. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.