St. Oswalds Road, Redland
An exceptionally well proportioned 5 double bedroom late 1920s family home situated in a highly desired tree-lined road within just 500m of Redland Green School and further benefitting from off street parking for three cars and a fabulous 73ft x 38ft south-westerly facing rear garden. Clean and neutral interior which offers exciting scope for one to update and personalise to suit taste and requirements. Located on the borders of Westbury Park and Redland, an idyllic location for families, within just 50 yards of Redland Green Park and within close proximity of both the highly regarded Westbury Park Primary School and Redland Green Secondary School. Local shops and the Cambridge Arms pub are just round the corner and further shops and restaurants of Coldharbour Road/Henleaze Road and Blackboy Hill are also within easy reach, as are the expansive parkland spaces of Durdham Downs. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule leads through into a central reception hallway with doors off to a bay fronted sitting room, connecting through to reception 2/family room, separate good sized (15'2 x 10'9) kitchen/breakfast room with direct access out onto the south-westerly facing rear garden, utility room with adjoining bicycle storage garage, ground floor cloakroom/wc and understairs storage. First Floor: central landing, four double bedrooms and a large family bathroom/shower/wc. Second Floor: large double bedroom overlooking the rear garden, en-suite shower room/wc. Outside: to the front of the property there is the rare benefit of off street parking for three cars with handy gated side access through to a fabulous 73ft x 38ft south-westerly facing lawned rear garden framed with boundary walls and fencing. A particularly spacious (2,313 sq. ft.) family home situated on the sunny side of one of Redland’s most sought after roads.
- An exceptionally well proportioned (c. 2,313 sq ft) late 1920s family home
- Fabulous 73ft x 38ft south-westerly facing rear garden5 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room)
- Located within 500m of Redland Green School
- 5 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room)2 reception rooms + separate good sized kitchen/breakfast room
- Fabulous 73ft x 38ft south-westerly facing rear garden
- 2 reception rooms + separate good sized kitchen/breakfast room
- Off street parking for three cars
- Clean and neutral interior offering exciting scope to update/personalise
via landscaped driveway providing off street parking for three cars. The driveway approaches the central double doors providing the main entrance into the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: ((8' 10'' x 5' 0'') (2.69m x 1.52m))
high ceilings, tiled floor, coat hooks, built-in storage cupboards, original part leaded glazed main front door with leaded glazed panels beside and over leading through into:-
RECEPTION HALLWAY: ((14' 3'' x 8' 10'') (4.34m x 2.69m))
an impressive central entrance hallway with high ceilings, original exposed stripped floorboards and a radiator. Doors lead off to the sitting room, reception 2/family room, kitchen/breakfast room and utility room. Staircase rises to first floor landing.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) (18' 0'' into bay x 12' 6'' into chimney recess) (5.48m x 3.81m))
a lovely bright bay fronted sitting room with double glazed windows, radiator, tv point, telephone point, chimney recess and wall opening connecting through to:-
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: ((15' 0'' x 12' 6'' max into chimney recess) (4.57m x 3.81m))
a good sized reception room with high ceilings, radiators, chimney recess, double glazed door with windows beside and over leading directly out onto the south-westerly facing rear garden.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: ((rear) (15' 2'' x 10' 10'') (4.62m x 3.30m))
a range of fitted kitchen base and eye level units with roll edged laminated worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, integrated double stainless steel electric oven, 4 ring gas hob with extractor fan over, dishwasher and fridge. High ceilings with ceiling coving, radiator, double glazed window to rear and double glazed double doors providing an access out onto the south-westerly facing rear garden. Further part glazed door accesses:-
which in turn has access to a useful understairs store, a ground floor cloakroom/wc and handy side entrance accessing the side pathway running from the driveway to the rear garden.
CLOAKROOM/WC: ((5' 6'' x 2' 8'') (1.68m x 0.81m))
low level wc, wall mounted wash basin with tiled splashbacks, double glazed window to rear and a radiator.
UTILITY ROOM: ((8' 7'' x 8' 4'') (2.61m x 2.54m))
formerly part of the garage, the garage has historically been informally divided to create a utility space which links through to a reduced sized storage garage. washing machine with worktop and inset sink over, chest freezer, built-in shelving, tiled floor, window to side and door accessing:-
STORAGE GARAGE: ((8' 11'' x 6' 1'') (2.72m x 1.85m))
double doors off the driveway enter a useful bike storage space with electric meter and fuse box, gas meter and door through to the utility room.
a spacious landing with large window to side providing natural light through the landing and stairwell. Doors lead off to four double bedrooms and a generous family bathroom/shower/wc. Stairs lead up to the second floor where there is a door accessing bedroom 5.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) (14' 6'' x 12' 7'' into chimney recess) (4.42m x 3.83m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, built-in wardrobes, radiator and double glazed windows to front.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) (15' 0'' x 12' 6'' into chimney recess) (4.57m x 3.81m))
high ceilings, double glazed windows to rear offering a lovely outlook over the rear garden, radiator and sink.
BEDROOM 3: ((rear) (18' 3'' x 10' 10'' max) (5.56m x 3.30m))
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, double glazed windows to rear, radiators, feature chimney recess with built-in shelving and corner storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 4: ((front) (11' 3'' x 8' 11'') (3.43m x 2.72m))
high ceilings, double glazed windows to front, radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: ((11' 3'' x 8' 10'' incl. corner airing cupboard) (3.43m x 2.69m))
white suite comprising panelled bath, corner shower enclosure, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, part tiled walls, radiator, heated towel rail, double glazed windows to front, extractor fan and door accessing Boiler/Airing Cupboard housing Worcester gas boiler, pressurised hot water cylinder and slatted shelving.
door opening to:-
BEDROOM 5: ((20' 4'' into recess x 17' 10'' taken below sloped ceilings) (6.19m x 5.43m))
a large double bedroom with double glazed wide dormer window to rear overlooking the rear and neighbouring gardens, two radiators, door accessing:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: ((5' 1'' x 5' 1'') (1.55m x 1.55m))
white suite comprising corner shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, part tiled walls and double glazed windows to rear.
NB: the loft was converted historically, prior to our vendors ownership and likely prior to building regulations and therefore does not have any certification.
OFF STREET PARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
the property has the benefit of a large landscaped driveway providing off street parking for three cars with curved edge flower border beside containing various shrubs. There is also handy gated side access to the right of the building leading through to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: ((approx 73' 0'' x 38' 0'' max/27ft min) (22.23m x 11.57m/8.23m))
an incredibly good sized garden for Redland with a south-westerly orientation and therefore enjoying much of the day’s sunshine. The garden has a large sunken paved seating area closest to the property, perfect for outdoor seating and entertaining, with seven steps leading up to a large lawned section with curved edge flower borders containing various shrubs and trees. At the top of the garden there is a garden shed and to the side there is a handy gated side access through to the driveway.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.