Oakfield Grove, Clifton
A stylishly presented 2 bedroom garden apartment set within an impressive Victorian detached building in Clifton having private entrance, off-street parking, south-west facing rear garden and high quality en-suite garden annexe / studio. Situated on a wide, quiet and much sought after road the apartment is set back behind a gravelled forecourt and well tended communal garden. Ideally situated between Clifton Village and Whiteladies Road with the local convenience store being Marks and Spencer. Also a short stroll away is Bristol's Lido swimming pool, spa and restaurant, as well as the Everyman cinema. Convenient for local employers including Bristol University, BBC and Bristol Royal Infirmary. There are two access access points from the forecourt leading to a delightful south-west facing private garden, this space has been cleverly designed with a large lawned section, small seating area beneath a mature fig tree, garden shed, well stocked borders and high quality garden annexe/studio. The garden annexe/studio was installed in 2018 and offers a garden studio/additional living space along with an en-suite shower room and is connected to all main services. Internally the apartment is accessed via a porch and entrance hallway, once inside the property the hallway has been fitted with bespoke built in wardrobes providing useful storage. At the front of the apartment there is a spacious sitting/dining room benefiting from wooden flooring and a wide bay window comprising three double glazed wooden sash windows. A wide wall opening leads to the kitchen which has quartz worktops, shaker style units and integrated appliances. To the rear of the apartment there are two bedrooms and a family bath/shower room. Both bedrooms have been neutrally decorated and include built in cupboards and overlook the rear garden. The second bedroom also includes a built in study space. A smart family bath/shower room is across the hall from the bedrooms and benefits from a freestanding bath, white suite, heated towel rail and separate shower.
- A very smart 2 bedroom garden apartment;
- South westerly facing private rear garden;
- Private entrance;
- Bay fronting sitting / dining room (21ft x 14ft)
- Off-street parking for one car;
- Set within a detached Victorian period building on a quiet road in Clifton;
- High quality en-suite garden annexe/office;
- An earliest viewing recommended.
from the pavement, access to a large gravelled forecourt providing off-street parking. Along the left hand side wisteria clad fence, a pedestrian gate opens onto a sweeping pathway. Additionally to one side of the building there is a picket gate with steps down. Wrought iron gate opening to an open-fronted porch with wall light. Wooden door with obscure glazed panels opening to:-
L SHAPED ENTRANCE HALLWAY:
a most welcoming entrance with engineered oak flooring, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, ceiling light point, radiator. Generous storage cabinets with shelving and handrail. Panelled doors with chrome door furniture, opening to:-
SITTING/DINING ROOM: 17' 1'' x 14' 1'' (5.20m x 4.29m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising three wooden double glazed sash windows with complimentary window shelf, central period fireplace with inset electric stove on a slate hearth, engineered oak flooring, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, four wall light points, radiator. Wide wall opening through to:-
KITCHEN: 8' 8'' x 6' 4'' (2.64m x 1.93m)
stylish shaker style kitchen comprising panelled base and eye level units which combine drawers and cabinets. Roll edged quartz worktops with matching upstands, undermount stainless steel 1 ½ bowl sink with swan neck mixer tap. Integral appliances including 4 ring induction hob, extractor hood with integral lighting, microwave, electric oven and tall fridge/freezer. Engineered oak flooring, inset ceiling downlights, mains switchboard control.
BEDROOM 1: 13' 4'' x 9' 11'' (4.06m x 3.02m)
a pair of wooden double glazed sash windows overlooking the rear garden and enjoying a sunny orientation with working shutters. Moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, ceiling light point, radiator. Airing Cupboard housing wall mounted Alpha gas fired combination boiler plus hanging rail.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 3'' x 6' 6'' (4.34m x 1.98m)
window overlooking the rear garden with working shutters, recess with built-in work station and shelving, built-in wardrobe, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, ceiling light point, radiator.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM: 8' 2'' x 7' 0'' (2.49m x 2.13m)
freestanding bath with built-in mixer tap, wash hand basin with mixer tap and pull out drawers below, shower cubicle with built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment, low level dual flush wc, heated towel rail/radiator, tiled flooring, fitted shelving, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
OUTSIDE: 42' 3'' x 28' 5'' plus 18'3" x 11'11" (12.87m x 8.65m/5.56m x 3.63m)
an immensely private and sunny south-westerly facing rear garden enclosed on all three sides by a combination of fencing and high stone wall. There is a level section of lawn flanked by slate chippings and a row of lavender. Wood chipped seating area beneath an established fig tree. There are also an assortment of ferns, grasses and hydrangea. The initial section of garden has been designed for ease of maintenance with twin pathways leading to the front door, garden shed, wisteria clad border and a beautiful tobacco tree. Outside water tap and lighting.
GARDEN ANNEXE/STUDIO: 15' 0'' x 11' 0'' (4.57m x 3.35m)
double glazed double doors with virtually full height windows to either side open onto a covered deck and enjoy views over the garden. Further virtually full height windows to either side, wood effect flooring, two radiators, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlights, stainless steel sink with mixer tap, eye level cupboard, space and plumbing for washing machine. Door to:-
En Suite Shower Room:
shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit and handheld shower attachment, low level dual flush wc, wash stand with circular wash hand basin and mixer tap, wood effect flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan, coved ceiling.
COVERED TIMBER DECK:
set above the main section of the garden and providing ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc with raised border featuring a row of rosemary. Tucked away area to one side of the shed.
there is a gravelled off-street parking area providing unallocated parking for each apartment owner.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 29 September 1978. There is also a £25 ground rent payable. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £125 (N.B. this is due to increase to £175 from January 2021). This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. The sloped land that leads to the side entrance is owned by flat 7 and is not communal, but the owner will informally permit occasional use when necessary. Main access to the flat via the steps.
5. The garden studio does not have planning permission to be used as overnight accommodation, or as separate commercial premises.
6. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
7. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
8. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
9. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
10. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
11. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.