Hurle Crescent, Clifton
A handsome large (3,395 sq.ft.), 5 double bedroom (1 with en suite), 3 reception room Victorian semi-detached family home situated on a desirable crescent, close to Whiteladies Road. Further benefiting from off road parking, a generous single garage, storage cellars and a sunny courtyard garden.
Many retained period features and generous room proportions throughout add to the impressive sense of space and light in this wonderful family home.
Situated on a peaceful and picturesque crescent which enjoys the convenience of its location, just a short level stroll from the shops, cafes, restaurants, bus connections and weekly farmer’s market of Whiteladies Road. Clifton Down train station and excellent schools are also within easy reach.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule with double doors into an impressive central entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room, dining room, reception 3, butler’s pantry, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, ground floor cloakroom/wc and access down to the storage cellar spaces.
First Floor: bedroom 1 with a superb large en suite shower room with built in wardrobes and separate wc, bedroom 2 with built in wardrobes, bedroom 3 with door accessing a covered balcony, enjoying plenty of afternoon summer sunshine. Family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: bedroom 4 and bedroom 5 (both good sized double), a further bathroom, separate wc and access to loft storage space.
Outside: driveway off road parking with electrical charging point and a larger than average single garage, both rare assets in a Clifton home.
A substantial and most attractive period family home of a lovely scale in an incredibly desirable road and location.
- A handsome large (3,395 sq.ft.), 5 double bedroom Clifton home
- Off road parking and a garage
- 3 reception rooms
- Many period features
- courtyard rear garden, front garden and a balcony.
- Wonderful location on a desirable crescent, close to Whiteladies Rd
via stone pillars and driveway sweeping up the right hand side of the building beside the front garden to the main front door on the side of the property into:-
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 8' 0'' x 4' 3'' min (2.44m x 1.29m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, large glazed roof light panel providing plenty of natural light, original tiled flooring, low level meter cupboard, original stained glass window to side and beautiful stained glass double doors leading through into:
RECEPTION HALLWAY: 21' 0'' max x 5' 6'' widening to 11'0" (6.40m x 1.68m/3.35)
a welcoming central entrance hallway with high ceilings, ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, an original staircase rises to the first floor landing with door beneath accessing a staircase descending to the storage cellars, original stained glass door accesses a Butler’s Pantry with original drawers and open shelving. Radiator, dado rail and doors leading off the hallway to the sitting room, dining room, kitchen and reception 3/home office.
SITTING ROOM: 18' 0'' max into chimney recess x 16' 10'' max into bay (5.48m x 5.13m)
a good sized bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings and original ceiling coving, 4 sash windows to the front overlooking the front with built in window seat and storage beneath, case iron period style fireplace with inset tiles, original marble surround and hearth, picture rail, tv point, radiators, gas point.
DINING ROOM: 20' 6'' max into bay x 13' 4'' max into chimney recess (6.24m x 4.06m)
large reception room with high ceiling, ceiling coving, wide bay to side comprising 4 sash windows with built in plantation shutters, built in sideboard with open shelving over to chimney recess, feature fireplace with gas coal effect fire and original white marble surround and slate hearth. Radiator.
RECEPTION 3/HOME OFFICE: 11' 11'' x 9' 10'' max into chimney recess (3.63m x 2.99m)
high ceilings with original ceiling coving, sash window to front overlooking the front garden, built in shelving to chimney recesses and a radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 14' 6'' max into chimney recess x 11' 5'' (4.42m x 3.48m)
a hand built farmhouse style kitchen with hand built painted units with base and eye level cupboards and drawers with worktop and inset double bowl sink and drainer unit over, integrated appliances including Bosch ovens and a 4 ring gas hob. Plumbing for dishwasher, a built in Aga set into the chimney recess, space for breakfast table and chairs, 2 sash windows to rear and folding door to rear accessing the rear lobby, which in turn has doors off to the utility area.
built in base and eye level units, Belfast style sink, tiled floor, stable style door to side accessing the rear section of garden and folding part glazed door accessing a ground floor utility/wc.
plumbing for washing machine with counter over and built in storage cupboards, wall mounted Viessmann gas boiler, low level wc and sink with tiled splashback.
a spacious central landing with doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/wc. Radiator.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 8'' x 13' 5'' max into chimney recess (5.08m x 4.09m)
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, period fireplace, radiators and 2 large sash windows to side. A door leads off the bedroom into:
En Suite Shower Room: 11' 6'' x 8' 0'' to front of built in wardrobes (3.50m x 2.44m)
a wonderful large en suite shower room with walk in shower area with dual headed system fed shower, fixed glass shower screen and recessed alcove shelf. Wall mounted wash basin, 2 sash windows to rear, built in mirrored wardrobes, heated towel rail, bathroom cabinet, tiled floor with underfloor heating and door off to:
WC: period wc with high level cistern, tiled floor, part tiled walls and small sash window to rear.
BEDROOM 2: (front) 18' 0'' max into bay x 13' 0'' (5.48m x 3.96m)
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, built in wardrobes, radiators and 2 sash windows to front.
BEDROOM 3: 11' 11'' x 9' 11'' max into chimney recess (3.63m x 3.02m)
a pretty bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and large part glazed door accessing a covered balcony.
covered balcony attracting much of the afternoon and early evening summer sunshine with timber decked surface and balustrade to front.
a white suite comprising panelled bath with electric shower over, low level wc, wash hand basin with storage cabinet beneath, ceiling coving, part tiled walls, radiator and sash window to side.
a spacious top floor landing with 2 large Velux skylight windows flooding the landing and stairwell with natural light. Dado rail and doors leading off to bedroom 4, bedroom 5, a second family bathroom and cloakroom/wc.
BEDROOM 4: 21' 10'' x 13' 5'' (6.65m x 4.09m)
a good sized double bedroom with a period cast iron fireplace, radiators and sash window to side.
BEDROOM 5: (front) 17' 11'' x 13' 9'' (5.46m x 4.19m)
a double bedroom with sash window to front and radiators.
panelled bath, wall mounted wash basin, heated towel rail, tiled floor, part tiled walls and Velux skylight window.
low level wc and low level doors accessing attic storage space.
there are cellar storage rooms covering the areas beneath the sitting room with high level windows to front and fuse box for the electrics. The cellar storage space has an approximate ceiling height of 6’1”/1.85m.
OFF STREET PARKING & GARAGE:
the property has the rare advantage of a driveway providing off road parking for at least 2 vehicles and the owners have installed a pod point (electric charging point).
GARAGE: 21' 4'' x 10' 11'' (6.50m x 3.32m)
a good sized single garage with up and over door, power and light.
pretty lawned front garden with original stone boundary walls and well stocked flower borders containing various plants, shrubs, roses and trees. A pathway leads off the driveway to the rear garden.
a courtyard style rear garden mainly laid to paving providing a sunny seating area for barbequing/entertaining. Border with roses and clematis.
VIEWING & FURTHE RINFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.