Devonshire Road, Westbury Park
Situated along this popular tree-lined residential road, a stylish 2 bedroom hall floor apartment with private rear garden and single garage. Having a stylish kitchen/breakfast room with shaker style base and eye level units, solid wooden worktops, Belfast style sink and integral appliances including electric oven, gas hob, dishwasher and washing machine. Situated at the front of the apartment is a bay fronted sitting room featuring louvred shutters, exposed wooden floorboards, fitted shelving and a period fireplace with inset wood burning stove upon a slate hearth. The neighbourhood has a great deal to offer. The nearby schools, including Westbury Park Primary School and Redland Green Secondary School are both of an excellent standard and highly regarded. The local convenience store is a nearby Waitrose. Just a short walk away there is a fishmonger, two butcher's shops, cafes, good small restaurants aplenty, a gastro pub and many varied independent shops to explore as well as the local library and independent cinema. Just a short stroll away is Durdham Downs which offers 400 acres of recreational space. Accommodation: entrance hall, kitchen/breakfast room, bay fronted sitting room, two bedrooms, family bathroom. Outside: small inner courtyard, private rear garden, single garage. A most appealing hall floor garden apartment set within an Edwardian period building (comprising just two apartments) in an immensely desirable location.
- Level access Garden Flat
- Rear Garage
- Tree lined road
- One of only two flats within a period building
via a chequerboard tiled pathway intersecting the natural stone patio leading up to the wooden communal entrance door, into:-
COMMUNAL PORCH & HALLWAY:
original tiled flooring in porch with ornate ceiling mouldings and dado rail which continue through to the communal hallway via an obscured glazed wooden door. Wall mounted consumer units. Staircase rising to the upper maisonette and private door straight ahead into this apartment.
'U' shaped hallway with partial ceiling mouldings, coat hanging space, understairs storage cupboard and doors to further rooms. Wooden flooring.
SITTING ROOM: (15' 1'' x 13' 4'') (4.59m x 4.06m)
wooden flooring continues, angled bay with wood framed sash windows to front elevation with louvred shutters, simple ceiling mouldings, period fireplace housing wood burning stove with marble surround and slate hearth, floor height storage cupboards and bookcases to both sides of the chimney breast, and radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (12' 11'' x 11' 2'') (3.93m x 3.40m)
upvc double glazed patio door to rear elevation opening onto courtyard. Fully fitted shaker style kitchen with square edged wooden worksurfaces to both sides, eye and floor level cupboards with display shelves, plate rack and worktop lighting above splashback tiling. Belfast sink with swan neck mixer tap, integrated Bosch 5 ring gas hob with electric oven beneath and matching stainless steel extractor hood over, integrated dishwasher and washing machine, concealed bin. Space for freestanding fridge/freezer, wooden flooring continuing from the hallway.
BEDROOM 1: (11' 5'' x 10' 1'') (3.48m x 3.07m)
upvc double glazed French doors with louvred shutters opening onto raised decking overlooking the garden, partially moulded ceilings, and radiator.
BEDROOM 2/STUDY: (13' 3'' x 5' 7'') (4.04m x 1.70m)
dual aspect room, upvc double glazed door to rear elevation with louvred shutters opening onto garden, further double glazed window overlooking courtyard to front elevation, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (7' 10'' x 6' 5'') (2.39m x 1.95m)
accessed from the hallway, wooden flooring continues, upvc double glazed window to side elevation with louvred shutters overlooking courtyard, white bathroom suite comprising low level wc, hand basin with swan neck mixer tap and mirrored medicine cabinet over with shaver point, splashback tiling, corner bath with mixer tap, exposed variable valve mixer shower over with partial tiling to the corner. Wall mounted heated towel rail, ceiling mounted extractor fan.
front natural stone patio.
a central landlocked courtyard with wooden decking is accessed from the kitchen.
an attractive rear garden with an open street scene vista beyond. Raised wooden decking immediately abuts the property with a short flight of steps down to the lower garden which is laid predominantly to patio with a small section of artificial grass to one side. There is a small outside cupboard housing the Worcester gas fired combination boiler in one corner, an ‘L’ shaped bench to another corner with raised planted boxes at either end and a further raised bed below the decking. Brick borders to both sides with wooden trellis fencing to the rear, two further doors provide pedestrian access either onto the rear access lane or directly into:-
SINGLE GARAGE/GARDEN STORE: (14' 3'' x 8' 1'') (4.34m x 2.46m)
brick built garage with a pitched roof and disused door to rear elevation, rear window for natural light.
There is no parking allocation with this property beyond the garage. The hardstanding area serviced via the rear access lane provides off street parking for the upstairs flat.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 January 1987. We understand there is a ground rent payable of £25 per annum or a share of the freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars that there is no formal monthly service charge, with works paid for on an as and when basis with the upstairs flat and an annual contribution towards building insurance. This information should be checked by your legal adviser
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.