0117 946 6690
- An elegant and beautifully presented period family home
- South west facing garden and off street parking.
- 4 double bedrooms and 3 separate reception rooms
- Fabulous family kitchen/dining room
- Many period features and over 2000 sq ft of accommodation.
- Beautiful decor and fittings throughout.
An elegant and beautifully presented 4/5 bedroom (1 en-suite) Redland family home situated in a popular location within close proximity of Whiteladies Road. Offering spacious and immaculately presented accommodation throughout, as well as enjoying many period features, a 40ft landscaped south west facing garden and the rare benefit of off street parking.
A wonderful and highly convenient location, yet on a peaceful and attractive road within just 100 metres of St John's Primary School and within a short level walk of the shops, restaurants, cafes and weekly farmers market of Whiteladies Road. Also within ½ mile of Cotham Secondary School and Durdham Downs
Spacious and flexible accommodation arranged over 4 floors including 4 bedrooms (1 with a stylish en suite shower room), 3 separate reception (or 5 bedrooms & 2 receptions depending on one's requirements), large family bathroom/wc, ground floor cloakroom/wc, further useful storage and utility cupboards and a fabulous family kitchen/dining room with direct access onto the sunny south westerly facing rear garden
An inviting, bright and well-appointed family home with a sunny rear garden, parking and much more
via garden gate and pathway leading up the right hand side of the property towards the main front door to the house.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (4' 2'' x 3' 5'') (1.27m x 1.04m)
part glazed door providing handy access through to the rear garden, tiled floor, coat hooks and built in shoe shelving and further part glazed door leading into the main entrance hallway.
high ceilings with original cornicing, staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to the lower ground floor, wall mounted thermostat control for central heating, exposed stripped period floorboards, radiator and doors leading off to sitting room, reception 3/bedroom 5 and ground floor cloakroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (16' 4'' into chimney recess x 14' 10'' into bay) (4.97m x 4.52m)
an elegant sitting room with high ceiling, original cornicing and central ceiling rose, wide bay to front comprising 3 feature arched double glazed sash windows with built in window seat below, exposed stripped period floorboards, attractive open fireplace with wood surround, slate hearth and log effect fire, 4 radiators.
RECEPTION 3/BEDROOM 5: (rear) (12' 10'' x 12' 1'' into chimney recess) (3.91m x 3.68m)
2 large sash windows to rear with built in plantation shutters, built in shelving to chimney recesses, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and door accessing large (6'0 x 3'5) (1.83m x 1.04m) walk in storage cupboard with high level shelving.
low level wc, pedestal wash basin with mosaic tiled splashbacks, exposed stripped floorboards and sliding doors accessing generous Airing Cupboard with built in slatted shelving.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
oak flooring, door accessing useful generous understairs storage cupboard and further doors leading off to reception 2/family room and kitchen/breakfast room.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (front) (16' 2'' into chimney recess x 14' 10'' into bay) (4.92m x 4.52m)
generous bay fronted reception room with high ceilings and plenty of natural light provided by the 3 sash windows to front with built-in shutters, period style cast iron fireplace with inset tiles and period surround, high ceilings with ceiling coving and inset spotlights, 2 radiators and built in open shelving to chimney recesses.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (16' 3'' x 12' 9'') (4.95m x 3.88m)
a tastefully appointed kitchen/breakfast room with fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with matt granite worktop over and inset 1½ bowl sink, appliance space for range cooker with built in glass splashback behind, integrated dishwasher, larder fridge, stone flooring, ample space for dining room table and chairs, radiator, part glazed stable style door to rear accessing rear garden and large south west facing sash window to rear flooding the kitchen with natural light, 2 further smaller windows to rear and side, door accessing wonderful walk in larder cupboard with space for tall freezer and built in shelving for food and kitchen accessories, further door accessing Utility Cupboard with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, built in shelving and wall mounted Vaillant gas boiler.
staircase continuing up to the second floor landing and doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (17' 1'' into chimney recess x 15' 0'' into bay) (5.20m x 4.57m)
large double bedroom with high ceilings, original cornicing and wide bay to front comprising 3 double glazed sash windows, 2 radiators and door accessing recessed wardrobe. Further door accesses an en suite shower room/wc.
En Suite Shower Room/WC: (9' 4'' x 3' 6'') (2.84m x 1.07m)
white suite comprising shower enclosure with system fed dual headed shower, low level wc, contemporary wash basin with built in wall mounted floating cabinet beneath, chrome effect heated towel rail, tiled walls and floor with underfloor heating, window to side, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (13' 3'' x 9' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.04m x 2.74m)
large sash window to rear with working wooden shutters, attractive period cast iron fireplace and door accessing generous recessed wardrobe/storage cupboard.
BATHROOM/WC: (9' 9'' x 7' 6'') (2.97m x 2.28m)
white suite comprising free standing double ended bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, oversized corner shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, chrome effect heated towel rail, built in plantation shutters, tiled walls and floor with underfloor heating, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
large Velux skylight window flooding the landing and stairwell with natural light, low level hatch accessing eaves loft storage space and doors accessing bedroom 3 and bedroom 4.
BEDROOM 3: (13' 0'' into chimney recess x 12' 7'' into dormer window) (3.96m x 3.83m)
(front) double bedroom with large dormer window to front offering fantastic panoramic cityscape views over rooftops of the surrounding area towards Bath hills on the horizon. Radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (13' 0'' into chimney recess x 10' 10'' into dormer window) (3.96m x 3.30m)
(rear) double bedroom with large dormer window to rear offering a pleasant outlook over neighbouring gardens and through a gap between the buildings opposite, down Burlington Road towards Whiteladies Road. Radiator.
OFF STREET PARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
the front garden has been landscaped to block paving to provide off street parking for one car, low level boundary wall to front and pathway leading up the side of the property to the main front door.
REAR GARDEN: (40' 0'' x 21' 0'') (12.18m x 6.40m)
tastefully landscaped south westerly facing rear garden with sunken seating area closest to the kitchen with central steps leading up to a level low maintenance garden, bathed in afternoon summer sunshine and surrounded by flower borders containing plants, shrubs and trees, steps leading up to a handy side access through the porch to the front of the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.