0117 946 6690
- Breathtaking, sublime and spectacular panoramic views of the Avon Gorge
- A welcoming, light and bright early 1930s detached house
- 4 double bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- Integral garage and off street parking for 2/3 cars on in and out driveway
- Extensive sunny south facing terraced gardens to rear extending down the side of the Gorge
- Prestigious location in a select neighbourhood amongst leafy surroundings
- In total circa 0.47 acres (part of which is within a Site of Special Scientific Interest)
PRICE GUIDE RANGE: £1,200,000 - £1,250,000
With arguably the best view in Bristol - this welcoming, light and bright 4 double bedroom early 1930's detached house with c. 0.47 acre grounds enjoys a peerless and commanding position high up in this sought-after cul-de-sac in leafy Sneyd Park.
Blessed with breath-taking, sublime and spectacular panoramic views of the Avon Gorge - from the edge of the Downs on one side, across the Avon itself to the wooded expanse of Leigh Woods on the other, with the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge centre stage in the distance. These majestic, dramatic and uplifting views are enjoyed from the principal rooms as well as from the south facing garden.
Prestigious location offering a degree of privacy and seclusion in a select neighbourhood amongst leafy surroundings and lush gardens, handy for the beautiful wide open spaces of the Downs and within easy reach of Whiteladies Road, Clifton Village, the city centre and waterfront areas. Local shopping areas are available including Stoke Hill, Stoke Lane, North View, Henleaze Road and Westbury-on-Trym Village.
Ground Floor: vestibule, entrance hall, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, dining room, utility, cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite bathroom/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, shower room/wc.
Outside: integral garage and off street parking for 2/3 cars on the in and out driveway. Extensive sunny south facing terraced gardens to the rear which extend down the side of the Gorge; in total circa 0.47 acres (part of which is within a Site of Special Scientific Interest).
from the pavement pass across the driveway to the covered entrance and wooden front door which opens into:
inset floor mat, inner door opens into:
doors radiate off to the sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, downstairs wc and understairs storage cupboard. Stairs rise to first floor landing. Picture rail and beamed ceiling. Stripped wooden floorboards, radiator.
SITTING ROOM: (20' 5'' x 13' 9'') (6.22m x 4.19m)
large double glazed bay window with stunning views of the Avon Gorge. Side door leads onto sitting out terrace, and further side windows, fireplace with gas flame effect fire and period style surround with marble inset and hearth, arched recess with display shelving and two radiators. Ceiling downlighters.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (16' 0'' x 11' 5'') (4.87m x 3.48m)
newly fitted contemporary kitchen with composite worksurfaces and upstands and a good range of base and wall mounted units with 5 burner Siemens gas hob with glass splashback and Siemens extractor hood, built-in Siemens dishwasher and separate fridge and freezer, as well as Siemens electric oven and second Siemens electric combination oven/microwave. Central island unit with breakfast bar, ceiling downlights, radiator, stable style door leads to utility and sliding double glazed doors lead onto the sitting out terrace. The patio doors afford a most wonderful view of the Gorge from this room.
DINING ROOM: (16' 8'' max into bay x 13' 0'') (5.08m x 3.96m)
double glazed windows to front and side elevations, picture rail, two radiators.
UTILITY: (8' 9'' x 3' 0'') (2.66m x 0.91m)
plumbing for washing machine, tiled floor and radiator.
located under the stairs; low level wc with wooden seat and lid, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback, extractor fan.
LANDING: (9' 1'' x 7' 7'') (2.77m x 2.31m)
doors radiate to all rooms on this floor and to Airing Cupboard which has a radiator and houses the Worcester gas boiler and has a double glazed window to the side elevation (this cupboard is also accessed from bedroom 4). Ceiling loft hatch with drop down ladder (this loft could potentially be altered and converted to provide further habitable accommodation, subject to obtaining all necessary consents).
BEDROOM 1: (front) (15' 4'' to rear of built-in wardrobes x 13' 10'') (4.67m x 4.21m)
ceiling coving, built-in wardrobes, radiator, double glazed side windows and double glazed door and window open onto Balcony: (12'0 x 4'0) (3.66m x 1.22m) to the rear, all with far reaching views across the Avon Gorge. Arched glazed door opens into:-
En-Suite Bathroom/WC: (7' 7'' x 7' 0'') (2.31m x 2.13m)
white suite comprising low level wc, bidet, wash hand basin with built-in storage and drawer unit beneath, bath with centrally located taps and handheld shower attachment, all in extensive tiled surround and wall tiling, heated towel rail/radiator, double glazed obscured glass window to rear elevation.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (16' 7'' to rear of built-in wardrobes x 13' 0'' max) (5.05m x 3.96m)
picture rail, double glazed windows to front and side elevations, wash hand basin, radiator, built-in wardrobes.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (12' 4'' to rear of built-in wardrobes x 11' 4'') (3.76m x 3.45m)
double glazed windows to front elevation, radiator, wash hand basin set in vanity unit with cupboards beneath, built in wardrobes.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (11' 7'' x 11' 5'') (3.53m x 3.48m)
upvc double glazed windows to front and side elevation (with far reaching views of the Gorge), picture rail, radiator, cupboard (referred to earlier and also accessed from the landing).
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (7' 9'' x 5' 0'' min extending to 9'4 max) (2.36m x 1.52m/2.84m)
(originally a bathroom) newly fitted suite with Sottini wash hand basin with Hansgrohe mixer tap, Hansgrohe concealed system wc and Aqualisa electric shower unit in large tiled recess, fully tiled walls and floor, ceiling downlighters, heated towel rail, upvc double glazed windows to front elevation.
OFF STREET PARKING:
in and out driveway with off street parking for two to three vehicles in front of the property.
INTEGRAL GARAGE: (13' 5'' x 12' 0'') (4.09m x 3.65m)
sliding wooden large entrance door, power and light. High level gas meter.
the property together with all its gardens, grounds and woodland to the rear comprise in total approx. 0.47 acres laid out over a number of separate and individual terraces stepping down the side of the Gorge and including closer to the house a wonderful wisteria adorned and paved sitting out terrace with glazed and stainless steel surround - wonderful for al fresco dining, and a marvellous place to sit out and enjoy the wonderful vistas. Beyond there is a lawn and numerous retained borders, together with rockeries, further paved beds and a variety of flowering plants, shrubs, bushes and trees as well as a pond with water feature and steps down to further terraces with wonderful habitats with a plethora of bushes and trees as you descend down the Gorge - a veritable haven for wildlife. Access is provided to either side of the house from front to back and there is a low level storage cupboard for bikes, lawn mower, etc. underneath the raised deck. There is also a wooden shed. [Tracts of the Avon Gorge have been designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), and the lower section of this garden falls within the SSSI and is managed by English Nature. It is also falls into a Special Area of Conservation (SAC)].
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.