0117 946 6690
- A prominent and engaging late Victorian period semi-detached family house
- 6/7 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms
- Spacious accommodation (totalling in excess of 5,200 sq. ft.)
- South west facing rear garden
- Tandem off street parking for at least two vehicles.
PRICE GUIDE RANGE: £1,395,000 - £1,495,000
A prominent and engaging 6/7 bedroom, 3 reception late Victorian period semi-detached family house in a prime location with spacious accommodation (totalling in excess of 5,200 sq. ft.), with south west facing rear garden and tandem off street parking for at least two vehicles.
Excellent position only a few hundred metres from Whiteladies Road, convenient for the Downs and Clifton Down train station, easy access to the city centre, university and Park Street environs, main city hospitals. Within the AFP for Cotham School and within easy reach of an excellent selection of independent schools including Clifton College, Clifton High School, Bristol Grammar School and QEH.
Ground Floor: vestibule, entrance hall, cloakroom/wc, sitting room, large study, open plan family room & kitchen/breakfast room with a 29ft open plan through measurement, garden room and decked balcony.
Lower Ground Floor: inner hall, front room, rear room and utility/shower/separate wc, (some restricted head height).
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en suite bathroom/shower/wc and separate dressing room, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, family bathroom No. 1 and separate wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, family bathroom/wc No. 2, inner hall, bedroom 6 with en suite shower room/wc, bedroom 7 and utility room.
Outside: front garden, rear garden and off street parking driveway.
Only a moment's walking distance from so much, this conveniently located and impressive family home has plenty to offer and savour and retains many period features.
from the pavement pass up the pathway through the front garden to the solid wooden front door (with window above) which opens into:-
VESTIBULE: (6' 8'' x 4' 4'') (2.03m x 1.32m)
ceiling cornice, tessellated Terrazza marble floor and part glazed wooden door with stained glass upper pane opens into:
RECEPTION HALL: (24' 4'' x 9' 10'' + further area 9'10 x 4'4) (7.41m x 2.99m + 3.00m x 1.32m)
(max measurements include staircase) impressive reception hall with Terrazza marble flooring throughout, doors radiate to the sitting room, family room, study and cloakroom/wc and elegant staircase with original balustrade rises to first floor landing and door to staircase which descends to the lower ground floor. Ceiling mouldings, dado rail and two radiators.
CLOAKROOM/WC: (8' 2'' x 4' 6'') (2.49m x 1.37m)
Porcelanosa suite comprising low level wc with concealed Geberit cistern and wide designer wash hand basin, extensive marble tiled surround and tiled floor, upvc double glazed windows to side elevation, ceiling halogen downlighters, radiator and concealed storage cupboard.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (19' 5'' into bay x 14' 0'' into chimney recess) (5.91m x 4.26m)
ceiling cornice and picture rail, 4 sash bay window to front elevation, 3 radiators.
LARGE STUDY: (front) (16' 0'' x 10' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.87m x 3.05m)
ceiling cornice and picture rail, sash window to front elevation, dado rail and 2 radiators.
OPEN PLAN FAMILY ROOM & KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM:
(rear) with a through measurement of 29'4/8.94m but measured and described separately as follows:
Family Room: (18' 3'' into shallow bay x 16' 2'' into chimney recess) (5.56m x 4.92m)
ceiling cornice, dado rail, upvc double glazed windows to rear elevation, period style fireplace with marble surround and gas flame effect fire, 2 radiators, large wide opening into:-
Kitchen/Breakfast Room: (17' 2'' into chimney recess x 12' 10'') (5.23m x 3.91m)
extensive fitted kitchen with Corian work surface and upstands, large sink unit with drainer and swan neck tap tower, induction hob, 2 electric ovens, built in fridge and freezer, large central island with built in double layer dishwasher. Further drinks fridge, recycling drawer, Teppanjyaki hot plate, high powered remote control extractor fan as well as built in large Neff warming drawer, further reduced sized sink with Quooker boiling water tap, seating and breakfast bar area with under cupboard lighting, LED downlighters, recessed ceiling extractor and tall contemporary style radiator, window and opening into garden room.
GARDEN ROOM/CONSERVATORY: (15' 3'' x 11' 9'') (4.64m x 3.58m)
multi purpose reception room for entertaining or studying, tiled floor, 2 radiators, upvc double glazed door and windows to rear elevation, useful storage cupboards. Part of the garden room is built in a conservatory style and opens outside onto a decked balcony.
DECKED BALCONY: (15' 7'' x 12' 0'') (4.75m x 3.65m)
timber decking with wrought iron railings.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Undeveloped accommodation with a restricted average ceiling height of between 6'4 and 6'0/1.93m/1.83m.
INNER HALL: (27' 0'' x 10' 0'' inc. staircase + 17'10 x 4'2) (8.22m x 3.05m + 5.44m x 1.27m)
electric meters and fuses, workshop area with work bench, drawers and shelving, door leads to large walk in storage cupboard and further door leads to front room and archway leads onto further inner hall area with radiator and doors off to rear room and utility/shower room/wc and door to rear garden.
FRONT ROOM: (19' 3'' into bay x 11' 8'') (5.86m x 3.55m)
REAR ROOM: (17' 7'' x 12' 3'') (5.36m x 3.73m)
upvc window to rear elevation, 2 radiators.
UTILITY/SHOWER ROOM/SEPARATE WC: (overall including internal partitions 17' 10'' x 11' 7'') (5.43m x 3.53m)
useful laundry area with plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer, low level units, storage cupboards, Worcester boiler and megaflow tank (this services the entire property with the exception of the top floor which is serviced by a separate boiler in the top utility room), further storage cupboards and drawers, radiator, window to rear elevation and doors lead off to tiled shower room and also further utility room with 11/2 bowl sink unit, low level wc, plumbing for wash hand basin and radiator.
doors radiate off to the master bedroom suite, bedrooms 2 and 3 and also to the family bathroom and separate wc. Radiator. Staircase rises to second floor landing and benefits from ceiling sklylight.
BEDROOM 1: (18' 1'' x 16' 3'' into chimney recess) (5.51m x 4.95m)
ceiling cornice and dado rail, upvc double glazed windows to rear elevation, 2 radiators, part glazed door opens into:
En Suite Bathroom/Shower/WC: (12' 9'' max x 11' 3'') (3.88m x 3.43m)
luxurious bathroom suite comprising Duravit bath with centrally located and concealed inflow, 'his and her' wash hand basins, low level wc with Porcelanosa concealed Geberit cistern and bidet, Hans Grohe shower with drench rose, hand held shower attachment and wet room style floor and large shower screen, extensive marble tiled floor and walls, matching twin heated towel rails, ceiling cornice, LED downlighters, upvc double glazed window to rear elevation with half height Colonial style concertina shutters.
Dressing Room: (12' 2'' x 6' 6'') (3.71m x 1.98m)
ceiling cornice, dado rail, radiator, extensive range of wardrobes and storage cupboards.
BEDROOM 2: (16' 1'' x 15' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.90m x 4.59m)
ceiling cornice and dado rail, upvc double glazed window to front elevation, 2 radiators.
BEDROOM 3: (16' 0'' x 14' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.87m x 4.29m)
ceiling cornice and picture rail, upvc double glazed window to front elevation, fireplace with wooden surround, marble insert and gas flame effect fire, 2 radiators.
FAMILY BATHROOM No. 1: (10' 0'' x 6' 6'') (3.05m x 1.98m)
bath with shower over and tiled surround, pedestal wash hand basin, dado rail, upvc double glazed window to side elevation, plumbing for washing machine, radiator.
low level wc with small wash hand basin with cupboard beneath and marble splashback, upvc double glazed window to rear elevation and radiator.
doors radiate off to bedrooms 4, 5 and the family bathroom no. 2 and doorway leads into inner hall and further doors lead off that hall to bedrooms 6 and 7 and to the utility room.
BEDROOM 4: (18' 0'' x 16' 3'' into chimney recess) (5.48m x 4.95m)
dado rail, pretty period fireplace, double glazed windows to rear elevation and 2 radiators.
BEDROOM 5: (18' 1'' x 13' 0'' into chimney recess) (5.51m x 3.96m)
upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, 2 radiators, pretty period fireplace.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC No. 2: (9' 10'' x 6' 2'') (2.99m x 1.88m)
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, panelled bath with shower shield and shower over and tiled surround, upvc double glazed window to side elevation, radiator, heated towel rail, LED downlighters and extractor fan.
BEDROOM 6: (16' 1'' max x 14' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.90m x 4.29m)
upvc double glazed window to front elevation, pretty period fireplace, 2 radiators, dado rail and door leads to:
En Suite Shower Room/WC:
white suite comprising low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with tiled splashback, shower cubicle with tiled surround and mains fed shower, LED downlighters, extractor fan and heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 7: (12' 7'' x 7' 0'') (3.83m x 2.13m)
upvc double glazed window to front elevation, radiator and high level storage shelf.
UTILITY ROOM: (16' 0'' x 7' 11'' into chimney recess) (4.87m x 2.41m)
units with roll edged work surface and stainless steel sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, tiled splashback, plumbing for dishwasher, radiator, upvc double glazed window to front elevation, gas boiler (which services the top floor of the building).
mainly laid to lawn with flower borders and stone retaining wall.
REAR GARDEN: (circa 36' 0'' x 20' 0'') (10.96m x 6.09m)
mainly laid to lawn with stone and brick boundary walls with wooden steps up to raised sitting out area and access to the hall floor and further paved under deck area (24ft x 21ft) (7.32m x 6.40m). Side gate, outside tap and door leads to parking area.
OFF STREET PARKING: (36' 0'' x 16' 0'') (10.96m x 4.87m)
extensive hard standing parking area providing generous tandem parking for at least two vehicles.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.