0117 946 6690
- A handsome & large (over 3,000 sq. ft) Victorian semi-detached family house
- 6/7 bedrooms (1 with en-suite)
- 22'1 x 13'6 bay fronted sitting room
- Reception 3/dining room
- Sociable kitchen/dining/family room (24'6 x 17'10 max)
- Tasteful interior with generous room proportions
- A sunny and surprisingly private 45ft x 30ft south-westerly facing rear garden
- Driveway off street parking for two family sized cars
A handsome and large (over 3,000 sq. ft) 6/7 bedroom (1 with en-suite), 3 reception room Victorian semi-detached family home situated within just 400 metres of Redland Green School and offering tasteful interior with generous room proportions, a sunny and surprisingly private 45ft x 30ft south-westerly facing rear garden and off street parking for two cars.
Desirable location in the heart of Redland within just 400 metres of Redland Green School, whilst also being within easy reach of the independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road. Redland train station and bus connections to central areas are also nearby, as are the green open spaces of Redland Green Park and Cotham Gardens Park.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, with handy access through to the rear garden, leads through into a central reception hallway with beautiful original tessellated tiled floor, 22'1 x 13'6 bay fronted sitting room, wonderful sociable kitchen/dining/family room (24'6 x 17'10 max) with adjoining utility room and bi-folding doors accessing a sunny rear garden, reception 3/dining room, ground floor cloakroom/wc and understairs storage cupboard.
First Floor: landing, 3 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite) and stylish family bathroom with underfloor heating. Bedroom 4 and bedroom 5 are accessed off the mezzanine landings.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 6 and attic room (currently used for storage but could be renovated to create a further bedroom, if required).
Outside: to the front there is driveway off street parking for two family sized cars. To the rear there is a wonderful walled south-westerly facing rear garden attracting much of the day's sunshine, garden store and handy access through the entrance vestibule to the front of the property.
A fantastic sizeable family home located on a peaceful well regarded road in Redland.
via wide brick paved pathway leading beside the driveway where there is off street parking for two vehicles side by side. The pathway leads up the right hand side of the house up to the main front door to the property.
original tessellated tiled floor, door to rear providing handy access straight through to the rear garden, space for coats and shoes, part glazed double doors with stained glass panels beside and over leads through to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (23' 1'' x 7' 2'' max inclusive of staircase) (7.03m x 2.18m)
a wonderful welcoming central entrance hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and central rose, original tessellated tiled floor, dado rail, doors leading off to sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, family room and dining room, cast iron period style radiator, door accessing understairs storage cupboard, staircase rising to first floor landing.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (22' 1'' max into bay x 13' 6'') (6.73m x 4.11m)
a fabulous principal bay fronted reception room with high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, wide bay to front comprising three large sash windows, exposed stripped floorboards, period style radiators, cable tv and telephone points.
KITCHEN/DINING/FAMILY ROOM: (overall 24' 6'' max x 17' 11'' max/14'3 min) (7.46m x 5.46m/4.34m)
(rear) an impressive overall sociable kitchen/dining/living space spanning the width of the property with a stunning south westerly aspect.
Kitchen/Breakfast Area: (17' 11'' x 13' 5'') (5.46m x 4.09m)
a modern range of fitted kitchen units comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with quartz worktops over, two inset sinks with mixer tap and Quooker boiling hot water tap, integrated dishwasher, oven, microwave/combi oven, heated drawer and 5 ring gas hob over with glass splashback and contemporary extractor hood, plumbing and appliance space for American style fridge/freezer, floorstanding Worcester gas boiler, central island with built-in drawers to one side and bench seat providing seating for the dining table with built-in fridge beside. High ceilings with original ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, contemporary upright radiator, three bi-folding doors provide a seamless connection to the south-westerly facing rear garden, Karndean walnut effect flooring, partial wall divide with two steps leading down into:-
Family Room: (14' 3'' x 10' 6'') (4.34m x 3.20m)
arched chimney recess with built-in storage cupboards and shelving beside, Karndean walnut flooring, sash window to rear overlooking the rear garden, door connecting back into the reception hall, radiator, further door leading through into:-
UTILITY ROOM: (16' 3'' x 6' 3'') (4.95m x 1.90m)
a generous family sized utility space with built-in base and eye level gloss white units with roll edged laminated worktops over and inset 1 ½ bowl sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for fridge/freezer, washing machine and dryer, double glazed windows and part double glazed door to side accessing the rear garden, radiator, Karndean flooring, door accessing:-
CLOAKROOM/WC: (6' 3'' x 5' 7'') (1.90m x 1.70m)
low level wc with concealed cistern and push button flush, impressive marble bowl sink with conical stand and built-in taps over set into tiled splashbacks, tiled floor, period style towel rail/radiator, small double glazed window to side.
RECEPTION 3/DINING ROOM: (16' 11'' x 9' 5'' max into chimney recess) (5.15m x 2.87m)
a beautiful further reception room to the front of the property, currently used as a dining room, but equally would make a great study or kids playroom, high ceilings, original ceiling coving, picture rail and ceiling rose, large sash window to front, radiator, exposed stripped floorboards.
on ascending to the first floor there is a door off to bedroom 4 from the lower mezzanine half landing. Main landing with doors to bedrooms 1, 2 and 3, family bathroom and linen cupboard. Staircase leads up to the upper mezzanine half landing, where there is a door off to bedroom 5 and stairs continue up to the second floor landing. High ceilings with original ceiling coving, mains smoke detector, wall mounted control for underfloor heating in bathroom, radiator and dado rail.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (21' 0'' into bay x 13' 8'' into chimney recess) (6.40m x 4.16m)
an impressive bay fronted principal bedroom with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and picture rail, exposed stripped floorboards, wide bay to front comprising three sash windows, radiator and built-in wardrobes.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (13' 5'' x 11' 10'') (4.09m x 3.60m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, radiators, doors accessing:-
En Suite Shower Room/WC: (9' 10'' x 4' 9'') (2.99m x 1.45m)
white suite comprising oversized shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc and pedestal wash hand basin, tiled floor with underfloor heating, part tiled walls, chrome effect heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (16' 11'' x 9' 7'' into chimney recess) (5.15m x 2.92m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, radiator, large sash window to front.
BEDROOM 4: (14' 4'' x 10' 8'') (4.37m x 3.25m)
off lower mezzanine landing; a double bedroom with ceiling coving, radiator and sash window to rear overlooking rear garden.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (9' 3'' x 7' 3'') (2.82m x 2.21m)
an impressive modern family bathroom with white suite comprising a floorstanding Villeroy & Boch bathtub with wall mounted mixer taps and shower attachment, oversize shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, wall mounted wash basin with drawer beneath, low level wc with concealed cistern and push button flush, tiled floor with underfloor heating, tiled walls, inset spotlights, extractor fan, double glazed sliding sash style window to side.
BEDROOM 5: (14' 4'' x 10' 8'' into chimney recess) (4.37m x 3.25m)
off upper mezzanine landing; a double bedroom with sash window to rear, exposed stripped floorboards, two radiators, period cast iron fireplace with tiled hearth.
with doors off to bedroom 6 and attic room/potential bedroom 7.
BEDROOM 6: (15' 7'' into dormer window x 13' 5'' into recess) (4.75m x 4.09m)
a double bedroom with dormer to front comprising period sash window with wonderful rooftop views over neighbouring houses towards Bishopston and St Andrews, radiator, low level door accessing eaves storage space.
ATTIC ROOM/POTENTIAL BEDROOM 7: (14' 5'' x 12' 9'') (4.39m x 3.88m)
currently used as a storage room, but equally could be updated to a double bedroom/home office/kids playroom etc., low level door accessing loft storage space, further high level door accessing further loft storage space, door accessing a small en-suite shower room.
OFF STREET PARKING/FRONT GARDEN:
to the front of the property there is a hardstanding area providing ample space for two family sized cars. The property is also in the local parking permit scheme area and a permit is available from Bristol City Council for a modest annual fee. Beside the parking area there is a block paved pathway leading up to the main entrance to the house.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 45' 0'' x 30' 0'') (13.71m x 9.14m)
a fabulous south-westerly facing rear garden offering an incredible amount of sunshine and privacy for a central Bristol home. Landscaped to include a generous paved seating area with retractable awning over, gradual steps lead up to a level artificial grass section with well stocked flower borders and attractive period wall boundaries to the side, three silver birch trees to the rear give privacy from the properties behind, handy side access leads to the entrance vestibule, which in turn connects through to the front of the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. We understand that there is a perpetual yearly rentcharge of £8.10s.0d p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.