0117 946 6690
- A roomy and versatile 5/6 bedroom Victorian semi-detached home
- 4/5 reception rooms
- Good sized southerly facing rear garden
- Off street parking
- Exciting scope for cosmetic updating
- Lovely location on a popular road, close to the Downs.
An exceptionally roomy and versatile 5/6 bedroom, 4/5 reception room Victorian semi-detached home enjoying a 40ft x 32ft southerly facing rear garden and off street parking.
Fabulous location on a well-regarded road within just a short stroll of the shops, cafes, restaurants and weekly farmers market of Whiteladies Road/Blackboy Hill. Also nearby the green open spaces of Durdham Downs, St John's Primary School and within easy reach of Clifton Village and all central areas.
Ground Floor: generous L shaped entrance hallway, wonderful 17ft x 17ft bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/family room with French doors leading out onto a raised decked terrace overlooking the rear garden, reception 3/home office, boiler/boot room.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 with en suite and family bathroom/shower/wc.
Second Floor: 2 further double bedrooms (1 with en suite) and a shower room/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: versatile lower ground floor with independent side entrance giving great flexibility, kitchen/breakfast room with potential to knock through to dining room (if one requires and subject to any necessary consents), which in turn leads out onto the rear garden, reception 4/bedroom 6 and cloakroom/wc.
Outside: low maintenance front garden with off street parking for one vehicle and handy side entrance to the fabulous 40ft x 32ft level rear garden with a southerly orientation and attractive stone boundary walls.
A much loved family home in a prime Clifton location offering exciting scope for some gentle cosmetic updating in areas.
via the driveway providing off street parking for at least one car. The pathway continues from the driveway to the covered entrance and main front door to the property.
generous L shaped entrance hallway with high ceilings, ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, picture rail, period staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to the lower ground floor and doors off to the sitting room, reception 2/family room, reception 3/home office and a useful boiler/boot room. Security alarm.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 17' 5'' max into bay x 17' 3'' max into chimney recess (5.30m x 5.25m)
an elegant sitting room at the front of the property with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, an attractive period style cast iron fireplace with inset tiles and marble surround, wide bay to front comprising sash windows, wood flooring, radiators and picture rail.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (rear) 15' 5'' x 10' 7'' max into chimney recess (4.70m x 3.22m)
high ceilings, ceiling coving, radiator and fireplace, French doors to rear accessing a south easterly decked terrace overlooking the rear garden.
RECEPTION 3/HOME OFFICE: (rear) 15' 5'' x 9' 0'' (4.70m x 2.74m)
a generous study/reception room with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, original sash window to rear with working wooden shutters overlooking the rear garden. Radiator.
BOILER/BOOT ROOM: 15' 5'' x 5' 4'' max into chimney recess (4.70m x 1.62m)
a large floor standing boiler, sash window to rear and storage space for bicycles, coats, boots etc. Fire alarm control panel.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
There is expansive lower ground floor accommodation which is accessed via the main staircase coming down from entrance hall level or independently via a door to the side of the house giving great flexibility in terms of the use of accommodation.
LANDING: approx 22' 0'' x 6' 9'' inclusive of staircase (6.70m x 2.06m)
generous lower ground floor landing with doors leading off to the kitchen/breakfast room, dining room and further large reception room or bedroom. Wood flooring, radiator and further door accessing a cloakroom/wc.
RECEPTION 4/BEDROOM 6: 17' 4'' max into bay inc storage cupboard x 17' 2'' max into chimney recess (5.28m x 5.23m)
sash window to front, tiled flooring and door accessing a built in storage cupboard with shelving, radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 14' 8'' x 10' 10'' (4.47m x 3.30m)
a range of base and eye level kitchen units with granite worktops over, inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, appliance space for range cooker, fridge/freezer, washing machine, integrated dishwasher, breakfast bar area with eye level wall opening over providing a sociable connection with the dining room, radiator and window to rear.
DINING ROOM: 23' 3'' x 12' 5'' max into chimney recess (7.08m x 3.78m)
a generous dining room on the same level as the kitchen beside, which one may decide to open up to create a larger overall kitchen/dining space (subject to any necessary consents) with a bay window to rear comprising sash windows overlooking the rear garden, wood flooring, attractive period style cast iron fireplace, built in larder cupboard, radiator and part glazed door accessing the rear garden.
low level wc, sink, bidet, part tiled walls, radiator, tiled floor and window to side.
a spacious landing with staircase continuing up to the second floor landing and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/wc. Radiator.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 17' 5'' max into chimney recess x 14' 7'' (5.30m x 4.44m)
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, an attractive period cast iron fireplace, windows to front and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: 15' 7'' x 12' 6'' max into chimney recess (4.75m x 3.81m)
a large double bedroom with sash window to rear overlooking the rear garden, radiator and sliding mirrored door accessing recessed walk in wardrobe with built in hanging rail and open shelving.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 16' 0'' x 12' 9'' max inclusive of en suite (4.87m x 3.88m)
a double bedroom with sash window to rear, radiator and door accessing:
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
shower enclosure, low level wc, pedestal wash basin and extractor fan.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: 16' 8'' x 7' 7'' (5.08m x 2.31m)
a large family bathroom comprising free standing claw foot bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, corner shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, bidet, wash basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor, radiator/heated towel rail and obscured glazed sash window to front.
a skylight window providing natural light through the landing and stairwell, doors off to bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 4: (front) 14' 7'' x 14' 4'' max taken below sloped ceilings (4.44m x 4.37m)
double bedroom with 2 sash windows to front and a radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (rear) 16' 1'' max x 14' 5'' max including en suite (4.90m x 4.39m)
double bedroom with sash window to rear, radiator and door accessing:
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
shower enclosure, low level wc, pedestal wash basin.
shower enclosure, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor and sliding sash style window to rear.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF STREET PARKING:
there is a driveway to front providing off street parking for one car with a lawned section beside and pathway leading to the main front door, further pathway beside with steps down to the useful independent lower ground floor entrance and rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: approx 40' 0'' x 32' 0'' (12.18m x 9.75m)
a good sized garden for Clifton with a south easterly orientation enjoying much of the day's sunshine with attractive stone boundary walls, level lawned sections, flower borders containing various plants and shrubs, a decked terrace with ample space for outdoor seating and entertaining, a sunken courtyard closest to the property, outside tap and door entering into the dining room, handy side access with gated access through to the front and driveway.
the property falls within the Clifton East residents parking permit zone and a permit is available from the council at a modest annual fee.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.