Percival Road, Clifton
A handsome, generously proportioned and large, circa 3,290 sq. ft., 6 bedroom, 3 reception late Edwardian period (circa 1910) semi-detached family house of character with southerly facing rear town garden and off street parking space. A sought after neighbourhood in one of Clifton’s finest locations, convenient for the amenities of Clifton Village and with Christchurch Green, Clifton College and Clifton High School all within 500 metres. Easy access to the Downs and further afield to the city business and commercial districts, the waterfront and Whiteladies Road. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, sitting room/dining room, family room, breakfast room, kitchen, cloakroom/wc. First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite bath/shower room/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, family bathroom/wc. Second Floor: landing, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, bedroom 6, shower/wc/utility Outside: front garden, and rear town garden with southerly aspect and open sunny south-west facing side aspect and off street parking space. A well presented and fine home retaining a number of period features and with good room sizes and plenty of natural light throughout. Sold with no onward chain.
- Edwardian period family home
- 6 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms
- Spacious home 3,290 sq. ft.
- Southerly facing town garden
- Off street parking space
from the pavement find wooden gate with covered entrance and solid wooden front door which opens into:-
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: ((6' 4'' x 5' 0'') (1.93m x 1.52m))
inset floor mat, wooden parquet flooring, ceiling cornice, radiator with decorative cover, double glazed window to side elevation, high level gas meter, door opening into:-
RECEPTION HALL: ((17' 3'' x 9' 10'' inclusive of staircase) (5.25m x 2.99m))
ceiling cornice and period mouldings, wooden parquet flooring, doors radiate to a sitting room/dining room and to the family room, as well as to cloakroom/wc and two useful understairs cloaks/storage cupboards, staircase rises to first floor landing. Radiator behind decorative cover.
SITTING ROOM/DINING ROOM:
(front) originally designed as two separate rooms but currently benefits from a wide opening between the two areas creating a wonderfully open and sociable living space with a thro' measurement of 23'2/7.06m wide. The two areas are measured and described separately as follows:-
Sitting Room: ((20' 10'' into bay x 12' 10'' into chimney recess) (6.35m x 3.91m))
ceiling cornice and ceiling mouldings, dado rail, wide bay with casement windows and door which leads onto the front garden, minster style fireplace with gas flame effect fire, radiator with decorative cover, wide opening into:-
Dining Room: ((16' 4'' x 9' 11'' into chimney recess) (4.97m x 3.02m))
ceiling cornice and centre mouldings, radiator behind decorative cover, glazed door with side casement windows opens onto loggia and so to the front garden.
FAMILY ROOM: ((rear) (19' 2'' into bay x 17' 0'') (5.84m x 5.18m))
ceiling cornice and mouldings, dado rail, wide bay with casement windows and central doorway which opens onto the rear courtyard garden, fireplace with marble surround, cast iron insert and slate hearth, double doors open into:-
BREAKFAST ROOM: ((14' 8'' x 9' 9'' into chimney recess) (4.47m x 2.97m))
tiled floor, useful shelved understairs storage cupboard, radiator behind decorative cover, opening through to:-
KITCHEN: ((16' 4'' x 10' 1'') (4.97m x 3.07m))
good range of base and wall mounted units with black granite work surfaces and upstand. Space for range style cooker with extractor hood, built-in appliances include fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave oven, sink with drainer and further sink located in central island unit. Tiled floor, three large double glazed Velux skylights and further casement windows and glazed patio doors open onto the rear garden. Radiator and ceiling halogen downlighters.
low level wc with wooden seat and lid and concealed cistern and wash hand basin set in cabinet with storage cupboard, double glazed window to side elevation, radiator, tiled floor.
ceiling cornice, doors radiate to all rooms on this floor and staircase ascends to a mezzanine half landing and to bedroom 3, as well ascending from the first floor landing to the second floor landing via a mezzanine half landing and access to bedroom 6.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) (20' 3'' into bay x 12' 10'' into chimney recess) (6.17m x 3.91m))
ceiling cornice, picture rail, wide bay with wooden casement windows to front elevation, radiator with decorative cover, door leading to:-
En-Suite Bathroom/Shower/WC: ((16' 4'' x 10' 9'') (4.97m x 3.27m))
originally bedroom 7 and with further separate door access onto the landing) ceiling cornice and dado rail, casement windows to front elevation and door leads onto narrow covered balcony. White suite comprising low level wc with concealed cistern and wash hand basin all set in cabinet with useful storage cupboards and drawers, freestanding bath with centrally located tower tap, large shower unit with mains fed shower and tiled glazed surrounds, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) (17' 0'' into chimney recess x 14' 8'') (5.18m x 4.47m))
ceiling cornice and picture rail, radiator, wooden casement windows and glazed wooden door opens onto delightful covered balcony with wooden railing.
BEDROOM 3: ((14' 9'' x 10' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.49m x 3.05m))
(located off the lower mezzanine half landing) upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator, Vaillant gas boiler in built-in unit with further useful storage area and separate Airing Cupboard housing hot water tank and shelving for linen etc.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: ((9' 8'' x 7' 2'') (2.94m x 2.18m))
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, bath with shower screen and mains fed shower over, tiled walls, double glazed windows to side and front elevations, radiator.
doors radiate to all rooms on this floor and descend to mezzanine half landing and so access to bedroom 6. The staircase benefits from a large Velux double glazed ceiling skylight which provides plenty of natural light.
BEDROOM 4: ((20' 10'' into chimney recess x 13' 8'' into sloped ceiling) (6.35m x 4.16m))
(front) (sloped ceiling measurement is taken at a ceiling height of 3'10/1.17m) wooden casement windows to front elevation and ceiling skylight, pretty cast iron fireplace, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: ((15' 3'' x 10' 3'' with min 3'10/1.17m ceiling height) (4.64m x 3.12m))
upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator, loft hatch.
BEDROOM 6: ((14' 8'' x 10' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.47m x 3.07m))
(located off the lower mezzanine half landing) upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, radiator.
SHOWER/WC/UTILITY: ((9' 8'' x 6' 7'') (2.94m x 2.01m))
white suite comprising low level wc and pedestal wash hand basin, shower cubicle with mains fed shower. Tiled floor and tiled walls throughout, radiator, Velux ceiling skylight, plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer.
OFF STREET PARKING SPACE:
located within a section of the rear garden (see below) and accessed from Norland Road via large wooden gates. Block pavior parking space which could double as sitting out patio. There are no double yellow lines in front of these gates.
FRONT GARDEN: ((circa 28' 0'' x 21' 0'') (8.53m x 6.40m))
landscaped garden with a plethora of flowering plants, shrubs and bushes with fenced and brick boundaries and sitting out loggia.
split level rear garden, measured and described separately as follows:-
Lower Courtyard: ((15' 5'' x 12' 4'') (4.70m x 3.76m))
timber decked garden with pebble edging and raised narrow bed with prolific passion flower attesting to its open and sunny south-west facing side aspect. Six steps lead up to:-
Upper Courtyard Garden: ((28' 0'' x 16' 0'' including off street parking space) (8.53m x 4.87m))
block pavior area which could double up as either garden area or parking space with further astro turf covering and borders containing a number of climbers, shrubs and flowering plants. A lovely southerly facing sun trap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.