0117 946 6690
- A characterful and bright Victorian family home.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 reception rooms.
- Abundant period features including high ceilings, ornate moulded plasterwork and period fireplaces.
- Fully restored Bath stone front elevation.
- Small easy maintenance front courtyard.
- Easy maintenance 32ft rear garden.
- Useful cellar space with obvious potential for development subject to consents.
A characterful and bright, 3 bedroom, 2 reception room, Victorian family home situated on the well regarded Etloe Road within just 200 metres of Westbury Park School and Durdham Downs, further benefitting from a charming rear garden.
A wonderful location - situated on a sought after road within close proximity of the Durdham Downs and the local shops of North View, Waitrose Supermarket, the Orpheus Cinema and the recently refurbished Westbury Inn. Within just a few hundred metres of Westbury Park School and 900m from Redland Green School, this attractive period property is certainly well-located for families or perhaps those wishing to downsize.
The house enjoys the benefit of having an abundance of period features including high ceilings, ornate moulded plasterwork and period fireplaces.
Fully restored Bath stone front elevation including bay window blending seamlessly with sash appearance double glazed windows.
Useful cellar space with potential to convert into additional accommodation or self-contained apartment subject to obtaining the relevant consents.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, bay fronted sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room.
First Floor: split level landing, 3 bedrooms, family bath/shower room, separate wc.
Cellar: hallway (from front to back), four useful cellar rooms.
Outside: small easy maintenance front courtyard, easy maintenance 32ft rear garden
To be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
An attractive and engaging family home, perfectly liveable but with scope for further enhancement.
from the pavement, there is a brick wall with pillars and pedestrian wrought iron gate opening onto a pathway which leads alongside the front garden to the front entrance. Solid wooden door with obscure glazed panels and an open-fronted porch, opening to:-
tiled flooring, moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, obscure glazed fanlight to front, ornate ceiling rose, light point. Part stained glass wooden door with overlight, opening to:-
some 19ft/5.79m in length with elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, ornate central ceiling arch, simple moulded cornicing, two ornate ceiling roses, concealed radiator, two understairs storage cupboards. Four panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: (16' 10'' x 14' 4'' max into bay) (5.13m x 4.37m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising three tall sash appearance double glazed windows, central period fireplace with coal effect gas fire, cast iron surround, marble hearth and an ornately carved Carrera marble mantelpiece, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, concealed radiator, ceiling light point.
DINING ROOM: (14' 0'' x 12' 3'') (4.26m x 3.73m)
tall sash appearance double glazed window to the rear elevation, central period fireplace with cast iron surround, marble hearth and ornately carved marble mantelpiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted bookshelving and cabinets), wood effect flooring, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, radiator, ceiling light point.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (22' 5'' x 8' 9'') (6.83m x 2.66m)
loosely divided as follows:-
Kitchen: (8' 9'' x 8' 6'') (2.66m x 2.59m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of panelled base and eye level units comprising drawers and cabinets, roll edged wood effect worktop surfaces, splashback tiling, 1½ bowl sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over, integral electric oven, integral 4 ring gas hob, integral pull out extractor hood, integral dishwasher, picture window overlooking the rear garden, wood effect flooring, coved ceiling, ceiling light point. Door to utility. Wide archway through to:-
Breakfast Room: (12' 5'' x 8' 5'') (3.78m x 2.56m)
tall sash appearance window to the side elevation, moulded skirtings, coved ceiling, radiator, ceiling light point, Airing Cupboard housing Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler.
UTILITY: (8' 10'' x 3' 11'') (2.69m x 1.19m)
roll edged wooden worktop, space and plumbing for washer/dryer, space for fridge and freezer, space for wine cooler, wood effect flooring, double glazed window to side elevation, ceiling light point. Door opening externally with steps down to the rear garden.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
some 16ft/4.88m in length and part galleried over the stairwell with plenty of natural light via Velux skylight window, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, wall light point, ceiling light point. Four panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (15' 7'' x 12' 2'') (4.75m x 3.71m)
two tall double glazed sash appearance windows to the front elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point, built-in wardrobe with hanging rail.
BEDROOM 2: (12' 5'' x 12' 3'') (3.78m x 3.73m)
tall sash appearance double glazed window to the rear elevation, ornately carved mantelpiece with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, wood effect flooring, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (8' 0'' x 6' 2'') (2.44m x 1.88m)
double glazed sash appearance window to the front elevation, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM: (9' 0'' x 8' 5'') (2.74m x 2.56m)
roll top bath on ball and claw feet with mixer tap and telephone style shower attachment, shower cubicle with low level shower tray plus overhead circular shower and handheld shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, low level dual flush wc, wood effect flooring, majority tiled to dado height, obscure double glazed window to the rear elevation, heated towel rail/radiator, coved ceiling, ceiling light point.
low level dual flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, fully tiled walls to dado rail, wood effect flooring, coved ceiling, ceiling light point
Having restricted head height of 5'8/1.73m
some 29ft/8.84m in length and accessed via both the front and rear gardens. Doors to:-
CELLAR ROOMS: (overall measurement 30' 8'' x 14' 8'') (9.34m x 4.47m)
described separately as follows:-
CELLAR ROOM 1: (14' 7'' x 13' 7'') (4.44m x 4.14m)
window to the rear elevation, light and power connected, steps up to understairs storage cupboard (presently boarded over). Open walkway to:-
CELLAR ROOM 2: (15' 10'' x 9' 5'') (4.82m x 2.87m)
bay window to front with three small windows, light and power connected, door returning to hall.
STORE: (12' 4'' x 6' 8'') (3.76m x 2.03m)
STORE: (8' 9'' x 7' 7'') (2.66m x 2.31m)
window to rear.
FRONT GARDEN: (18' 6'' x 14' 4'') (5.63m x 4.37m)
enjoying a pleasant outlook towards the Bath stone row of houses on Royal Albert Road, path to front door and second pathway with steps and door to lower ground floor hall, stone chipped borders.
REAR GARDEN: (32' 0'' x 17' 0'' plus 21'0 x 9'0) (9.75m x 5.18m plus 6.40m x 2.74m)
enclosed on three sides and designed for ease of maintenance with stone chippings, patio area, seating area, ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold with an annual rent charge of £4 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.