0117 946 6690
- A once in a lifetime opportunity, perfectly positioned in arguably Clifton's most coveted road.
- A uniquely impressive & very special 6 bedroom, 3 reception detached family residence.
- Stands in a generous 'green' plot circa 0.28 acres with lovely mature south west facing rear gardens and ample parking.
- Prime location with easy proximity to Clifton Village, the Suspension Bridge & the beautiful Downs, all within 1/3 mile/500m.
- Spacious (c.3500 sq ft), light & airy accommodation over just two floors with generous fenestration.
- Marvellous 29ft x 29ft open plan kitchen/dining/family living space plus 3 further receptions rooms.
- Well built originally & enhanced with well judged later additions.
- Wonderful just as it is yet also offers exciting potential if desired and easy flexibility eg scope for a 'granny' annexe.
- A warm and welcoming home and an oasis of peace and privacy in a road where houses very rarely come to the market.
A once in a lifetime opportunity, perfectly positioned in arguably Clifton's most coveted road. A uniquely impressive and very special 6 bedroom, 3 reception detached family residence standing in a generous 'green' plot (circa 0.28 acres) with lovely mature secluded south west facing rear gardens and ample parking. A warm and welcoming home and an oasis of peace and privacy, wonderful just as it is yet also offers easy flexibility (eg scope for a 'granny' annexe) and further exciting potential if desired.
Houses come to the market so rarely in this absolutely prime location with easy proximity just around the corner and across Christchurch Green to the heart of Clifton Village and the Suspension Bridge or, in the other direction, to the wide open spaces of the Downs all of which are within 1/3 of a mile/500 metres.
Spacious (circa 3,500 sq. ft.), light and airy accommodation over just two floors with generous fenestration throughout and gas radiator and some underfloor central heating. Well built originally and enhanced with nicely judged later additions including a remarkably generous 29ft x 29ft open plan kitchen/dining/family living space & a second staircase and entrance door/hallway with additional bedrooms above.
Ground Floor: porch entrance, main reception hall, cloaks/wc, 3 separate reception rooms (sitting room, formal dining room, snug/garden room with store-room/wine cellar off), 29ft x 29ft open plan family kitchen/dining/living space, utility room, second entrance hall.
First Floor: galleried landing, master bedroom 1 with en-suite bathroom/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, bedroom 6/study, bath & shower room/wc no 1, bath & shower room/wc no 2.
Outside: enclosed and partly lawned walled front garden with gated driveway parking, beautiful rear garden with sitting out terraces/patios, lawns and profusely stocked borders and foliage clad boundaries.
from Camp Road via brick pillars and double gates to front driveway/courtyard area.
ENCLOSED PORCH ENTRANCE: (front) irregular shaped very approx dimensions 6' 0'' x 5' 0'' (1.83m x 1.52m)
light oak' flooring, low level storage cupboards.
MAIN RECEPTION HALL: 28' 7'' max into snug door x 7' 8''/3'0" min (8.71m x 2.34m/0.91m)
(front) (overall max dimensions inc staircase) 'light oak' flooring, meter cupboard with trip switches/fuse box, storage cupboard understairs, dado rail including rising main staircase to first floor with handrail and balustrade.
CLOAKROOM & SEPARATE WC:
(front) Cloakroom: classic style white handbasin with cupboard below and tiled splashback, coat hooks. Separate WC: white low level wc suite, bookshelves, small storage cupboard.
SITTING ROOM/RECEPTION ROOM 1: (rear) 22' 11'' x 14' 11'' (6.98m x 4.54m)
handsome stone fireplace surround and hearth with underdraught grate, double doors opening out to rear terrace and garden.
FORMAL DINING ROOM/RECEPTION ROOM 2: 14' 11'' x 13' 7'' (4.54m x 4.14m)
SNUG/GARDEN ROOM/RECEPTION ROOM 3: approx 17' 0''/14'0 min depth x 12' 7''/9'6 min width (5.18/4.27m x 3.83m/2.90m)
(rear) (irregular shaped) fireplace with underdraught grate, double doors out to rear terrace and garden, door off to Wine Cellar/Storage Room: in two sections, storage shelves.
OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING ROOM: (front/rear/side) overall max thro' dimensions 29' 4'' x 29' 2'' (8.93m x 8.88m)
triple aspect fenestration with quadruple double doors out to gardens, tiled floor throughout (the major part with underfloor heating).
Kitchen & Dining Area:
double oven gas Aga cooker with twin hot plates, adjacent marble worksurface, separate 4 ring gas hob with cupboards below, single drainer double bowl sink unit with hardwood worksurfaces and cupboards under, plumbing for dishwasher, dresser base with marble worksurface and drawers/cupboards under.
Family/Living Room Area:
chimney breast and recess with inset woodburner stove.
UTILITY ROOM: (front) 8' 11'' x 14' 6'' (2.72m x 4.42m)
plumbing for washing machine, vent for tumble dryer, space for freezer etc., 'oak' effect flooring, gas combi boiler with timeclock/programmer providing central heating to radiators and hot water to the South Wing of the house.
SECOND ENTRANCE HALL: (front/side) 10' 9'' x 9' 8'' (3.27m x 2.94m)
outside entrance door, second staircase with handrail and balustrade rises to first floor, tiled floor, storage understairs, trip switches, gas combi boiler providing central heating to radiators and hot water to the North Wing of the house.
GALLERY STYLE MAIN LANDING & PASSAGEWAY AREA: (front) 14' 0'' x 8' 1'' & 11'3" x 3'0" (4.26m x 2.46m & 3.43m x 0.91m)
(overall min dimensions including stairwell) handrail and balustrade, picture windows with views across the garden and local neighbourhood gardens extending to distant views of the Cotswolds, linen cupboard with shelving and radiator, access hatch to roof space.
MASTER BEDROOM 1 with EN SUITE DRESSING AREA & BATHROOM/WC: (front to rear) overall inclusive max dimensions 24' 6'' x 14' 11'' (7.46m x 4.54m)
Bedroom 1: (rear) 14' 11'' x 12' 8'' (4.54m x 3.86m)
range of built in wardrobes with storage cupboards over.
Bathroom/wc & Dressing Arear
(front) grey suite, hand basin with mirror behind, low level wc, sunken bath in tiled surrounds with mixer tap, electric heated towel rail, built in double wardrobe with cupboards over, Airing Cupboard with shelving and lagged hot water cylinder with electric immersion heater providing hot water to this bathroom only.
BEDROOM 2: (front to rear) 19' 0'' x 10' 2'' (5.79m x 3.10m)
vanity unit with hand basin and tiled splashback with strip light over and cupboards under, built in double wardrobe with cupboards over and adjacent shelving, access hatch to roof space.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 12' 6'' x 16' 0'' (3.81m x 4.87m)
built in double wardrobe and adjacent shelving, vanity unit with hand basin and cupboard under, strip light and mirror above plus storage cupboard and hanging rail, storage void over passageway.
BEDROOM 4: (rear/side) 16' 9'' x 8' 11'' (5.10m x 2.72m)
engineered oak flooring, dual aspect windows, built in mirror fronted double wardrobe.
BEDROOM 5: (rear/side) 16' 9'' x 8' 11'' (5.10m x 2.72m)
engineered oak flooring, dual aspect windows, hand basin, built in double wardrobe.
BEDROOM 6/STUDY: (rear) 15' 0'' x 8' 9'' (4.57m x 2.66m)
extensive workbench/desking, high level storage cupboards and recess, exposed floorboards.
FAMILY BATH & SHOWER ROOM/WC NO. 1: (front) 9' 9'' x 8' 9'' (2.97m x 2.66m)
contemporary classic style white suite, panelled bath with tiled surrounds and mixer tap with handheld shower attachment, extra large fully tiled shower enclosure with system fed unit and flexible hose and shower head with wall bracket, vanity unit with hand basin, cupboard under and strip light over, low level wc, electric heated towel rail.
FAMIL BATH & SHOWER ROOM/WC: No. 2: (front) overall max dimensions 8' 10'' x 8' 2'' (2.69m x 2.49m)
pink ceramic suite, sunken bath in tiled surrounds with mixer tap and separate flexible hose and shower head over bath with wall bracket, low level wc, hand basin with tiled splashback and mirror behind, electric heated towel rail.
gallery style landing No. 2 & PASSAGEWAY: (front/side) overall dimensions inc stairwell 10' 4'' x 8' 2'' (3.15m x 2.49m)
handrail and balustrade over stairwell, double glazed dual aspect fenestration including a feature 'triple height range' contemporary style oriel window to front elevation.
off street gated driveway parking for several vehicles on the forecourt hardstanding area within the walled front garden.
overall plot size circa 0.28 acres with a sunny south west facing aspect at the rear and all mature, established and variously well stocked throughout with a profusion of flowering plants, shrubs, bushes, ornamental and specimen trees and screening boundary foliage.
external lawned and bordered frontage strip - please note this frontage strip lies outside the front garden wall of Camp House, thus directly abuts Camp Road and is within the ownership of Camp House. The main part of the front garden is screened and enclosed by high walls with double entrance gates on brick pillars and has an attractive lawned and bordered area with driveway hardstanding for several vehicles and side access through to the rear garden.
All along the back of the house and perfect for sitting out, dining alfresco or pot plants there are paved terraces with wide interconnecting pathways and gentle steps all directly accessed from the numerous double doors in the ground floor rooms that open out to them. These tranquil places of rest, relaxation and entertaining are delightfully interspersed and give on to the extensive lawned and bordered areas and paths that then extend away into the further depths and arbours of the garden beyond. Walled and/or foliaged boundaries enclose and screen it all providing peace and privacy. The delights of this particular garden will only be appreciated by personal inspection. Lean-to log store to the south side of the house.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.