0117 946 6690
- A stylish and individual Victorian period home
- 4 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite)
- 3 reception rooms
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Versatile and roomy (over 1,600 sq. ft) accommodation
- 30ft x 13ft landscaped rear garden
- An engaging tastefully updated character property
A stylish and individual 4 double bedroom (1 with en-suite) Victorian period home situated in the heart of Redland and enjoying a 30ft x 13ft landscaped rear garden.
Versatile and roomy (over 1,600 sq. ft) accommodation giving the property great flexibility and space to grow into.
Enjoyed and cared for by the current owners who have carried out various improvements including double glazed sash windows through the majority of the property.
Highly convenient location in Redland within a short stroll of the independent cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road. Cotham Hill, Whiteladies Road are all also within easy reach, as are the local Cotham Gardens and Redland Green parks and Redland train station.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, sitting room, reception room 2/dining room.
Lower Ground Floor: landing, reception 3/utility, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, main bathroom/wc.
Outside: 30ft x 13ft landscaped rear garden
An engaging tastefully updated character property in a central and handy location.
via two steps up from pavement level to the main front door which leads through into:-
a welcoming central entrance hall with staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to the lower ground floor, high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, radiator with decorative cover, exposed painted floorboards, doors leading off to sitting room to the rear and reception 2 to the front.
SITTING ROOM: (16' 3'' into chimney recess x 10' 10'') (4.95m x 3.30m)
a lovely elegant sitting room with wonderful high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and large double glazed sash window overlooking the rear garden, feature fireplace with log burning stove, period surround and slate hearth, radiator, exposed painted floorboards, door accessing generous recessed storage cupboard.
RECEPTION 2: (front) (13' 0'' max x 11' 8'' into chimney recess) (3.96m x 3.55m)
high ceilings with original cornicing and ceiling rose, an attractive period style fireplace, exposed painted floorboards, two sash windows to front, radiator, door accessing recessed storage cupboard.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
doors accessing kitchen/breakfast room, reception 3/dining room (currently used as a utility room/walk-in larder) and further door accessing downstairs cloakroom/wc.
RECEPTION 3/UTIILTY: (14' 1'' x 10' 9'' max into chimney recess) (4.29m x 3.27m)
high level glazed panel to front providing some natural light, meter cupboards housing meters and fusebox for electrics, radiator, wood laminated flooring, door accessing useful recessed utility cupboard (housing plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and built-in shelving).
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (12' 0'' x 11' 5'') (3.65m x 3.48m)
a smart modern kitchen comprising base level cupboards and drawers with worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, appliance space for range cooker with built-in chimney hood over, further appliance space for dishwasher and fridge, corner cupboard housing Baxi gas boiler. Tiled flooring, double glazed window to rear and part glazed door to rear accessing rear garden.
low level wc, wash hand basin, radiator.
a spacious landing with sash window to front providing plenty of natural light to the landing and stairwell, staircase rises to second floor. Doors off to bedroom 1 to the rear and bedroom 2 to the front.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (14' 10'' into chimney recess x 11' 0'') (4.52m x 3.35m)
a generous double bedroom with high ceilings, original ceiling coving, an attractive period cast iron fireplace with inset tiles and slate hearth, radiator with decorative cover, double glazed timber framed sash window to rear overlooking rear and neighbouring gardens, door accessing:-
En Suite Shower Room/WC:
a smart and well appointed en-suite shower room comprising shower enclosure with folding glass door, low level wc, wash hand basin with storage cupboard beneath, tiled walls, tiled floor, inset spotlights, extractor fan and chrome effect heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (12' 10'' x 11' 7'' into chimney recess) (3.91m x 3.53m)
two double glazed sash windows to front offering a pleasant outlook down Alexandra Park and up towards Cotham, high ceilings with original ceiling coving, radiator, telephone point.
a spacious landing with sash window to front providing plenty of natural light, doors lead off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and main bath/shower room/wc. Loft hatch with pull down ladder provides access out onto the roof.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (12' 5'' x 11' 7'') (3.78m x 3.53m)
double bedroom with two double glazed sash windows to front offering lovely rooftop views over surrounding houses up towards Cotham, radiator, door accessing walk-in wardrobe with built-in hanging rail.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (11' 8'' x 9' 10'' into chimney recess) (3.55m x 2.99m)
double bedroom with double glazed sash window to rear, radiator, loft hatch.
white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, separate shower enclosure, part tiled walls, tiled floor, heated towel rail, double glazed sash windows to rear.
REAR GARDEN: (30' 0'' inclusive of garden shed x 13' 0'') (9.14m x 3.96m)
tastefully landscaped by the current owners with a paved seating area closest to the property and steps up to an artificial lawned section with attractive stone boundary walls and garden shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. We understand that there is a perpetual yearly rent charge of £4.0s.0d. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.