0117 946 6690
- A charming & gracious Georgian townhouse
- Extensive accommodation (circa 4,000 sq. ft in total)
- Grade II listed (circa 1794)- many period features
- 5 bed , 3 Recep [flexible]
- Generous and much loved garden
A charming and gracious grade II listed Georgian townhouse (circa 1794) with numerous attractive period features and a surprisingly large garden.
Extensive family sized accommodation (circa 4,000 sq. ft. in total) offering flexibility of room use - 5 bed, 3 reception but highly interchangeable.
The subject of much improvement by the current owners and with a top floor which can provide for a self-contained living unit for independent teenager, dependant relative, au pair, working from home, or for valuable income stream such as lodger/AirBnB.
Set in this historic quarter overlooking the green and open space of Brandon Hill and exceptionally conveniently located for all of the amenities located on Park Street, The Triangle, Whiteladies Road and the city centre. Colston Hall, St George's Concert Hall, The Hippodrome and the Harbourside are all within easy walking distance.
Despite its central location the property is tucked away on a little known about backwater overlooking the green, with little passing traffic.
Ground Floor: vestibule, entrance hall, kitchen/dining/living room, scullery, sitting room.
Lower Ground Floor: inner hall, cloakroom/wc, consulting room/reception room, laundry/utility room.
Cellars: large vaulted cellar (circa 32ft x 15ft).
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1/drawing room, bedroom 2/study, bathroom/wc no. 1.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, Jack and Jill shower room/wc.
Third Floor: landing, bedroom 5, kitchen/breakfast room/bedroom 6, bathroom/wc no. 2.
Outside: generous and much loved rear garden.
Located within the Central Parking Zone.
Boasting many delightful features this is a hidden period gem
from the pavement, the solid wooden panelled front door with side glass panes, opens into:-
large inset floormat, dado rail, downlighters, part glazed wooden door opens into the entrance hall and further door provides access to a staircase and so to the lower ground floor.
stripped wooden floorboards, cast iron radiator, ceiling cornice, doors radiate to the kitchen/dining/living room and also to the sitting room. Fine period staircase with wooden handrail and dado rail rises to first floor landing via mezzanine half landing with sash window which provides plenty of light to the stairwell and entrance hall.
KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING ROOM: (19' 6'' into bow window x 17' 10'' into chimney recess) (5.94m x 5.43m)
(with open thro' measurement of 38'8/11.78 m from the bow window to the far side of the sitting room) ceiling cornice, beautiful three sash bow window to rear elevation with city views across rooftops to hills in the far distance, stripped wooden floorboards. Period fireplace with marble surround, cast iron insert and marble hearth. Open archway through to the sitting room. Two cast iron radiators, base and wall mounted kitchen units with wooden butchers block style worksurfaces and matching island unit. Neff induction hob with extractor hood, Zanussi electric oven and Smeg built-in microwave, built-in tall fridge with freezer box, circular sink bowl with mixer tap. Door opens to:-
SCULLERY: (9' 4'' x 4' 3'') (2.84m x 1.29m)
wall and base mounted units with wooden butchers block worksurface and tiled splashbacks, sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, painted floorboards, sash window to rear elevation, radiator, Viessmann gas boiler (serves all but top floor).
SITTING ROOM: (17' 0'' x 10' 5'' into chimney recess) (5.18m x 3.17m)
ceiling cornice, built-in storage unit with bookcase shelving above, period fireplace with marble surround & hearth and cast iron insert, stripped wooden floorboards, sash window to front elevation with working shutters overlooking Brandon Hill, two cast iron radiators, door back into the entrance hall and large archway opens into kitchen/living/dining room.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
accessed from the entrance vestibule via staircase. Flagstone floor, doors radiate to consulting room, utility/laundry and to rear hall and so to the wc and access to the rear terrace and so to the garden.
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, high level window and tiled floor.
CONSULTING ROOM/RECEPTION ROOM: (19' 7'' into bow window x 14' 0'') (5.96m x 4.26m)
three sash bow window overlooking the rear terrace and rear garden, period style fireplace with gas fire, two radiators, door opens into recessed large butler's pantry with extensive shelving.
LAUNDRY/UTILITY ROOM: (16' 9'' to chimney breast x 12' 1'') (5.10m x 3.68m)
range of wall mounted cupboards with butchers block style worksurface and tiled splashback, double Belfast style sink with mixer tap, period dresser with wooden worksurface, storage shelving and cupboards & drawers beneath. Recess accommodates space for fridge/freezers etc, plumbing for washing machine, cupboard housing electricity fuses and further large recessed storage cupboard. Door provides access to Vaulted Storage Area and stone staircases descends to Cellar Rooms.
Large vaulted cellar measuring 32ft x 15ft (9.75m x 4.57m) and divided into three separate areas by brick partition walls. Flagstone floors throughout with power and light - a very useful storage area - particularly for wine. Part glazed wooden internal doors open into the rear of the conservatory.
doors radiate to bedroom 1/drawing room and bedroom 2/study and so to bathroom/wc no. 1. Period staircase rises to the second floor landing via mezzanine half landing with further window.
BEDROOM 1/DRAWING ROOM: (20' 4'' into bow window x 17' 10'' into chimney recess) (6.19m x 5.43m)
beautiful bow window with three sash windows and far reaching city views, ceiling cornice, impressive period fireplace with white marble surround, cast iron insert and marble hearth, stripped wooden floorboards, cast iron radiators.
BEDROOM 2/STUDY: (10' 6'' into chimney recess x 8' 9'') (3.20m x 2.66m)
period fireplace with marble surround and hearth and cast iron insert, sash window to front elevation with views over Brandon Hill and working shutters, stripped wooden floorboards and cast iron radiator.
BATHROOM/WC No. 1: (7' 9'' x 6' 7'') (2.36m x 2.01m)
white suite comprising cantilever wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap with concealed pipework, bath with concealed pipework and shower over with drench rose, shower shield with tiled surround, high level porthole style windows, travertine tiled floor, heated towel rail.
doors radiate to bedrooms 3 and 4. Low level door to understairs storage cupboard. Staircase with period balustrade rises to third floor landing.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (18' 0'' into chimney recess x 14' 9'') (5.48m x 4.49m)
period fireplace, two recessed sash windows with working shutters, two radiators, stripped wooden floorboards. Jack and Jill entrance to shower room/wc (shared with bedroom 4)
BEDROOM 4: (12' 3'' x 10' 6'') (3.73m x 3.20m)
period fireplace with cast iron insert, recessed sash window to front elevation with working shutters, stripped wooden floorboards, radiator, door to:-
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (9' 11'' x 4' 7'') (3.02m x 1.40m)
with Jack and Jill door providing access to both bedrooms 3 & 4, this en-suite shower room has the following: cantilever wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash hand basin with concealed pipework, large shower unit with extensive wall tiling, concealed pipework and drench rose, tiled floor, heated towel rail and built-in medicine cabinet.
doors radiate to all rooms on this floor. High level fuse board and small loft hatch.
BEDROOM 5: (front) (14' 8'' x 11' 2'') (4.47m x 3.40m)
(measurements taken into sloping ceiling at minimum 5ft/1.52m ceiling height) casement window to front elevation overlooking Brandon Hill, ceiling skylight, loft hatch, stripped wooden floorboards, radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM No. 2/BEDROOM 6: (10' 2'' x 9' 3'') (3.10m x 2.82m)
(measurements taken into sloping ceiling at minimum 5ft/1.52m ceiling height) currently arranged as a second kitchen with base and wall mounted units with butchers block style work surfaces, built-in electric oven and induction hob, built-in fridge, period fireplace, Worcester gas boiler, space for table, halogen downlighters, high level window with far reaching views across the city to hills in the distance.
BATHROOM/WC No. 2: (8' 4'' x 6' 2'') (2.54m x 1.88m)
white suite comprising cantilevered wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash hand basin, panelled bath with shower over with concealed pipework and shower shield, extensive wall tiling, heated towel rail, door providing access to eaves storage area.
the property is located in the Central Parking Zone - owners can apply to purchase a parking permit for £50 a year (subject to availability).
REAR GARDEN: (circa 60' 0'' x 18' 4'' plus 20'0 x 20'0) (18.27m x 5.58m + 6.10m x 6.10m)
large open L shaped rear garden; delightful town garden surrounded by impressive stone boundary walls mainly laid to lawn with deep beds containing a plethora of flowering plants, shrubs, bushes & fruit trees and a thriving vegetable patch. In addition and accessed from the lower ground floor is a raised terrace (13ft x 7ft) (3.96m x 2.13m) with flagstone paving and wrought iron railings and at cellar level accessed off the garden is a wooden built conservatory.
CONSERVATORY: (15' 5'' x 9' 9'') (4.70m x 2.97m)
glazed conservatory with flagstone floor, excellent for sitting out, or for pot plants and the like. Two useful vaulted recesses.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property Freehold. There is a perpetual yearly rent charge of £10.50. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.