0117 946 6690
- Offering over 4,000 sq. ft. of accommodation
- Edwardian period semi-detached family house
- 6/7 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 3 bath/shower rooms
- 28ft x 13ft kitchen/dining room
- South east facing garden
- Front driveway parking
- Detached double garage
- Within 650 metres of Redland Green School
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,250,000 - £1,350,000
Offering over 4,000 sq. ft. of accommodation and in an ideal location near the Downs and within 650 metres of Redland Green School is this very large and well-maintained 6/7 bedroom, 3 reception Edwardian period semi-detached family house with south east facing garden, front driveway parking and detached double garage to the rear.
The accommodation is particularly generous with an impressive hall and large principal rooms retaining much of the original character detail. The sellers embarked on a large scale renovation in 2007/2008 rewiring, replastering and redecorating throughout. The first floor was remodelled to create a civilised master suite with shower/wc, dressing room (15ft x 12ft) and large family bathroom/sauna. On the ground floor a 'bespoke, architect designed' extension was added to create a large 28ft x 13ft kitchen/dining room with doors opening out onto the rear garden.
The house is perfectly positioned on the borders of Redland and Westbury Park and is a short distance to the Downs and Whiteladies Road/Blackboy Hill with local shopping available along North View, Coldharbour Road and Henleaze Road with a range of independent shops, cinema and Waitrose all within easy reach.
Highly regarded local schools with Westbury Park Primary (150 metres) and Redland Green Secondary (650 metres) both nearby.
Ground Floor: porch, entrance hallway, downstairs wc, cloaks cupboard, utility room, drawing room, family room, dining room and kitchen/dining area, cellar rooms.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with dressing room/bedroom 3 and en-suite bathroom/wc, bedroom 2, separate wc, family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing, 4 further bedrooms and shower room/wc.
Outside: front and rear gardens and double garage.
driveway and gated pathway leads up to the entrance door to the left hand side of the building.
ENTRANCE PORCH: (10' 7'' x 7' 9'' max into the double door) (3.22m x 2.36m)
large entrance door with stained glass overlight, tessellated flooring and double glazed atrium roof, dado rail, attractive partially stained glass double doors with stained glass overlights opening into the entrance hall. Door to the rear of the porch and further partially glazed door opening into the rear garden.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (21' 9'' x 9' 2'' overall inclusive of stairwell) (6.62m x 2.79m)
a grand entrance hall with large and immaculately kept tessellated flooring, staircase rising to the first floor with substantial balustrade handrail and newel posts. Doors opening to drawing room, dining room, family room and steps leading down to the kitchen/dining area and cellar. Ceiling cornicing, ornate frieze plasterwork, radiator, deep skirting and architrave.
continuation of tessellated flooring, wall mounted wash hand basin, pedestal wc, radiator, extractor and ornate toilet roll holder, stained glass door and overlight.
housing the consumer unit.
space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer.
DRAWING ROOM: (19' 1'' into bay x 16' 5'' into chimney recess) (5.81m x 5.00m)
a grand room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing and large bay with 4 sash windows with stained glass overlights, 2 radiators, cast iron open fire with stone surround mantle and slate hearth.
FAMILY ROOM: (19' 2'' into bay x 16' 10'' into recess) (5.84m x 5.13m)
lovely large family room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, bay window to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden comprising 4 large sash windows, radiator.
DINING ROOM: (15' 9'' x 12' 5'' into chimney recess) (4.80m x 3.78m)
large reception room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, large sash windows to the front elevation with stained glass overlights, impressive cast iron fireplace with red marble surround, mantle and slate hearth, radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING AREA: (28' 10'' x 13' 10'') (8.78m x 4.21m)
measured as one but described separately as follows:-
fitted kitchen by Rational with a range of wall and base units, large island with Franke double stainless steel sink and mixer tap plus integrated Miele dishwasher and pop-up socket, polished granite worktops, Neff range cooker with extractor, Neff microwave, warming drawer and American style fridge/freezer, recessed spotlights, contemporary tall radiator.
powder coated aluminium double glazed windows to the side and rear elevations overlooking the rear garden, custom made roof lantern incorporating skylight with electric thermostatic/rain controller, double doors opening onto decking area with recessed lighting, contemporary radiator, recessed spotlights.
CELLAR ROOMS: (approx. 18' 9'' x 16' 8'' overall dimensions) (5.71m x 5.08m)
(ceiling height approx 6'2/1.88m) a collection of rooms.
LANDING: (19' 6'' x 9' 1'' overall inclusive of stairwell) (5.94m x 2.77m)
BEDROOM 1: (19' 6'' into bay x 15' 10'' into recess) (5.94m x 4.82m)
large room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, bay with 4 large sash windows to the front elevation, large radiator, picture rail, wall mounted contemporary electric fire, door to en suite and dressing room/bedroom 3.
En Suite Bathroom/WC: (9' 2'' x 5' 8'') (2.79m x 1.73m)
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, panelled bath with overhead shower, hand held shower fitment and shower screen, heated towel rail, tiled walls and tiled floor, recessed spotlights, extractor fan, double glazed window to the side elevation, additional radiator.
DRESSING ROOM/BEDROOM 3: (15' 9'' x 12' 7'' measured into chimney recess) (4.80m x 3.83m)
high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, 2 large sash windows to the front elevation, range of fitted 'hulsta' wardrobes, radiator. Dressing Room: accessed via 'Jack & Jill' doors from the master bedroom or independently via the landing.
BEDROOM 2: (19' 1'' into bay x 16' 9'' into chimney recess) (5.81m x 5.10m)
large room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, 4 large sash windows to the rear elevation, picture rail, 2 radiators, cast iron fireplace with marble surround and mantle and slate hearth.
(accessed on main landing) wall mounted wash hand basin, low level wc, opaque double glazed window to the side elevation, recessed spotlights, extractor fan, radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (16' 1'' x 13' 2'' into chimney recess) (4.90m x 4.01m)
(accessed via half landing) 2 large half opaque glazed sash windows to the rear elevation, generous bathroom with 2 pedestal wash hand basins, low level wc, panelled bath, tiled shower cubicle and sauna, heated towel rail, radiator, Boiler Cupboard housing gas combination boiler.
LANDING (13' 4'' x 9' 1'' overall inclusive of stairwell) (4.06m x 2.77m)
BEDROOM 4: (16' 0'' x 13' 3'') (4.87m x 4.04m)
(accessed from half landing) generous bedroom with double glazed window to the rear elevation, cast iron fireplace, mantle and slate hearth, 2 radiators.
BEDROOM 5: (21' 5'' x 12' 1'' max) (6.52m x 3.68m)
double glazed window to the front elevation, double glazed skylight with long distance views to the rear, radiator.
BEDROOM 6: (front) (12' 8'' max x 10' 8'') (not measured into recess) (3.86m x 3.25m)
cast iron fireplace with hearth, double glazed window to the front elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 7: (14' 11'' x 7' 4'' widening to 11'5) (4.54m x 2.23m/3.47m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation, 2 radiators and useful eaves storage.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (7' 9'' x 6' 1'') (2.36m x 1.85m)
opaque double glazed Velux skylight, low level wc, wash hand basin with vanity unit beneath, corner shower cubicle, tiled walls, radiator, recessed spotlights, extractor fan.
landscaped with paved off street parking for one vehicle, flower beds, boundary walls with cast iron railings.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 38' 0'' x 31' 0'') (11.57m x 9.44m)
benefits from a southerly aspect laid as lawn with decking and paved area. Access to double garage and rear lane pedestrian access onto Coldharbour Road.
DOUBLE GARAGE: (29' 11'' x 17' 6'') (9.11m x 5.33m)
electric roller door opening onto Coldharbour Road, double glazed window overlooking the rear garden and double glazed door. Light and power.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.