0117 946 6690
- An exceptional and rather special period home
- 5 bedrooms & 4 reception rooms
- South-westerly facing 50ft x 27ft rear garden
- Wonderful large 21ft x 21ft kitchen/breakfast room
- Many original features & presented to a high standard throughout
- Off street parking plus residents parking permit scheme
- A simply exquisite home
An exceptional and rather special 5 bedroom, 4 reception room period home located in a convenient central location, appointed and presented to the highest standard and further benefiting from many original features, a wonderful, large (21ft x 21ft) kitchen/breakfast room, off-street parking and a south-westerly facing 50ft x 27ft rear garden.
Located on the borders of Redland and Cotham, close to the shops, restaurants and amenities of Cotham Hill/Whiteladies Road, also within 500m of Cotham School and within easy reach of other excellent schools including BGS and QEH.
Ground Floor: spacious entrance hallway, drawing room, reception 2/sitting room with balcony, reception 3/home office.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 4, dressing room and family bathroom/wc.
Top Floor: landing, bedroom 3 with en suite bathroom/wc, bedroom 5/study.
Lower Ground Floor: magnificent large 21'9" x 21'10" kitchen/breakfast room with two sets of double doors leading out onto south-westerly facing garden, utility room, cloakroom/wc and reception 3.
Off street parking plus residents' parking permit scheme.
A simply exquisite period home with a stylish and elegant interior offering plenty of space and flexibility for families.
via gated pathway leading through front courtyard garden where there are several steps leading up to the main front door and entrance to the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (5' 7'' x 4' 6'') (1.70m x 1.37m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, dado rail, tiled floor, low level meter box, part-stained glass period style door thro' to:-
spacious L-shaped entrance hall with original staircase rising up to first floor landing and descending to lower ground floor landing, large sash window to side with working wooden shutters providing plenty of natural light through hallway and stairwell, oak flooring, period style cast iron radiator, doors off to drawing room, reception 2/sitting room, reception 3/home office and further part-glazed door accesses butler's pantry (currently used as cloaks storage cupboard with original dresser unit and open shelving).
DRAWING ROOM: (front) (18' 1'' into bay x 17' 6'' into chimney recess) (5.51m x 5.33m)
wide bay to front comprising three period style double-glazed sash windows, ceiling coving, rose and picture rail, cast iron period style fireplace, marble surround and slate hearth, oak flooring, and two cast iron period style radiators.
RECEPTION 2/SITTING ROOM: (14' 6'' x 13' 2'' into chimney recess) (4.42m x 4.01m)
ceiling coving and rose, picture rail, feature period style fireplace, parquet wood flooring, period style cast iron radiator, part-glazed French double doors leading out onto pretty south-west facing balcony.
RECEPTION 4: (14' 5'' x 8' 9'' into chimney recess) (4.39m x 2.66m)
ceiling coving and rose, large double-glazed sash window to rear overlooking rear garden, built-in bookcases to chimney recesses, oak flooring, period style radiator.
staircase continuing to second floor landing, doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, radiator and further door accessing family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (14' 8'' x 14' 2'' into chimney recess) (4.47m x 4.31m)
two large double-glazed sash windows to front, feature fireplace with built-in wardrobes to chimney recesses, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (14' 10'' x 13' 5'' into chimney recess) (4.52m x 4.09m)
large double-glazed sash window to rear, period style fireplace, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (14' 5'' x 8' 3'' into chimney recess) (4.39m x 2.51m)
double-glazed sash window to front, period style fireplace, exposed painted floorboards, picture rail, radiator.
DRESSING ROOM: (rear) (15' 0'' x 9' 1'' into recess & incl. of cupboards) (4.57m x 2.77m)
double-glazed sash window to rear, picture rail, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, corner cupboard with built-in shelving, Airing Cupboard (housing high pressure hot water cylinder).
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (7' 1'' x 5' 2'') (2.16m x 1.57m)
white suite comprising roll-edged claw, foot bath with mixer taps, shower attachment and system-fed shower over, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, part-tiled walls, radiator, copper heated towel rail, exposed painted floorboards, large double-glazed sash window to side.
SECOND (TOP) FLOOR
dado rail, large skylight window providing natural light through landing and stairwell, doors off to bedroom 3 and bedroom 6/study.
BEDROOM 3: (16' 1'' max/9'2 min x 15' 5'' max) (4.90m/2.79m x 4.70m)
15'5 max measurements taken into min ceiling height of 3'1. L-shaped loft bedroom with Velux skylight windows to front, further double-glazed windows to side, radiator, low level doors accessing eaves storage spaces, further door accessing en suite bathroom/wc.
En Suite Bathroom/WC: (9' 1'' taken into min 2'11 ceiling height x 6' 8'') (2.77m x 2.03m)
white suite comprising roll-edged, claw foot bath with system-fed shower over, low level wc, wall-mounted wash basin, heated towel rail/radiator, inset spotlights, extractor fan, double-glazed window to side, natural stone tiled floor and part-tiled walls.
BEDROOM 5: (9' 1'' x 9' 0'' into min ceiling height of 3'1) (2.77m x 2.74m)
skylight window to rear, radiator.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Staircase leads directly into large sociable family kitchen which in turn has further doors off to reception 4/playroom, utility room and cloakroom/wc. Further part-glazed door to side allows side access through to the front and rear gardens.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (21' 9'' x 21' 10'' into chimney recess) (6.62m x 6.65m)
magnificent large sociable family kitchen with a range of hand built wooden units comprising base level cupboards and drawers with soft close doors, central island with overhanging breakfast bar, woodblock worktops, inset Belfast-style sink and drainer, integrated dishwasher, appliance space for range cooker with stainless steel splashback, further appliance space for fridge-freezer, ample space for family dining table and chairs, natural stone tiled flooring, period style fireplace, period style radiators, two sets of part-glazed doors leading directly out onto south-westerly facing rear garden.
RECEPTION 3: (17' 0'' into bay x 13' 7'' into chimney recess) (5.18m x 4.14m)
double-glazed sash window to front, wood flooring, inset spotlights and radiator.
UTILITY ROOM: (9' 10'' x 7' 6'') (2.99m x 2.28m)
a range of base and eye level cream units with woodblock worktop over, inset 1 ½ bowl sink and drainer unit, plumbing for washing machine, further appliance space for fridge-freezer, wall-mounted Vaillant gas boiler, inset spotlights and window to front.
low level wc, pedestal wash basin, tiled walls, stone tiled floor, radiator, obscured glazed window to side.
FRONT GARDEN/OFF STREET PARKING:
paved to provide off-street parking for one vehicle, pathway leads beside where there is side access to rear garden and steps up to the main front door of the property.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 50' 0'' x 27' 0'') (15.23m x 8.22m)
south-westerly facing rear garden with generous patio seating area closest to the property, raised level walled section with flower borders containing mature shrubs and trees, pathway leading to the side providing gated access to the front.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.