Holmes Grove, Henleaze
A most welcoming and engaging 4 bedroom, 3 reception room period semi-detached home situated on a highly regarded road close to the Henleaze Road shops. Set in a wide and larger than average plot and enjoying a magnificent 70ft x 50ft south westerly facing garden, off street parking and a garage.
Generous room proportions throughout with over 2,000 sq.ft. of lateral accommodation arranged over 2 floors with exciting potential for further extension and loft conversion (if required and subject to necessary consents).
Situated in a desirable road within a level walk of the thriving high street of Henleaze Road, with its shops, cafes and bus connections to central areas. Henleaze Infant and Junior Schools are also within 500 metres and the wonderful green open space of Durdham Downs are also nearby.
Sitting within a wide plot providing this much loved family home with a sense of space and an impressive large level garden also inviting further untapped potential for further expansion or annexe (subject to necessary consents).
Enjoyed by the current owners for the last 44 years, this beautiful and well located family home offers the scale of outdoor space, parking and garaging rarely associated with a period property.
- A most welcoming and engaging period semi-detached home
- Situated on a highly regarded road close to Henleaze Road
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- Magnificent 70ft x 50ft south westerly facing garden
- Off street parking
via garden gate and central pathway leading between the level well stocked front garden and driveway providing off street parking for at least one vehicle. The pathway leads up the left hand side of the building where there is a gated entrance through to the rear garden and the main front door to the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (5' 7'' x 4' 8'' (1.70m x 1.42m))
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, original tessellated tiled floor, attractive period part stained glass double doors leading through into the central entrance hallway.
high ceilings with ceiling cornicing, staircase rising to first floor landing, radiator, doors leading off to the sitting room, reception 2/family room, reception 3 and kitchen/breakfast room. Further door accesses understairs storage cupboard.
SITTING ROOM: (15' 0'' max into bay window x 14' 1'' max into chimney recess (4.57m x 4.29m))
an elegant bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, wide bay t front comprising 4 sash windows, period style cast iron fireplace with original inset tiles, tiled hearth and wood surround and mantle and gas coal effect fire, radiator.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: (16' 0'' x 14' 0'' max into chimney recess (4.87m x 4.26m))
a lovely bright reception room with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and picture rail, an attractive fireplace with inset gas coal effect fire, a Regency wood surround and mantle, slate hearth, 2 sash windows to rear with central part glazed door enjoying a south westerly aspect and lovely outlook over the rear garden, radiator, tv point.
RECEPTION 3/HOME OFFICE: (12' 1'' x 9' 11'' max into chimney recess (3.68m x 3.02m))
high ceilings with original ceiling coving and picture rail, feature chimney recess with built in gas stove, original timber surround and mantle and slate hearth, radiator, 2 large sash windows to front.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (33' 2'' x 10' 0'' max reducing to 8'0" (10.10m x 3.05m/2.44m))
a good sized kitchen with hand built pine kitchen units comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with worktop over, integrated stainless steel double oven with 5 ring gas hob and extractor fan over and feature Rayburn Heatranger gas central heating cooker set into the chimney recess, further plumbing and appliance space for fridge/freezer and dishwasher, inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, radiator, original dresser with built in storage and open shelving over, sash window to rear, further large picture window to side overlooking the rear garden with part glazed door beside and further part glazed door accessing the utility area with plumbing for washing machine, corner sink, window to rear and door accessing ground floor cloakroom/wc.
CLOAKROOM/WC: (3' 7'' x 3' 3'' (1.09m x 0.99m))
low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, radiator, window to rear and extractor fan.
spacious central landing with glazed roof light panel providing borrowed light through from the skylight in the roof space over which provides plenty of natural light to the landing and stairwell, further loft hatch with pull down ladder accesses a large loft storage space with potential for conversion into further accommodation (subject to any necessary consents). There are doors leading off the central landing to 3 bedrooms, a dressing room (which in turn leads through to the fourth bedroom) and the family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (14' 8'' max into bay x 14' 8'' max into chimney recess (4.47m x 4.47m))
a large principal double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, an attractive original fireplace with inset tiles, tiled hearth, radiator and wide bay to front comprising 4 original sash windows.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) 14' 0'' max into chimney recess x 13' 1'' (4.26m x 3.98m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, radiator, an original fireplace with inset tiles and tiled hearth, sink with built in storage cabinet beneath, radiator and 2 large sash windows to rear offering a lovely sunny aspect and views over the rear garden.
high ceilings, built in airing/storage cupboards, one of which houses the lagged hot water tank with built in shelving, door leading through to bedroom 3 and further door accessing a shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 3: ((rear) 16' 1'' x 7' 11'' max into chimney recess (4.90m x 2.41m))
dual aspect sash windows to rear and side offering a lovely outlook over rear and neighbouring gardens and a radiator.
En Suite Shower Room/wc: (5' 10'' x 5' 3'' (1.78m x 1.60m))
white suite comprising corner shower enclosure with Mira shower, wc, pedestal wash basin, part tiled walls, laminated wood flooring, chrome effect heated towel rail and sash window to rear overlooking the rear garden.
BEDROOM 4: ((front) 10' 1'' x 9' 7'' max into chimney recess (3.07m x 2.92m))
high ceilings with ceiling coving, radiator and 2 sash window the front elevation.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (7' 11'' x 6' 3'' (2.41m x 1.90m))
white suite comprising panelled shower bath with dual headed system fed shower over and curved glass shower screen, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin set into a counter with storage cabinets beneath, 2 sash windows to side, high ceilings with inset spotlights, heated towel rail, tiled walls and tiled floor.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF ROAD PARKING:
to the front of the property there is a low maintenance front garden landscaped with plants and shrubs with a low level period boundary wall. Driveway provides off street parking for at least one car with a pathway leading beside to gated access to the main front door of the property.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 70' 0'' length x 50' 0'' width (21.32m x 15.23m))
a larger than average and tastefully landscaped south westerly facing sunny rear garden with generous paved seating area wrapping round the rear of the property. Lawned sections with well stocked flower borders containing a wide selection of plants, shrubs and trees, fenced boundaries to the rear and side. Greenhouse with garden utility area to the side accessing a garden shed. Raised vegetable planters, outside taps, gated access to the driveway and door accessing the garage.
GARAGE: (19' 8'' x 10' 4'' (5.99m x 3.15m))
a good sized single garage with pitched roof, electric up and over door, power, light, tap, window to rear and part glazed door accessing the garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.