Woodstock Road | Redland
An exquisite and impressive period home in one of Redland's most coveted roads with generous south-west facing rear garden and parking. A handsomely proportioned 6 double bedroom, Victorian semi-detached family house. Tastefully appointed to the highest of standards - this is a house of exceptional quality. Wonderfully sociable open plan ground floor rooms bathed in natural light from front to back. Highly prized location, within the nearby Redland Green School AFP, near Redland Green Park and Redland train station and with easy access to Whiteladies Road/Gloucester Road/the Downs and the city centre. Sunny south-west facing rear garden (circa 70ft) - a well stocked and tended haven. Lovely deep front garden and off street parking for 2 cars. Sold with no onward chain. Sumptuously finished throughout, this is a highly polished gem.
- An exquisite 6 double bedroom period house
- Beautifully presented to exacting standards
- Highly prized location
- well within the nearby Redland Green School AFP
- Gorgeous sunny south-west facing rear garden (circa 70ft x 30ft)
- Off street parking for two cars
- Sold with no onward chain
- An exceptional house of quality - a highly polished gem
No. 17 has been transformed by the current owners into a tastefully appointed and much loved family home fit for contemporary living and yet retaining its classic period charm.
Follow the pathway through the manicured front garden to the large solid wooden entrance door which opens into a vestibule with original tessellated tiled floor. A beautiful stained glass door leads into the large reception hall which itself flows seamlessly into the gracious drawing room to the front, and the equally civilised and sizeable kitchen/dining/sitting room to the rear. This ‘open plan’ ground floor [with a through measurement of 51 ft] makes for the most wonderfully sociable space that is bathed in light running from front to back and is underfloor heated. If a quieter moment is required, a large set of double doors to both front and rear rooms affords privacy and seclusion.
The drawing room [originally 2 rooms] has large sash windows to the front including a sweeping wide bay, a period style fireplace at either end and a generous ceiling height with ornate cornice. At the rear of the house is found the most delightful and versatile reception room [originally 2 rooms] with a hand-built kitchen adjacent to an open dining area and family sitting room. This family room is a place to cook, eat and relax and is the heart of the home, and benefits from the south-west sunlight afforded by 2 sets of glazed double doors which open directly onto the rear garden.
The Tom Howley kitchen is exquisite with wide stone worksurfaces and an extensive range of bespoke cabinets and an immense island unit with double sink [including Quooker] and breakfast bar. High end appliances abound including a range gas cooker, microwave oven, large plumbed in fridge freezer, wine cooler, and washer dryer. This room is wired for sound, has a working period style fireplace and engineered oak floorboards which continue through the reception hall to the cloakroom/wc at the rear.
From the reception hall the wide staircase with polished wooden handrail rises to the first floor landing from which all rooms radiate before continuing up to the second floor landing. A lantern skylight floods the stairwell and landings with natural light. The four double bedrooms on the first floor all have sash windows, ceiling mouldings and are well presented. Bedroom 1 has a contemporary Ripples en-suite shower/wc with underfloor heating and bedroom 3 has an extensive range of built-in wardrobes and storage cupboards as well as a dressing table. These two rooms overlook the rear garden and are balanced with bedrooms 2 and 4 at the front of the house. The family bathroom is generously proportioned and has a white suite including bath, shower and wc.
At second floor level there are two surprisingly large double bedrooms and a further family shower room/wc. Bedroom 5 to the front has a charming bonnet style window surround with further ceiling skylight and to the rear bedroom 6 (currently operating as a commanding study) has an extensive range of built-in wardrobes and has glazed double doors which open onto a discreet sitting out balcony. From this veritable suntrap one can enjoy the sunny aspect whilst looking across the rooftops of Redland and Clifton to the hills in the distance.
The ground floor is underfloor heated via a wet system and the remainder of the house is serviced by radiators and a gas boiler located in the Airing Cupboard in bedroom 2.
At the front the house is set well back from the road (some 45ft) behind a lawned front garden with deep well stocked beds and a paved forecourt providing off street parking for two cars.
At the rear an extensive sitting out patio is found immediately behind the house beyond which are lawned areas and an array of flower beds with a profusion of flowering plants, shrubs, bushes and trees (including an Acer and a Lilac).
Centre stage are two magnificent Scots Pine trees with arched pergolas leading the way to a secret section of the garden with further patio and pockets in which to relax. Within the garden is a gazebo, outside tap and sockets and garden lighting is interspersed throughout. At the rear there is a useful garden shed (alarmed and with power and light) and log store.
The rear garden measures circa 70ft x 30ft and has a delightful sunny south westerly aspect.
Viewing & Further Information:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, contact us on: 0117 946 6690.
Fixtures & Fittings:
Only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
We understand that the property is Freehold with a perpetual yearly rent charge of £12 p.a. This should be checked by your legal adviser.
Local Authority Information:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: G.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.