Woodstock Road | Redland
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,500,000 - £1,550,000
A substantial, handsome (3,142 sq. ft.) 6 double bedroom Victorian semi-detached family home situated on one of Redland’s most sought after tree-lined roads within just 400 metres of Redland Green School.
Magnificent room proportions throughout and a wealth of period features add to this property’s overwhelming feeling of space and character.
Fabulous location high up in Redland on the doorstep of Redland Green Park and within a short stroll of Redland Green School, as well as being highly convenient for access to Whiteladies Road, the city centre and the green open spaces of the Downs.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule flows through to a large central entrance hallway with beautiful original spindled staircase with original newel posts, and understairs walk-in butler’s pantry, cloakroom, and two linked reception rooms (29’8 x 17’8) span the entire width of the property to the front. To the rear there is a large sociable kitchen/dining room with adjoining utility room and additional store.
First Floor: landing, principal double bedroom with adjoining en-suite shower/wet room, two further good sized double bedrooms and a large family bath/shower room/wc.
Second Floor: spacious landing, three further good sized double bedrooms, shower room/wc and a study.
Outside: enclosed level raised front garden enjoys privacy and plenty of afternoon sunshine as well as the 45ft x 30ft rear family garden.
A substantial and inviting period home on a friendly and desirable road, with the space and flexibility to accommodate growing families. The house enjoys gardens on 3 sides, with the added benefit of being just across from the popular open spaces at Redland Green.
- Substantial Victorian family home
- Over 3000 sq. ft.
- 6 bedrooms
- Large Kitchen Family Room
- Circa 30ft x 18ft Living Room
- 3 Bath / Shower Rooms
- Set on one of Redland's most desirable roads
- Close to Redland Green and Whiteladies Road
- Within 400 metres of Redland Green School
unique (and locally forged) wrought iron double gates lead off Woodstock Road and face an impressive arched main front door to the house, with Dartmouth House carved into stonework above, with ornate mullioned stained glass light over, block paved pathways leading either side of the property to the front and rear gardens.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 7' 0'' x 4' 6'' (2.13m x 1.37m)
high ceilings, tessellated tiled floor and part glazed double doors leading into:-
RECEPTION HALLWAY: 16' 2'' x 8' 0'' (4.92m x 2.44m)
an impressive central entrance hallway with a rather grand original spindled staircase with newel posts rising, and runs through the centre of the house, high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail. Door accessing understairs butler’s pantry and cloaks cupboard, with built-in original sideboard and open shelving. Further doors lead off to the thro’ lounge/dining room, kitchen/dining room and ground floor cloakroom/wc.
THRO’ LOUNGE/DINING ROOM: 29' 9'' x 17' 9'' (9.06m x 5.41m)
a magnificent combined reception room (could be used as two reception rooms if required) of a wonderful scale with a wide bay to front comprising five sash windows, two further sash windows to front and smaller sash window to side. Wonderful high ceilings with ceiling cornicing, central ceiling roses and picture rails. Two impressive fireplaces with wood surround and beautiful marquetry, mantels and slate hearths. Cast iron period radiators and exposed stripped floorboards.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 29' 0'' x 14' 1'' (8.83m x 4.29m)
a well-designed hand-built kitchen with large central slate island unit with overhanging breakfast bar and inset sink, chimney recess with exquisite handmade cracked glazed tiling house a gas Aga and built-in storage cabinets beside, integrated Miele Fridge/freezer, two integrated Fisher Paykel dishwashers, two large sash windows to rear, door leading through to utility and storage room, wide wall opening creating a sociable connection from the kitchen to the dining area.
wide bay to side comprising five sash windows, period style cast iron fireplace with wood surround and slate hearth, exposed stripped floorboards, cast iron radiator.
UTILITY ROOM: 9' 1'' x 8' 8'' (2.77m x 2.64m)
some base level units with an inset sink, plumbing for washing machine, wall mounted Vaillant gas boiler, door to side accessing the rear garden, window to side. Door through to a Useful Storage Room (8’11 x 7’3”) (2.71m x 2.22m) with window to rear and door to side accessing the rear garden.
LANDING: 10' 10'' x 9' 2'' (3.30m x 2.79m)
an impressive central first floor landing with doors off to three double bedrooms and a large family bathroom. Staircase continues rising to the second floor.
BEDROOM 1: 17' 9'' x 14' 11'' (5.41m x 4.54m)
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, wide bay to front comprising five sash windows, exposed stripped floorboards, cast iron period radiator and door accessing:-
En-Suite wet Room/WC: 8' 0'' x 6' 6'' (2.44m x 1.98m)
a wet room shower, low level wc, wash basin with Fired Earth taps and fittings, heated towel rail, tiled, heated floor, part stone tiled walls and three pretty sash windows to side
BEDROOM 2: 14' 5'' x 14' 1'' (4.39m x 4.29m)
a large double bedroom with two sash windows to front offering a lovely leafy outlook and partial views over rooftops towards central Bristol, period cast iron radiator, exposed stripped floorboards and a cast iron period fireplace.
BEDROOM 3: 14' 1'' x 12' 11'' (4.29m x 3.93m)
a double bedroom with two sash windows to side, high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing and picture rail, period style cast iron fireplace, exposed stripped floorboards and period style cast iron radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 12' 10'' x 11' 10'' (3.91m x 3.60m)
white suite comprising a grand, central cast-iron double-ended bath, low level wc, two wash hand basins set into a wooden counter with storage cabinet beneath, shower enclosure, exposed floorboards, radiator, picture rail and sash window to rear, airing cupboard housing hot water cyclinder.
LANDING: 11' 3'' x 8' 1'' (3.43m x 2.46m)
spacious landing with large Velux skylight window providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell, exposed stripped floorboards, loft hatch. Doors off to bedrooms 4, 5, 6, study and shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 4: 14' 4'' x 12' 10'' (4.37m x 3.91m)
a double bedroom with two sash windows to front, period style cast iron fireplace, exposed stripped floorboards and a period radiator.
BEDROOM 5: 14' 0'' x 11' 5'' (4.26m x 3.48m)
cast iron period fireplace with sash windows either side, further Velux skylight window, exposed stripped floorboards, cast iron period style radiator.
BEDROOM 6: 14' 10'' x 10' 7'' (4.52m x 3.22m)
period style cast iron fireplace, exposed stripped floorboards, cast iron radiator, sink set into a cabinet, dormer to front comprising sash style window with glazed panels to either side providing some of the best city-scape views of the house – a perfect spot for watching hot air balloon and firework displays.
STUDY: 12' 10'' x 6' 4'' (3.91m x 1.93m)
a useful study space with Velux skylight window, built-in desk and shelving, low level double doors accessing generous eaves storage space.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 8' 0'' x 7' 0'' (2.44m x 2.13m)
corner wet room shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, inset spotlights, extractor fan, heated towel rail, heated stone flooring, two sash windows to side.
to be found on 3 sides of the property
Front: 35' 0'' x 19' 0'' (10.66m x 5.79m)
a level and surprisingly private and useable south-westerly facing front garden laid to lawn with herringbone paved seating area closest to the property that catches the afternoon/evening sun – perfect for entertaining. Deep flower borders containing various shrubs and plants (including a laurel tree and trailing Clematis), attractive stone boundary walls with unique and locally forged wrought iron railings over and a lily pond.
Rear: 45' 0'' x 30' 0'' (13.71m x 9.14m)
a level lawned garden with deep flower borders containing various shrubs and trees that provide privacy (including quince trees, apple trees, and raspberry canes) patio area, custom-built bike shed (for 6 bikes) plus additional garden shed and gated side access onto Woodstock Road.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.