Trelawney Road, Cotham
A handsome and well proportioned (circa 2,500 sq. ft) 5 double bedroom, 3 reception room Victorian family home situated on the borders of Redland and Cotham. Further benefitting from spectacular views, many original features, off street parking and a 55ft rear garden.
Enjoyed and cared for by the current owners for the last 16 years, this well located property offers a scale and layout perfect for growing families.
Superb location within a short stroll of Cotham Hill, Whiteladies Road and St Michaels Hill, of all which have shops, cafes and restaurants. Cotham Gardens Primary School and Cotham School are both within just 400 metres. Bristol Grammar School and QEH are also nearby, as are Cotham Gardens Park, Redland train station and all central areas.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule leads through into double doors into a welcoming bright entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room, elegant second reception room with large double glazed sash windows.
Lower Ground Floor: landing with understairs storage, utility room, cloakroom/wc, independent lower ground floor entrance, fabulous through 28’6 x 16’4 kitchen/dining/living space with bi-folding doors accessing a balcony, which in turn leads out onto the glorious 55ft x 23ft rear garden.
First Floor: landing, two large double bedrooms and a family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: spacious landing, three further double bedrooms and a shower room/wc.
A substantial and impressive Victorian family home in a great location with the rare advantage of off road parking and a good sized rear garden.
- Handsome & well proportioned Victorian family home
- Generous characterful accommodation (circa 2500sq.ft)
- 5 bedrooms & 3 reception rooms
- Enjoys spectacular city views
- 55ft rear garden
- Off-street parking
- Well located on Cotham/Redland borders
- Close to amenities & good schools
via stone pillars and pathway leading beside the driveway which provides off street parking for one car, where there are also steps down to an independent lower ground floor entrance. The pathway continues beside the driveway and up to the main front door of the house.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 6' 7'' x 6' 0'' (2.01m x 1.83m)
a welcoming wide entrance vestibule with tiled floor, coat hooks with shelf over, high ceilings with ceiling coving, alarm control panel, part glazed double door accessing:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 20' 10'' x 6' 0'' (6.35m x 1.83m)
a bright and welcoming entrance hallway with original staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to lower ground floor. Doors off to sitting room and reception 2/dining room.
SITTING ROOM: 16' 9'' x 16' 9'' (5.10m x 5.10m)
a large bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, tiled open fireplace with an impressive original Victorian marble surround and mantel. Radiator, cable TV point and telephone point.
RECEPTION 2/DINING ROOM: 15' 4'' x 12' 11'' (4.67m x 3.93m)
an elegant reception room with wonderful high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, two large double glazed timber framed sash windows to rear offering an open outlook over rooftops of Redland, tiled fireplace with period marble surround, radiator.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
a good sized landing with independent front door, engineered oak flooring, inset spotlights, understairs storage cupboard, doors off to kitchen/dining room, utility room and cloakroom/wc. Stairs down to a door accessing rear garden.
SEMI OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN/DINING R0OM: 28' 6'' x 16' 4'' max in kitchen area reducing to 14’10” in living area (8.68m x 4.97m)
a wonderful large sociable thro’ kitchen/dining/living space with plenty of natural light provided by the sash windows to front and glazed bi-folding doors to rear. Measured and described separately as follows:-
Kitchen/Breakfast Area: 16' 5'' x 12' 11'' (5.00m x 3.93m)
fitted kitchen with base and eye level cupboards and drawers with granite and wood block worktop over, chimney recess providing space for range cooker, integrated dishwasher, plumbing and appliance space for American style fridge/freezer, central island, space for dining room table and chairs, windows to front, engineered oak flooring, inset spotlights. Wide wall opening creating a sociable connection through to:-
Living Area: 15' 0'' x 12' 7'' (4.57m x 3.83m)
a lovely bright living space with timber framed double glazed bi-folding doors offering an open outlook over rooftops of Redland. Engineered oak flooring, tiled fireplace, radiator, corner storage cupboard with built-in shelving. The bi-folding doors access a timber decked balcony, which in turn has steps out to the rear garden.
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with tiled splashbacks.
UTILITY ROOM: 5' 7'' x 4' 5'' (1.70m x 1.35m)
plumbing and appliance space for washing machine with worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, built-in shelving, high level storage cupboard and sash window to rear.
a spacious central landing with doors off to bedrooms 1 & 2 and family bathroom. Radiator, sash window to rear providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell. Staircase rising to second floor landing.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 9'' x 16' 6'' (5.10m x 5.03m)
wide bay to front comprising four double glazed windows, high ceilings, ceiling coving, tiled fireplace with white marble period surround and tiled hearth, built-in wardrobes and radiator.
BEDROOM 2: 15' 4'' x 13' 0'' (4.67m x 3.96m)
wonderful high ceilings with ceiling coving, built-in bookcase to chimney recess, radiator, two large double glazed timber framed sash windows to rear offering far reaching cityscape views
BATHROOM/WC: 8' 10'' x 5' 11'' (2.69m x 1.80m)
white suite comprising bath with central mixer taps, pedestal wash basin and low level wc, part tiled walls, sash window to front, tiled floor, radiator.
large sash window to rear with lovely views across Cotham and Redland and providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell. Doors off to bedrooms 3, 4 and 5 and shower room/wc. Loft access provides access into a loft storage area.
BEDROOM 3: 15' 7'' x 13' 1'' (4.75m x 3.98m)
large double bedroom with double glazed sash window to rear with breathtaking views over the surrounding area. Period fireplace, built-in wardrobe, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 13' 9'' x 13' 5'' (4.19m x 4.09m)
double bedroom with period fireplace, radiator and sash window to front.
BEDROOM 5: 10' 0'' x 9' 8'' (3.05m x 2.94m)
currently arranged as a home office, but large enough to use as a bedroom, with sash window to front and radiator.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 6' 9'' x 3' 9'' (2.06m x 1.14m)
white suite comprising shower enclosure with electric shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor and inset spotlights.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF STREET PARKING:
the property has the rare advantage of a driveway providing off street parking for one car.
REAR GARDEN: 56' 11'' x 0' 0'' (17.34m x 0.00m)
a good sized lawned rear garden with generous paved seating area closest to the property providing ample outside space for seating and entertaining. Wide curved edge flower borders containing various shrubs and trees. The garden is north westerly facing and therefore attracts afternoon sunshine.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is a perpetual yearly rent charge payable of £6.15s.0d p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.