Stoke Lodge Cottages, Stoke Bishop
A truly charming and most inviting 3 bedroom, 2 reception room period semi-detached cottage situated in an idyllic leafy setting, backing onto Stoke Lodge playing fields. Further benefitting from off street parking and an exquisite south westerly facing level rear garden enjoying spectacular sunsets.
Enviable location, tucked away in a leafy backwater of Stoke Bishop yet within a level stroll of the local shops and cafes of Stoke Lane and Shirehampton Road, as well as bus connections to all central areas and lovely walks on the doorstep through Stoke Lodge, The Dingle and into Blaise Castle Estate.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, 19'5 x 11'9 sitting room, dining room with dual aspect outlook onto the rear garden and sociable connection through to the modern well appointed kitchen, ground floor shower room/wc and utility/store room.
First Floor: landing, three bedrooms and a bathroom/wc.
Outside: breathtaking sunny south-westerly facing level lawned garden with rear gated access out onto the perimeter pathway of Stoke Lodge playing fields. To the front of the property there is off road parking and a courtyard front garden.
A gorgeous two storey period cottage with a fabulous garden nestled in a superb location.
To be sold with no onward chain making a prompt move possible.
- A truly charming and most inviting 3 bedroom semi-detached cottage
- Breathtaking sunny south-westerly facing level lawned garden
- Good sized sitting room (19'5 x 11'9)
- Kitchen dining room with access out to rear garden
- Modern well appointed kitchen
- Situated in an idyllic leafy setting, backing onto Stoke Lodge playing fields
- Off road parking for one car
- No onward chain
via gated driveway with pathway leading off through a courtyard front garden, where you will find the main front door to the property.
staircase rising to first floor landing, exposed stripped painted floorboards, cloaks recess with built-in hanging rail, radiator, double glazed window to front, attractive exposed stone feature wall, part glazed door leading through into the sitting room and further door accessing a ground floor shower room/wc, which in turn connects through to the utility room.
SITTING ROOM: ((19' 5'' x 11' 9'') (5.91m x 3.58m))
a good sized sitting room with feature brick fireplace with wood surround and slate hearth (NB: the log burning stove is of sentimental value to the vendors are therefore will not be staying, but the flue and connections will remain), double glazed window to rear overlooking rear garden, Junkers solid oak floor, radiators, part glazed door leading through into:-
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: ((15' 3'' x 9' 7'') (4.64m x 2.92m))
a good sized dining room with plenty of natural light provided by the windows and two sets of doors to rear and side giving a lovely outlook over the rear garden, Junkers solid oak floor, wide wall opening provides a sociable connection from the dining area to the kitchen creating a semi open plan space.
KITCHEN: ((11' 1'' x 9' 10'') (3.38m x 2.99m))
a modern fitted kitchen comprising a range of gloss handle-less units with square edge quartz worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit. Integrated appliances including Neff oven and separate Neff combi oven, 6 ring Smeg gas hob with fully extracted Neff canopy over, slimline AEG dishwasher, integrated larder fridge and fully integrated separate freezer. Double glazed window to front and further skylight window provide plenty of natural light into the kitchen.
white suite comprising corner shower enclosure, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin set into counter, part tiled walls, part glazed door leading through to:-
UTILITY ROOM: ((11' 0'' x 5' 0'') (3.35m x 1.52m))
a useful space with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and freezer, with worktop over. Built-in wall units, built-in workbench, wall mounted Vaillant gas boiler, radiator, double glazed windows to side overlooking the front garden.
doors leading off to all three bedrooms and the bathroom.
BEDROOM 1: ((14' 0'' x 10' 6'' max into recess/9'8 min) (4.26m x 3.20m/2.95m))
a double bedroom with large picture window to side offering a lovely outlook over Stoke Lodge playing fields, radiator, feature ceiling beams and space for wardrobes.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) (11' 10'' max into recess x 11' 1'') (3.60m x 3.38m))
a double bedroom with double glazed window to rear offering a lovely leafy outlook over Stoke Lodge playing fields, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((9' 6'' max into chimney recess x 8' 0'') (2.89m x 2.44m))
a useful third bedroom or home office with an attractive period style fireplace, radiator and double glazed window to front.
BATHROOM/WC: ((7' 8'' max into recess x 5' 3'') (2.34m x 1.60m))
white suite comprising panelled bath with a system fed shower over and folding glass shower screen, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash basin with built-in drawers beneath, shaver point, wall lighting, extractor fan, radiator, wall mounted electric panel heater and obscured double glazed window to front.
OFF ROAD PARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
there is a gated driveway with attractive stone pillars providing off road parking for one car, with pathway leading off beside a courtyard front garden to the main entrance to the property. Garden gate leading through into the rear garden directly in front of the house, Ebenezer Lane, spaces have been designated and the lane marked as private by Bristol City Council.
REAR GARDEN: ((approx. 55' 0'' x 20' 0'' widening to 35'0) (16.75m x 6.09m/10.67m))
a most attractive and good sized sunny lawned rear garden wrapping around the rear and side of the property with a paved seating area closest to the kitchen/dining space, built-in summer house, behind the summer house is a 'Trimetal' garden tool store, raised vegetable patch, fantastic wisteria climbing up the stone walls of the house, gated rear access onto the perimeter pathway surrounding Stoke Lodge playing fields, further gate to front accessing the driveway.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.