Stoke Hill | Stoke Bishop
An exceptionally large, of over 3,000 sq. ft., 8 bedroom, 3 reception 1930s detached family house with driveway parking, garage and a superb sunny south west facing garden.
Houses on this scale are extremely rare and offer plenty of space for modern requirements with space for dependent family members and multiple home offices.
Highly regarded and coveted location being a short distance to the Downs and convenient for Whiteladies Road and local shopping and a few cafes/restaurants only a few hundred yards away in Stoke Lane and shops in Westbury on Trym only a little further.
Excellent transport links both in and out of Bristol either by bus, car or Sea Mills train station providing a direct link to Clifton, Redland and Bristol Temple Meads.
Walking distance to Sneyd Park Nature Reserve and the Downs offering vast green open spaces to explore.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, sitting room, living room, study, kitchen/dining room, wc/utility.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and bathroom/wc.
Second (Top) Floor: landing, bedroom 6, bedroom 7, bedroom 8 and shower room/wc.
Outside: driveway parking for 2/3 cars in tandem, front garden (approx. 50ft in depth x 46ft in width including parking), exceptionally private rear garden (circa 85ft x 50ft) with a very sunny south-westerly aspect.
- An exceptionally large 1930s detached house
- South-westerly facing rear garden - circa 85ft x 50ft
- 8 Bedrooms - 3 Receptions
- 3 bath/shower rooms
- Large kitchen/dining room
- Generous reception hall
- Ground floor W/C & utility
- Driveway parking for 2/3 cars in tandem
- Over 3000 sq.ft.
there is a brick paviored driveway providing off street parking for at least two vehicles leading to the generous arched storm porch, original timber door with glazed panels to either side and opening into:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (18' 6'' x 9' 10'' widening to 16'7 max) (5.63m x 2.99m/5.05m)
an impressive reception hall with a period, painted fireplace, stairs rising to the first floor, doors leading off to three reception rooms and the kitchen/dining room, picture rail, radiator.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (21' 6'' into bay x 14' 0'' into chimney recess) (6.55m x 4.26m)
lovely big room with large double glazed bay window to the front elevation, tiled fireplace with wooden surround and mantel and further tiled hearth, two radiators, picture rail.
LIVING ROOM: (rear) (18' 0'' x 14' 0'' into chimney recess) (5.48m x 4.26m)
a nice bright room overlooking the rear garden with large stone fireplace, picture rail, two radiators, double glazed doors and windows to the rear elevation.
STUDY: (13' 11'' x 9' 11'' into chimney recess) (4.24m x 3.02m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation opening out onto the rear garden, picture rail, tiled fireplace, radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (15' 11'' into chimney recess x 15' 10'') (4.85m x 4.82m)
large kitchen/dining room with a range of wall and base units incorporating working surfaces, stainless steel sink unit with draining board and mixer tap, tiled splashbacks, 4 ring gas hob with extractor hood above, separate Neff double oven, space for tall fridge/freezer, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine, radiator, tiled floor, double glazed windows to the side and rear elevations, partially glazed door to the side elevation leading out onto the side and rear garden.
WC/UTILITY: (9' 8'' x 5' 11'') (2.94m x 1.80m)
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, space for tumble dryer, tiled floor, double glazed to side and front elevations, radiator.
stairs rise to the top floor and doors lead off to all rooms, radiator. Modern stained glass window to the side elevation bringing in lots of natural light.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (16' 1'' incl of en-suite x 14' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.90m x 4.29m)
a bright room with double glazed windows to the rear and side elevations with a lovely green open outlook, picture rail. Door to:-
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, shower cubicle, partially tiled walls and tiled floor, double glazed window to the side elevation, heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (15' 6'' into bay x 14' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.72m x 4.26m)
double glazed bay window to the front elevation, radiator, picture rail.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (13' 8'' x 9' 11'' into chimney recess) (4.16m x 3.02m)
double glazed window to the front elevation, radiator, painted tiled fireplace, picture rail, door to large eaves storage.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (16' 1'' x 10' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.90m x 3.05m)
double glazed window to rear elevation with a lovely green and leafy outlook, picture rail, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (rear) (15' 11'' x 9' 3'' into chimney recess) (4.85m x 2.82m)
double glazed window to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, painted period fireplace, radiator, picture rail, door to: Storage Room with double glazed windows to front and rear.
BATHROOM/WC: (10' 4'' x 7' 10'') (3.15m x 2.39m)
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, panelled bath, corner shower cubicle, partially tiled walls and tiled floor, radiator.
SECOND (TOP) FLOOR
doors lead off to bedrooms 6, 7 and 8. Two large Velux double glazed skylights provide natural light, radiator. Access to eaves storage.
BEDROOM 6: (rear) (15' 5'' x 14' 8'' incl. of chimney stack) (4.70m x 4.47m)
(both dimensions are measured to a ceiling height of 3'6/1.07m) three double glazed Velux skylights to the front and side elevations, radiator.
BEDROOM 7: (rear) (14' 8'' x 12' 5'') (4.47m x 3.78m)
(both dimensions measured to a ceiling height of 3'6/1.07m) double glazed Velux skylights to the rear and side elevations with a lovely outlook across Stoke Bishop to Coombe Ridge at the top of Blaise Castle Estate, radiator.
BEDROOM 8: (10' 8'' x 9' 10'' to a ceiling height of 3'6/1.07m) (3.25m x 2.99m)
Velux skylight to the side elevation, access to further eaves storage.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (8' 2'' x 5' 8'') (2.49m x 1.73m)
large double glazed Velux skylight to the side elevation, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, shower cubicle, tiled floor, partially tiled walls, extractor fan, recessed spotlights, radiator.
FRONT GARDEN: (approx. 50' 0'' in depth x 46' 0'' in width) (15.23m x 14.01m)
block paviored driveway parking for 2/3 cars in tandem, large lawn with well stocked flower and shrub borders, established copper beech tree, side access to rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: (circa 85' 0'' in length x 50' 0'' in width) (25.89m x 15.23m)
a glorious expanse of lawn with established shrub, tree and flower borders, exceptionally private and with a very sunny south-westerly aspect.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.