St Albans Road, Westbury Park
A spacious, immaculately presented and recently renovated, 5 bedroom Edwardian period family home situated on a popular and peaceful road in the heart of Westbury Park, having a lovely south-west facing rear garden and semi open-plan kitchen/dining room. Situated within just 200m of Westbury Park Primary School and within 750m of Redland Green Secondary School. Extensive family living space of exceptional quality over three floors with period features and a wonderful atmosphere and character. Highly prized family neighbourhood, so convenient and easy for good nearby schools, local shops in Coldharbour Road, North View and Henleaze Road, together with Waitrose and the Orpheus cinema, library, the glorious Downs and Whiteladies Road. Westbury Park Primary School is just a few hundred yards away and only a little further afield across the open spaces of Redland Green lies Redland Green Secondary School. Stylish bespoke kitchen by Tom Howley with shaker style units and quartz worktops linking to a recently created utility room. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, bay fronted dining room with wide wall opening through to kitchen/breakfast room, pantry cupboard, utility room, cloakroom/wc, sitting room. First Floor: split level landing, three double bedrooms, family bath/shower room. Second Floor: part galleried landing, two further bedrooms (5 in total). Outside: pretty front garden, charming sunny rear garden (34ft x 17ft) with sitting out area and garden shed. Our clients shall be moving overseas and therefore the property is offered with the benefit of no onward chain. A magnificent example of its type having been renovated with little expense spared, this well located period home ticks all the boxes.
- A spacious, immaculately presented & recently renovated Edwardian period family home
- 5 bedrooms
- Bay fronted dining room
- Sitting room with access to rear garden
- Stylish bespoke kitchen by Tom Howley
- Pretty front garden
- Charming sunny rear garden (34ft x 17ft)
- Offered with the benefit of no onward chain
- Sold discreetly
from the pavement, a dwarf brick wall with pathway leading to the front entrance door. Solid wood panelled front door with brass door furniture and stained glass fanlight, opening to:-
inlaid entrance mat, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Part glazed wooden door with overlight, opening to:-
some 26ft/7.92m in length, having wide turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles, useful understairs storage cupboards, engineered oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlights, radiator. Doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
DINING ROOM: (16' 1'' x 12' 10'' max into bay window) (4.90m x 3.91m)
wide bay window to the front elevation comprising four tall sash windows with half height plantation style shutters. Central period fireplace with cast iron surround, slate hearth and ornately carved wooden mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with built-in drinks cabinet plus drawer and cupboards below). Engineered oak flooring, window seat with cupboards below, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Wide wall opening through to:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (13' 11'' extending to 23'4 x 10' 10'') (4.24m/7.10m x 3.30m)
installed in 2019 by Tom Howley of Whiteladies Road, Clifton. Comprehensively fitted with an array of shaker style base and eye level units combining soft closing drawers, cabinets and glazed display cabinets. Roll edged quartz worktops with matching upstands and pelmet lighting. Large island incorporating breakfast bar. Undermount stainless steel double sink with swan neck Quooker mixer tap (does instant hot water and filter, plus flexi-hose). Space for Everhot range cooker (available by separate negotiation) set into chimney breast with lintel and Neff extractor. Engineered oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, inset ceiling downlights, raised height window to the rear elevation. Integrated drinks fridge. Integral dishwasher, recessed space for American style fridge/freezer. Pantry cupboard with shelving and light point plus wall mounted Vaillant gas fired combination boiler. Computer work station area with large Velux skylight window (which rotates 360 degrees for easy cleaning) over. Open walkway through to:-
UTILITY ROOM: (9' 6'' x 5' 0'') (2.89m x 1.52m)
sloping ceiling with large Velux window (which rotates 360 degrees for easy cleaning). Solid wooden worktop surface with space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer below, Belfast style sink with swan neck mixer tap, useful cupboard, tiled flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, bevel edged wall tiling. Double glazed door and window plus overlight overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden
low level flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with splashback tiling, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
SITTING ROOM: (17' 5'' x 10' 10'') (5.30m x 3.30m)
Crittall door with matching side panels and overlights overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden. Period fireplace with decorative tiled slips and wooden mantelpiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, engineered oak flooring, fitted floating bookshelving, tall moulded skirtings, radiator, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
tall moulded skirting boards, inset ceiling downlights, turning staircase continuing to the second floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (16' 9'' x 15' 5'' max into bay window) (5.10m x 4.70m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising four tall sash windows with additional sash window also to front, twin built-in double opening wardrobes with cupboards above and drawers below, radiator, tall moulded skirtings, two wall light points, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 1'' x 10' 10'') (3.98m x 3.30m)
large multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side (one with fitted work station and shelving above), fitted wardrobe, window seat with storage underneath (which flows around the corner into the chimney recess), floating wooden desk, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (12' 6'' x 10' 10'') (3.81m x 3.30m)
multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: (9' 10'' x 7' 3'') (2.99m x 2.21m)
panelled bath with hot and cold water taps plus splashback tiling, shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit and an overhead circular shower, low level flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled flooring with underfloor heating, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, obscure glazed Velux window, inset ceiling downlights, heated towel rail/radiator.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell and enjoying plenty of natural light via Velux window. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 4: (17' 1'' x 9' 10'') (5.20m x 2.99m)
large dormer style window to the front elevation, radiator, moulded skirtings, ornate cast iron fireplace, eaves storage, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: (10' 10'' x 8' 10'') (3.30m x 2.69m)
Velux window to the rear elevation, moulded skirtings, radiator, eaves storage, ceiling light point, loft access.
REAR GARDEN: (34' 0'' x 17' 0'') (10.36m x 5.18m)
enjoying a sunny south-westerly orientation. Accessed internally via the utility room and sitting room, with stone paved sitting out area with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Raised height borders to either side with integral lighting and featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. The remainder of the garden is laid to lawn with useful garden shed and pedestrian gate onto rear access lane. Outside lighting and water tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is a perpetual yearly rentcharge of £6.6s.0d p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.