Southernhay Avenue | Cliftonwood
An incredibly charming and inviting 3 double bedroom Victorian terraced home situated in a peaceful and neighbourly cul-de-sac in the heart of Cliftonwood. Further benefitting from a tasteful interior and a lovely tranquil rear garden.
Full of character and features, this well configured home enjoys an abundance of natural light and a pleasing blend of modern décor with period features.
Superb location within the friendly community of Cliftonwood, enjoying the convenience of being within easy reach of Clifton Village, Bristol's harbourside and all central areas.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway with useful built-in storage and recess beside the staircase with space for bicycles etc., bay fronted sitting room with wide wall opening creating a sociable connection through to the kitchen/dining space, which in turn leads out onto the rear garden.
First Floor: landing, two good sized double bedrooms and a smart family bathroom with airing/boiler cupboard.
Second (Top) Floor: landing, loft room with Velux skylight windows offering wonderful city and harbour views.
Enjoyed by the current family for the last 17 years, this much loved family home offers a superb alternative to a large Clifton apartment.
- An incredibly charming & inviting Victorian terraced home
- 3 double bedrooms
- Lovely tranquil rear gardent bay fronted sitting room
- bay fronted sitting room & Good sized sociable kitchen
- Full of character and features
- Abundance of natural light
- Lovely tranquil rear garden
- A much loved family home
- Superb location in a peaceful & neighbourly cul-de-sac
steps lead up from pavement level to the main front door for the property, which is beside a raised courtyard terraced front garden with outside tap and a lovely cityscape view towards Bristol Cathedral
high ceilings with original ceiling coving, inset spotlights, high level meter cupboard, further various space saving storage cupboards, space for bicycles beside the staircase and understairs storage cupboards. The staircase rises to first floor landing. An original stripped period door leads through into the wonderful semi open plan living/kitchen and dining space.
LIVING ROOM: (14' 3'' into bay x 11' 2'' into chimney recess) (4.34m x 3.40m)
a lovely bright bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, wood burning stove with white marble period surround and slate hearth, bay to front comprising double glazed sliding sash style windows with built-in plantation shutters, built-in bookcasing and cabinets to chimney recesses. Wide wall opening connects through to:-
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (20' 8'' x 9' 10'' in dining area/10'7 in kitchen area) (6.29m x 2.99m/3.23m)
A good sized sociable kitchen/dining space, described separately as follows:-
Kitchen Area: (10' 8'' x 10' 1'') (3.25m x 3.07m)
built-in shaker style kitchen with painted units and woodblock worktop over, inset ceramic sink and drainer unit. Appliance space for range cooker, washing machine, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. Two double glazed sash style windows to rear overlook the rear garden. Contemporary upright radiator, luxury vinyl tiled flooring.
Dining Area: (12' 7'' x 9' 11'') (3.83m x 3.02m)
high ceilings with picture rail, feature chimney recess with built-in glass shelves, luxury vinyl tiled flooring, radiator and double glazed door to rear accessing the rear garden, via a covered walkway providing further outdoor storage and space for drying clothes.
staircase rising to second (top) floor. Doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and family bathroom.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (15' 0'' max into built-in wardrobes x 11' 8'' max) (4.57m x 3.55m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, picture rail and built-in wardrobes. Two sliding double glazed sash style windows to front with built-in plantation shutters, offering wonderful rooftop views over neighbouring buildings towards South Bristol, the city centre and the harbourside.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 6'' x 9' 10'' max into chimney recess) (4.11m x 2.99m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, picture rail, double glazed sliding sash style window to rear, radiator, attractive period fireplace.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (10' 8'' max into boiler cupboard x 7' 6'') (3.25m x 2.28m)
a good sized family bathroom with white suite comprising shower ended bath with system fed shower over and fixed glass shower screen, low level wc, wash hand basin set into a timber counter with storage cabinets beneath and built-in mirror with lighting over, double glazed sliding sash style window to rear with plantation shutters. Double doors accessing a useful Linen Cupboard with built-in storage, which also houses the Vaillant gas boiler.
SECOND (TOP) FLOOR
BEDROOM 3: (17' 7'' max below sloped ceilings x 14' 9'' into recess) (5.36m x 4.49m)
a lovely bright loft converted room providing an additional double bedroom or home office with Velux skylight windows to front and rear, with the front two offering spectacular cityscape views over Bristol’s harbourside. Feature exposed brick chimney breast, low level doors accessing eaves storage space, radiator. Further useful built-in cupboards.
REAR GARDEN: (22' 6'' x 15' 8'') (6.85m x 4.77m)
a fantastic town garden providing a lovely peaceful oasis with decked seating area closest to the property with raised flower border containing various ferns and grasses separating the decked area from the raised artificial lawn section, which also has railway sleeper flower borders containing an established rose and other plants. Brick and fenced boundary walls. Handy gated rear access onto a pedestrian rear access lane. Outdoor tap and covered storage/recycling area.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. We understand that there is a perpetual yearly rent charge of £4.02.0d p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.