Shaplands | Stoke Bishop
A quite unique 5 bedroom, 3/4 reception grade II listed (c 1840) Tudor Revival style detached house with good gardens, off street parking and garage. Originally 2 generous farm cottages and now combined to create a well presented and welcoming Victorian period family home.
Prestigious location near highly regarded Elmlea School, easy for the Downs and convenient for local shopping on Stoke Lane, Stoke Hill, Westbury-on-Trym Village, Henleaze Road, North View and Waitrose with handy access to Whiteladies Road, Clifton Village and the city centre or out of town to the Mall shopping complex at Cribbs Causeway and M5 junction 17.
Ground Floor: reception hall, drawing room, study/gym/wc, music room/family room, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, bathroom/wc.
Outside: delightful gardens (to the front of the property), off street parking, detached garage, shared driveway.
A hidden gem.
- Detached house in discreet and sought after location
- Grade II listed
- Built circa 1840 in Tudor Revival style
- 5 bedrooms
- 3/4 reception rooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- Circa 2,850 sq.ft
- Good sized garden
- Off street parking & detached garage
- Hidden gem
from the 5 bar gate follow the flagstone pathway which leads up to the left hand front door with canopy above (gable ended Juliet balcony) and solid wooden arched chapel style door opens into:-
RECEPTION HALL: 16' 1'' x 13' 3'' (4.90m x 4.04m)
ceiling coving and centre rose, dado rail, stripped wooden floorboards, arched casement windows to the front elevation, radiator, cupboard housing electricity meter, understairs cupboard, stripped wooden doors lead off to the drawing room, music/family room and study/gym and staircase with stripped wooden handrail rises to first floor landing (this is the first of 2 staircases).
DRAWING ROOM: 16' 1'' x 14' 3'' (4.90m x 4.34m)
ceiling cornice and centre rose, inset ceiling downlighters, period style fireplace with stone surround and gas coal effect stove, chapel style wooden casement windows to two elevations, original wooden side door, 2 radiators.
STUDY/GYM/WC: 14' 7'' x 7' 9'' (4.44m x 2.36m)
Velux ceiling skylights, radiator, glazed door leads onto rear courtyard.
white suite comprising wc, Belfast sink set in hardwood surround with splashback and cupboard beneath.
MUSIC/FAMILY ROOM: 16' 1'' x 11' 8'' (4.90m x 3.55m)
ceiling cornice and centre rose, ceiling downlighters, picture rail, period style casement windows to front elevation and radiator.
SITTING ROOM: 17' 9'' x 18' 8'' (5.41m x 5.69m)
ceiling cornice and inset ceiling downlighters, wood burning stove with solid wooden mantle piece and black granite hearth, radiator, wooden part glazed double doors open out onto the rear patio and chapel style bay window overlooks the garden to the front, further original wooden front door, radiators, study area. Central staircase No. 2 rises to the first floor landing and 2 steps down to useful boot and cloaks room and stone archway with wooden half stable door opens into:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 26' 9'' x 12' 4'' (8.15m x 3.76m)
attractive exposed stone wall with wooden beams, range of base units with wooden worksurfaces, inset stainless steel double sink unit with drainer and mixer tap and tiled splashback, integrated Bosch dishwasher, space for range style cooker set into original fireplace surround, space for fridge/freezer, double glazed ceiling skylights and double glazed wooden side windows and further chapel style doorway opens onto the garden, 2 radiators and wooden door opens into:-
UTILITY: 10' 4'' x 9' 0'' (3.15m x 2.74m)
base units with work surface and stainless steel sink unit with drainer and tiled splashbacks, space and plumbing for washing machine and space for dryer, floor mounted Ideal Mexico 2 gas boiler, radiator.
accessed via 2 staircases with radiators and ceiling downlighters and casement windows to front elevation and 2 part glazed doors open onto Juliet balconies to the front of the property. Doors radiate to all rooms on this floor and also to an Airing Cupboard with linen shelving and large hot water tank.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 1'' x 15' 1'' (4.90m x 4.59m)
wooden casement windows to side elevation, ceiling downlighters, radiator, door opens into:
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback, shower cubicle with Mira electric shower and mosaic style wall tiling, double glazed ceiling skylight, tiled floor and heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 2: 12' 6'' x 12' 4'' (3.81m x 3.76m)
double glazed wooden casement windows to rear elevation, pretty period fireplace with cast iron insert and wooden mantlepiece and painted stone surround. Recessed storge cupboard and radiator.
BEDROOM 3: 16' 1'' x 9' 6'' (4.90m x 2.89m)
wooden casement windows to side elevation, radiator, storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 4: 11' 4'' x 9' 2'' (3.45m x 2.79m)
double glazed wooden casement windows to rear elevation, storage cupboard and radiator.
BEDROOM 5: 12' 4'' x 7' 7'' (3.76m x 2.31m)
double glazed window to rear elevation, storage cupboard and radiator.
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback, bath with tiled surround and mains fed Grohe shower over the bath, double glazed wooden casement window to rear elevation, ceiling halogen downlighters, heated towel rail, tiled floor and period fireplace with stone surround and cast iron insert and wooden mantle piece.
irregular in shape – (circa 80ft x 50ft including garage and parking) (24.38m x 15.24m) lawned garden to the front of the property with beautiful Acer and Cherry trees and numerous shrubs and flowering plants within a plethora of flower beds which surround the property and that adorn the fence and hedge boundaries. Further raised sitting out patio (24ft x 20ft) (7.32m x 6.10m) and additional side patio – a lovely private garden. Useful garden store located to the rear of the property and outside tap.
OFF STREET PARKING:
parking for at least one vehicle on the pea shingle driveway behind 5 bar gate and in front of:
DETACHED GARAGE: 19' 0'' x 9' 8'' (5.79m x 2.94m)
stone and block built garage with tiled roof and up and over door and pedestrian access side door. Pitched roof with boarded storage area. Power and light.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.