Seymour Road | Bishopston
A tastefully presented 4 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room Victorian family home. Set in a favourable and popular location close to Gloucester Road, the house benefits from spacious and well-proportioned accommodation including a stylish sitting room, a sociable kitchen/dining room with a separate utility and an attractive, level rear garden.
Coveted location - a popular road in a friendly neighbourhood in the heart of Bishopston with the fantastic independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road just a short level walk away, handy for St Andrew's Park and the Downs and within easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, Whiteladies Road, Bristol University, main hospitals, BBC, plus other local parks at Redland Green and Cotham Gardens.
A lovely atmosphere with many period features including fireplaces, ornate moulded plasterwork, exposed wooden floorboards, etc.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hallway, sitting room, cloakroom/wc, kitchen/breakfast room, utility.
First Floor: landing, 2 double bedrooms, bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing with study space, 2 double bedrooms, shower room.
Outside: attractive level rear garden with useful rear pedestrian access lane.
A chic period home with character features in a desirable and friendly neighbourhood.
- Mid-terraced Victorian period family house
- Open-plan kitchen/breakfast room
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- 32ft rear garden with pedestrian rear access lane
- Having an abundance of period features
- Popular location close to Gloucester Road
- Our vendor client is in the process of buying independently therefore a prompt move is possible
from the pavement, a dwarf brick wall with wrought iron pedestrian gate opens on to a pathway leading to the front entrance. Solid panelled front door with arched window and brass door furniture plus fanlight, opening to:-
exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing and wall light point. Multi-paned door with overlight, opening to:-
L-SHAPED RECEPTION HALL:
continuation of painted wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, ornate ceiling arch, simple moulded cornicing. Staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Understairs storage cupboards, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point, raised height internal window through to the kitchen/breakfast room. Four panelled doors with moulded architraves opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: 14' 11'' x 13' 9'' (4.54m x 4.19m)
the gracious principal reception room having bay window to the front elevation comprising 3 sash windows with half height louvred shutters, central set wood burning stove set upon a slate hearth with ornately carved marble mantlepiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with floating bookshelves), exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, two wall lights, ceiling light point.
low level flush wc, wash handbasin with mixer tap with double opening cupboard below, painted floorboards, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 17' 3'' x 12' 0'' (5.25m x 3.65m)
base level Shaker-style units combining drawers and cabinets with slimline marble effect worktop surface and matching upstands, Franke undermount sink with swan neck mixer tap, fitted bookshelving. Smeg range cooker with five ring gas hob, stainless steel splashback and extractor hood. Integral dishwasher, wood effect flooring, ample space for table and chairs, chimney breast with decorative recess and recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, radiator, two ceiling light points. Double opening wooden double glazed casement doors with overlight overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden. Internal window through to the utility room with part glazed wooden door and overlight, opening to:-
UTILITY ROOM: 8' 4'' x 7' 0'' (2.54m x 2.13m)
sloping ceiling with two Velux windows plus wall to wall double glazed windows overlooking the rear garden. Shaker style base level cupboards with roll edged marble effect worktop surface, ceramic sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over, fitted shelving, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, space for tall fridge/freezer, wood effect flooring, moulded skirtings, radiator.
LANDING: 10' 8'' x 9' 0'' (3.25m x 2.74m) measurements including stairwell
part galleried over the stairwell, moulded skirtings, dado rail, ceiling light point, turning staircase continuing to the second floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Panelled doors with moulded architraves opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: 17' 3'' x 11' 10'' (5.25m x 3.60m)
having three double glazed sash appearance windows to the front elevation, ornate cast iron fireplace with slate hearth and recess to either side of the chimney breast, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: 12' 4'' x 8' 4'' (3.76m x 2.54m)
double glazed sash appearance window overlooking the rear garden, fitted floating book shelving, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM: 12' 0'' x 8' 4'' (3.65m x 2.54m)
free standing bath with wall mounted mixer tap plus handheld shower attachment and splashback tiling. Large shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit, over head circular shower and hand held and fully tiled surround, marble wash stand with under mount oval sink and mixer tap pus cupboards and drawers below. Low level dual flush wc. Part opaque double glazed sash appearance window to the rear elevation, Victorian style radiator with handrail, double opening cupboard, two wall light points, ceiling light point, extractor fan. Airing cupboard housing wall mounted Logic Combi30 gas fired combination boiler.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell incorporating study area, part sloping ceiling with exposed beam and Velux window to the front elevation, eaves storage cupboard, ceiling light point. Doors with moulded architraves opening to:-
BEDROOM 2: 15' 5'' x 9' 9'' (4.70m x 2.97m)
dormer style double glazed window to the rear elevation with radiator below, inset ceiling downlights.
BEDROOM 4: 12' 0'' x 6' 3'' (3.65m x 1.90m)
dormer style double glazed window to the rear elevation with rooftop views, chimney breast with recesses to either side, radiator, ceiling light point.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 7' 5'' x 5' 4'' (2.26m x 1.62m)
low level flush wc with concealed cistern, shower cubicle with built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment plus fully tiled surround, sloping ceiling with Velux window to the front elevation, pedestal wash handbasin with hot and cold water taps, heated towel rail/radiator, wood effect flooring, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
REAR GARDEN: 32' 0'' x 17' 5'' min (9.75m x 5.30m)
immediately to the rear of the kitchen/breakfast room and accessed via double doors there is a patio with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc., raised height railway sleeper border featuring mature shrubs including Bay, Privet and Viburnum. The remainder of the garden is level and principally laid to lawn with further seating area at the far end which enjoys the evening sun, shaped borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs, timber fencing on all three sides with pedestrian access on to rear access pathway.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold and is subject to a perpetual year rent charge of £10. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.