Royal Albert Road | Westbury Park
Situated along this much sought after road in Westbury Park; a beautifully presented and creatively extended 3 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, Victorian period family house of character, having stunning kitchen/family/living space with bi-folding doors to a lovely enclosed rear garden.
A fine period residence (dating from 1874) having plenty of original features such as high ceilings, period fireplaces, moulded plasterwork and sash windows. These blend seamlessly with some well-considered high quality modern improvements such as a ground floor extension with powder coated aluminium bi-folding doors and skylight plus an open vaulted principal bedroom with en-suite shower room.
High quality kitchen having modern/ contemporary base and eye level units, granite worktop surfaces and integrated appliances including 2 electric ovens, tall fridge/freezer, induction hob, downdraft extractor and dishwasher.
The neighbourhood has a great deal to offer. The nearby schools whether state or private are of an excellent standard and are highly regarded, these include Westbury Park Primary (250m), Redland Green Secondary School (850m), Badminton (500m) and Redmaids (700m). The local convenience store is a nearby Waitrose. Just a short walk away there is a fishmonger, two butcher's shops, cafes, good restaurants aplenty including Little French and Prego, a gastro pub and many varied independent local shops to explore as well as the local library and independent cinema. Also at the end of the road is the Downs which offers 400 acres of recreational space as well as Redland Green.
The property has been imaginatively created with great flair and attention to detail by the vendors during their near ten-year stewardship. Some are obvious to the eye and others more subtle such as a rainwater harvesting system.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, bay fronted sitting room, stunning kitchen/family/living space (21ft x 16ft), separate wc/utility.
First Floor: landing, 3 double bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room), family bathroom.
Outside: front courtyard, enclosed and private rear garden with sitting out area and garden shed (light and power connected).
- Beautifully presented & creatively extended
- A Victorian period family house of character
- 3 double bedrooms (one with en-suite shower)
- Bay fronted sitting room
- Stunning kitchen/family/living space
- Plenty of original features
- Front courtyard
- Enclosed and private rear garden
- Council Tax Band: D
from the pavement, a dwarf stone wall with high hedge providing a good amount of privacy plus impressive gate pillars with slate pathway leading alongside the house to the front entrance. Solid wood panelled front door with arched fanlight and external light, opening to:-
inlaid entrance mat and engineered oak flooring, high sloping double glazed ceiling, double opening cloakroom cupboard with hanging rail and shelving, ceiling light point. Part multi-paned wooden door with arched overlight, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance, having an elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail, understair storage area, Victorian style radiator, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Access to discreet undercroft small cellar space approx 80cm high. Four panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
SITTING ROOM: 15' 1'' x 13' 7'' max into bay window (4.59m x 4.14m)
attractive bay window to the front elevation comprising 3 tall sash windows. Central gas fire with cast iron surround, decorative tiled slips, tiled hearth and an ornately carved mantlepiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast, engineered oak flooring, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, Victorian style radiator, ornate ceiling rose with light point. Useful storage cupboard with shelving and light point.
OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING ROOM: 25' 7'' x 17' 9'' decreasing to 13'6 (7.79m x 5.41m/4.11m)
with underfloor heating, loosely divided as follows:
Kitchen/Dining Area: 17' 9'' x 11' 10'' (5.41m x 3.60m)
stylish and well-appointed kitchen comprehensively fitted with an array of handle less soft closing base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets. Roll edged granite worktop surfaces with splashback tiling, undermount 1½ bowl ceramic sink with indented draining board to side and mixer tap over. Integral appliances including Siemens induction hob with extractable downdraft and 2 double ovens. Samsung tall fridge/freezer and Miele dishwasher. Powder coated aluminium bi-folding doors which overlook and open externally to the rear garden plus there is also a large skylight window. Ample space for table and chairs, moulded skirtings, engineered oak flooring, fitted book shelving, 4 ceiling light points, inset ceiling downlights, surround sound speaker. Double opening Airing Cupboard housing hot water cylinder with slatted shelving to side. Single step up to:-
Living Area: 13' 6'' x 12' 9'' (4.11m x 3.88m)
central woodburning stove set into chimney breast with slate hearth and an oak mantle piece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with floating oak book shelves), engineered oak flooring, ceiling surround sound speaker, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlights, ceiling light point. Pantry cupboard with shelving, ceiling light point and space for fridge. Opening to:-
low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern, Belfast style wash hand basin with mixer tap, cupboard below, tiled flooring, Victorian style radiator, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan. Concealed wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired boiler. Concealed stacker system for washing machine and tumble dryer plus cupboard to side and double opening cupboard above.
enjoying plenty of natural light via glazed appearance window to the side elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, 2 ceiling light points. Loft access with pull down ladder. Doors to:-
BEDROOM 1: 19' 10'' x 10' 8'' including en-suite shower room (6.04m x 3.25m)
a stunning and cleverly designed recent addition having an open-vaulted ceiling of 11ft/3.35m with exposed beams. Additionally, being dual aspect with powder coated aluminium double glazed windows to the side and rear elevations. Exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, Victorian style radiator, 2 wall light points, double opening wardrobe with cupboard above plus fitted oak book shelving, wall light point, heated towel rail/radiator. Inset ceiling downlight. Open doorway through to:
En-Suite Shower Room/wc:
low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Walk in style shower with low level shower tray, sliding glass door, built in shower unit, overhead circular shower and handheld shower attachment. Wash hand basin set into granite worktop with wall mounted mixer tap and double opening cupboard below with shaver socket, electric mirror. Tiled flooring with electric underfloor heating, majority tiled walls, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan, skylight window.
BEDROOM 2: 13' 7'' x 16' 2'' (4.14m x 4.92m)
new hardwood wooden double glazed sash window to the front elevation enjoying a pleasant outlook with Victorian style radiator below. Central ornate cast iron fireplace with slate hearth and recesses to either side (one with fitted oak book shelving), exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: 12' 9'' x 8' 6'' (3.88m x 2.59m)
new hardwood wooden double glazed sash window to the rear elevation with Victorian style radiator below, ornate cast iron fireplace with slate hearth and recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
vanity unit with wash hand basin with electric mirror, integrated blu-tooth speaker, shaver socker, low level dual flush wc having concealed cistern. Panelled bath with mixer tap and handheld shower attachment. Tiled flooring with electric underfloor heating, double opening cupboard, heated towel rail/radiator, opaque double glazed window to the front elevation, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
pretty front garden designed for ease of maintenance and enjoying a good amount of privacy via high hedge border. Having built in seating and an established boxed elder.
REAR GARDEN: 30' 0'' x 19' 0'' (9.14m x 5.79m)
having been landscaped by the present owners to provide a private oasis of calm and tranquillity. Immediately to the rear of the kitchen/dining room and accessed via bi-folding doors there is a slate laid patio with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbequing etc. Steps down to the remainder of the garden which is principally laid to lawn and level. Useful garden shed with power and lighting. Shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants, mature shrubs and climbers plus several fruit bushes. Outside water tap, lighting and power.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.