Richmond Road, Montpelier
A most attractive and spacious 4 double bedroom Victorian end terrace property situated in a desirable cul-de-sac in the neighbourly community of Montpelier. Enjoying many retained period features and superb, larger than average (43ft x 16ft) level rear garden.
Set in the vibrant heart of Montpelier close to Picton Street/Cheltenham and Gloucester Road with a wide range of independent shops, cafes, restaurants on the doorstep and St Andrews Park close by. Good transport links - within a few hundred yards of a rail link to Clifton, Redland and Bristol Temple Meads and a useful bus network on Cheltenham Road.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule flows through into entrance hallway with understairs storage space, a superb kitchen with part glazed door onto the garden and wide wall opening with folding doors connecting through to the front reception room (currently used as a dining room). The hallway continues through to a further reception room/ home office, which in turn leads through to the utility room and ground floor shower room/wc.
First Floor: split landing, principal double bedroom (currently used as first floor sitting room), bedroom 2, bedroom 3, family bathroom.
Second Floor: large double bedroom with ensuite/wc and high level door accessing a vast loft storage space.
Outside: a superb larger than average, level rear garden.
Potential for loft conversion, subject to any necessary consents.
A beautiful period home with a calm and civilised atmosphere in peaceful yet highly convenient location to enjoy city living.
- An attractive and spacious Victorian property
- Situated in a desirable cul-de-sac in the neighbourly community of Montpelier
- 4 double bedrooms
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- A 43ft x 16ft level rear garden
- Potential for loft conversion (subject to any necesary consents)
via pathway leading through the courtyard front garden to the main front door to the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 4' 7'' x 3' 7'' (1.40m x 1.09m)
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing and stained-glass panels, high level meter cupboards, coat hooks, original tessellated tiled floor and lovely tall part glazed door leading through into the main entrance hallway.
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, period staircase rising to the first floor landing, radiator and doors leading off to the through kitchen/dining room, reception 2 and further door accessing understairs storage space.
KITCHEN: 14' 6'' x 10' 1'' max into chimney recess (4.42m x 3.07m)
a well-appointed fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with white marble worktop over with inset double Belfast style sink with drainer unit, integrated appliances include stainless steel AEG high level double oven, dishwasher, 5 ring AEG induction hob with glass splashback and stainless steel chimney hood over. Space for American style fridge/freezer, ample storage cupboards and engineered oak flooring. Part glazed door providing seamless access out through to the rear garden and wide wall opening with folding doors connecting through to the dining room.
DINING ROOM: 15' 8'' max into bay windows x 12' 1'' max into chimney recess (4.77m x 3.68m)
a lovely bright reception room with high ceilings and original ceiling cornicing and picture rail, 4 sash windows to front with secondary glazing and original stained glass panels over, engineered oak flooring, radiators, an attractive cast iron period style fireplace with inset tiles and original marble surround and mantle and Living Flame gas fire, built in bookcases to chimney recesses and door connecting through to the entrance hallway.
RECEPTION 2: 14' 1'' x 9' 11'' max (4.29m x 3.02m)
a good sized further reception room, currently used as a home office but would work equally well as a further sitting room, child’s playroom etc. Large sash window to side, built in book casing/storage cupboards, door accessing walk in understairs larder storage cupboard with built in shelving. Further door to rear accesses the utility room, which in turn leads through to a ground floor shower room/wc.
UTIILITY ROOM: 10' 8'' x 6' 11'' (3.25m x 2.11m)
a practical and useful utility space with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer with built in worktop and storage cupboards, Belfast sink, corner cupboard housing an Ideal Mexico gas boiler, tiled floor, door accessing the ground floor shower room/wc and further part glazed door to side accessing the rear garden.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 10' 5'' x 3' 4'' (3.17m x 1.02m)
a white suite comprising a shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, window to rear, radiator, part tiled walls and tiled floor and heated towel rail.
a split landing with a built in storage cupboard, staircase continuing up to the top floor landing and doors off to bedroom 1 (currently used as a sitting room), bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 15' 9'' max into chimney recess x 15' 8'' max into bay (4.80m x 4.77m)
a lovely spacious room, currently arranged as a sitting room but could be the principal bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, wide bay to front comprising 4 sash windows with further sash window to side, all of which are secondary glazed. Wood burning stove set into a period fireplace with wood surround and mantle, built-in bookcases to chimney recesses, exposed stripped floorboards and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 6'' x 10' 4'' max into chimney recess (4.42m x 3.15m)
) a large double bedroom with high ceilings, a period fireplace with tiled hearth, large sash window to rear with secondary glazing and a radiator.
BEDROOM 3: 10' 0'' x 9' 0'' (3.05m x 2.74m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, a large sash window to rear offering a lovely open outlook over the rear and neighbouring gardens, airing cupboard, wardrobe, radiator and built in bookcase.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 8' 3'' x 6' 0'' (2.51m x 1.83m)
a white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, 2 sash windows to side, part tiled walls, tiled floor and heated towel rail.
a door accessing bedroom 4.
BEDROOM 4: 19' 3'' max x 10' 4'' including en suite wc (5.86m x 3.15m)
a large double bedroom, currently used as the main bedroom, with high ceilings, an original fireplace with tiled hearth, radiator and built-in bookcase, large sash window with secondary glazing to rear overlooking the rear and neighbouring gardens, door accessing a cloakroom/wc and further high level door accessing a vast loft storage space, with further potential for conversion, if required and subject to any consents.
small front garden with Victorian tiled pathway leading to the front door with low level boundary wall and flower borders.
Rear: approx 43' 0'' x 16' 0'' (13.10m x 4.87m)
an incredibly peaceful and good sized level rear garden with lawned sections with raised flower borders containing various plants, shrubs and trees. There is a good sized patio seating area which leads through to the rear section of garden with further raised flower borders and compost area. Outside tap, storage sheds and side return courtyard area.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.