Redland Road | Redland
An incredibly spacious (over 2,900 sq.ft.), 5 bedroom, 3 reception room 1930’s family home situated in the heart of Redland, within just 600 metres of Redland Green School. Enjoying a lovely 60ft southerly facing garden, a single garage with electric vehicle charging point and incredibly flexible accommodation.
Magnificent front and rear gardens, with the rear garden enjoying an open southerly aspect, well stocked with plant life and tastefully landscaped with a handy rear access lane through to the garage.
Versatile accommodation with the scale and space typically seen in a substantial Victorian home, perfect for growing families.
Five good sized bedrooms (1 with en-suite), 3 separate reception rooms, separate kitchen/breakfast room and useful storage cellars.
A magnificent family home that offers more than meets the eye with wonderful views, an abundance of natural light and a glorious rear garden.
- Incredibly spacious (over 2,900sq.ft.) 5 double bedroom family home
- Versatile accommodation with generous proportions
- 3 light & bright reception rooms
- Kitchen/breakfast room with separate utility space
- Useful cellar storage
- Magnificent front & rear gardens with rear access
- Single garage with charging point
- Wonderful city scape views with countryside beyond
- Located the heart of Redland
- Within 600m of Redland Green School
via garden gate and pathway leading through the pretty front garden to an archway which leads through a covered entrance where there are original double doors providing the main entrance to the house.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 24' 5'' x 7' 0'' (7.44m x 2.13m)
a generous wide welcoming entrance hallway with high ceilings, picture rail and engineered oak flooring. Original staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to the lower ground floor, radiator and doors off to the sitting room, dining room and kitchen/breakfast room.
SITTING ROOM: 20' 0'' x 13' 11'' (6.09m x 4.24m)
a well-proportioned sitting room with wide bay window to front comprising superb double glazed period style windows. There are high ceilings with ceiling coving, an attractive period cast iron fireplace with built in storage and open shelving to chimney recess, exposed stripped floorboards and two radiator.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: 14' 11'' x 14' 1'' (4.54m x 4.29m)
a good sized second reception room with high ceilings, picture rail, original exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and a wide double glazed picture window to rear overlooking the rear and neighbouring gardens.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 17' 6'' x 10' 0'' (5.33m x 3.05m)
a sociable kitchen/breakfast room with a range of base and eye level pine kitchen units with worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for dishwasher, oven and fridge/freezer. Under unit lighting, vinyl tile flooring, radiator, dual aspect windows to rear and side, with the rear taking in a wonderful southerly view over the roof tops of Redland towards the Wills Tower, Cabot Tower and Dundry in the distance.
original doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 5 and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: 15' 0'' x 11' 2'' (4.57m x 3.40m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, double glazed windows to front, radiator and built in wardrobes and storage cupboards.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 11'' x 10' 0'' (4.54m x 3.05m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, double glazed window to rear offering a breath taking view over the city. Radiator, sink with storage cabinet beneath and built-in wardrobe to chimney recess.
BEDROOM 3: 12' 3'' x 10' 0'' (3.73m x 3.05m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, double glazed window to rear, offering a similar outlook as bedroom 2, corner cupboard, wood effect laminated flooring and a radiator.
BEDROOM 5: 13' 9'' x 7' 9'' (4.19m x 2.36m)
a single bedroom or home office with double glazed windows to front, recessed wardrobe, high ceilings, picture rail and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 9' 3'' x 8' 3'' (2.82m x 2.51m)
a white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, double glazed windows and a heated towel rail.
a Velux skylight window to front and useful study landing area with door through to bedroom 4.
BEDROOM 4: 18' 3'' x 13' 5'' (5.56m x 4.09m)
a loft converted double bedroom with Velux skylight windows to front and rear, with the rear window offering incredible far reaching views. Door accesses an en suite bathroom/wc and low level door accesses loft storage space. Two radiators.
En-Suite Bathroom/wc: 7' 5'' x 6' 10'' (2.26m x 2.08m)
a white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, radiator and Velux window.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Incredibly useful flexible lower ground floor accommodation as follows:
a spacious landing with original parquet flooring, built in storage cupboards and doors accessing reception 3/family room, utility room, which in turn accesses a rear lobby and cloakroom/wc, understairs storage cupboards and storage cellars.
RECEPTION 3/FAMILY ROOM: 25' 0'' x 13' 11'' (7.61m x 4.24m)
a fabulous large through reception room, which could be arranged for a number of purposes including potential for moving the kitchen down to the lower ground floor as the room benefits from direct access through sliding patio doors to the south easterly facing rear garden. The room has parquet flooring, period style fireplace, high ceilings and two radiators.
UTILITY ROOM: 9' 4'' x 7' 6'' (2.84m x 2.28m)
a range of base level units with worktop over with inset sink and plumbing and appliance space for washing machine. Window to side and door accessing rear lobby, which in turn has a part glazed door through to the rear garden and door accessing the cloakroom/wc.
CLOAKROOM/WC: 6' 6'' x 5' 5'' (1.98m x 1.65m)
low level wc, pedestal wash basin, double glazed window to rear and wall mounted Vaillant gas boiler.
there is a useful internal storage space running beneath a portion of the hallway and sitting room, providing a useful additional storage space with a door accessing a temperature controlled wine store. The cellar space also houses the fuse box for electrics.
the property is set well back from the pavement and roadside with a tastefully landscaped front garden containing a rich array of plants and shrubs.
REAR GARDEN: 60' 0'' x 20' 0'' (18.27m x 6.09m)
a glorious south easterly facing private rear garden enjoying much of the day’s sunshine with generous paved seating area closest to the property leading through a curved edged lawn section with well stocked flower borders through an arbour to the bottom section of garden where there are raised railway sleeper vegetable beds, some Silver Birch trees, a garden shed and gated access to a rear pathway which leads to the garages, accessed via a vehicular width lane off Redland Road.
GARAGE: 18' 1'' x 8' 0'' (5.51m x 2.44m)
a single garage in a rank of 4 garages. The garage for No. 170 is the third from the left. Single garage with pitched roof and electric car charging point.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.