Redland Grove, Redland
A beautifully appointed and balanced, 4/5 bedroom, 3 reception room, bay fronted two-storey Victorian period semi-detached family home, with 28ft kitchen/dining room, off street parking for 4 cars and south-westerly facing rear garden. An impressive residence offering generously proportioned, well-presented and bright accommodation over two main levels with, additional cellar. Enjoying an open aspect to Cotham Gardens Park / Lovers' Walk and within easy reach of the amenities on Whiteladies Road and Gloucester Road. The renowned Kensington Arms is just around the corner as well as The Shakespeare. Redland local train station is also a short walk away giving easy access to Bristol Temple Meads and the city centre. Good local schooling at Cotham Gardens Primary and Cotham Secondary as well as a number of private schools including Bristol Grammar School and QEH. Ground Floor: reception hall, drawing room, study, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, utility room, separate WC, cellar rooms. First Floor: landing, four double bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room), occasional 5th bedroom, family bath/ shower room. Outside: front garden, driveway parking for 4 cars, delightful south west facing rear garden (45ft x 30ft). Our vendor clients have already secured a property with no onward chain so a prompt move is therefore possible. Wooden double glazed windows with Victorian style radiator on the ground floor. A real gem of a property in an acutely sought after location.
- A gorgeous semi-detached Victorian period villa
- Bath stone and bay fronted main facade
- Principally arranged over two levels
- 4/5 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 28ft kitchen / dining room
- Driveway parking with space for 4 cars
- Delightful south-west facing rear garden (45ft x 30ft)
- Double glazed wooden sash windows and Victorian style radiators
- Lovely outlook over Lovers' Walk / Cotham Gardens Park
from the pavement, impressive gate pillars opening onto a brick paviored driveway which gives access to the front entrance. Part stained glass wooden door with brass door furniture, side panels and overlight, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (23' 0'' x 6' 7'') (7.01m x 2.01m)
a most welcoming entrance to this family home, having inlaid entrance mat plus tessellated tiled flooring leading to engineered oak flooring. Elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with mahogany handrail and ornately carved spindles. Tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling rose. Victorian style radiator and ceiling light point. Door with staircase descending to the cellar. Six-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (18' 10'' x 15' 4'' into bay window) (5.74m x 4.67m)
a gracious principal reception room having wide bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows with working shutters. Central period fireplace with coal effect gas fire, slate hearth and ornately carved stone mantelpiece. Engineered oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, ceiling light point and two Victorian style radiators.
STUDY: (15' 5'' x 10' 8'') (4.70m x 3.25m)
tall arched sash window to the front elevation with working shutters, central period fireplace with ornately carved wooden mantelpiece, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, Victorian style radiator and ceiling light point.
built-in slatted shelving, ample hanging rail and additional shelving space, wall light point.
SITTING ROOM: (17' 10'' x 14' 4'') (5.43m x 4.37m)
virtually full width bay window to the rear elevation enjoying a south-westerly orientation overlooking the rear garden and having working shutters. Central period fireplace with cast iron surround, slate hearth and ornately carved wooden mantelpiece. Wood effect flooring, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, two Victorian style radiators and ceiling light point. Four-panelled door opening to:-
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (28' 4'' x 12' 9'') (8.63m x 3.88m)
loosely divided as follows:
Kitchen: (14' 2'' x 11' 5'') (4.31m x 3.48m)
a shaker style kitchen by John Lewis comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units combining drawers, cabinets and shelving. Roll edged granite worktops with matching upstands and pelmet lighting. Ceramic central sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over. Brittania range cooker set into recess with attractive ornately carved mantelpiece and extractor fan with integral lighting. Integral dishwasher, space for American style fridge/freezer, Karndean flooring, coved ceiling, ceiling light point. Open walkway to:-
Dining Area: (13' 2'' x 12' 0'') (4.01m x 3.65m)
being part orangery with multi-paned windows and high sloping glass roof which provides lots of light and a very pleasant outlook over the well stocked rear garden. Karndean flooring, moulded skirtings, vertical style Victorian radiator plus additional low level radiator. Part multi-paned double doors opening externally. Part glazed door to:-
UTILITY ROOM: (9' 7'' x 4' 4'') (2.92m x 1.32m)
roll edged granite effect worktop, stainless steel sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over, splashback tiling, double cupboard below, space and plumbing for washing machine, window to rear elevation, heated towel rail/radiator, two ceiling light points. Part multi-paned door opening externally to the rear garden. Door to:-
low level dual flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap, obscure glazed window to the rear elevation, Karndean flooring, radiator, ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with mahogany handrail and ornately carved spindles, large obscure triple glazed skylight window providing natural light, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, wall light point and ceiling light point. Useful cupboard with slatted shelving. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (15' 3'' x 15' 3'') (4.64m x 4.64m)
a pair of arched sash windows enjoying a very pleasant outlook to the front elevation, twin double opening built-in wardrobes with cupboards above, moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point. Four-panelled door opening to:-
En-Suite Shower Room:
shower cubicle with built-in shower unit plus handheld shower attachment and overhead circular shower. Wash hand basin with cupboard below and splashback tiling. Low level dual flush wc. Tiled flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, two wall light points, obscure multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 1'' x 11' 6'') (4.59m x 3.50m)
sash window to the rear elevation, period fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, built-in wardrobe, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Door to:-
OCCASIONAL 5TH BEDROOM/NURSERY: (13' 2'' x 6' 10'') (4.01m x 2.08m)
sash window to the rear elevation, period fireplace, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (15' 3'' x 10' 7'') (4.64m x 3.22m)
arched sash window to the front elevation, period fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, airing cupboard with hot water tank and shelving, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 4: (13' 11'' x 13' 3'' max into bay) (4.24m x 4.04m)
bay window to the rear elevation comprising three sash appearance windows overlooking the garden, period fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Cupboard with space for tumble dryer.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM: (10' 8'' x 7' 10'') (3.25m x 2.39m)
roll top bath with mixer tap and telephone style shower attachment. Shower cubicle with wall mounted electric shower and handheld shower attachment. Pedestal wash hand basin with splashback tiling. Low level flush wc. Period fireplace, obscure multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, tiled flooring, heated towel rail/radiator, two wall light points, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
Comprising three useful storage rooms with light and power connected
the house enjoys a good amount of privacy courtesy of a high hedge border along the front boundary wall, shaped borders featuring an array of mature shrubs and two apple trees. Gated access to the rear garden.
brick paviored driveway space for up to four cars
REAR GARDEN: (45' 0'' x 30' 0'') (13.71m x 9.14m)
enjoying a sunny south-westerly orientation. The present owner has greatly enhanced the space with attention to detail and clever usage of flowering plants, mature shrubs and specimen trees. Designed for ease of maintenance with multiple sitting out areas providing ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. External light and tap
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.