Portland Street | Kingsdown
An elegant and fine 4 bedroom, 2 reception grade II listed late Georgian (circa 1790) townhouse with beautiful southerly facing courtyard garden and impressive 3 car garage with large loft.
Well presented throughout, retaining many period features – a house of sophistication and character.
Enjoys a convenient position on the doorstep of so much and yet tucked away off the main thoroughfares. The house is close to Bristol University, BRI/main hospital complex, the BBC and the local shopping facilitates of High Kingsdown, Cotham Hill, Gloucester Road and Whiteladies Road. Cotham Secondary, St Michaels on the Mount C of E Primary and St Peter and Paul RC Primary Schools are all close by, with the independent Bristol Grammar School only a little further afield. Kingsdown Sport centre is just a short stroll down the road.
Raised Hall Floor: kitchen/breakfast room, family/dining room.
Lower Ground Floor: Vaulted laundry/utility area.
First Floor: landing, sitting room, bedroom 2, bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with ensuite/Jack and Jill shower room/wc, bedroom 3, bedroom 4.
Outside: small front garden, beautiful southerly facing courtyard garden, impressive 3 car garage at the end of the garden rebuilt in 1999.
A period gem.
- Georgian Townhouse with 3 car Garage
- 4 beds, 2 reception rooms
- Beautifully presented
- Southerly facing Garden
- Extensive garage with loft
- Grade II Listed
from the pavement, flag stone steps lead up to the solid wooden front door with etched fan light above which opens into:-
ceiling cornice, tiled floor with inset floormat, part glazed with decorative etching wooden door opens into:-
ceiling cornice, dado rail, stripped wooden floorboards, radiator, doors radiate to the family room/dining room to the front and kitchen/breakfast room to the rear, and door to steps which lead down to the lower ground floor, and staircase with stripped wooden handrail and dado rail rises to first floor landing.
FAMILY/DINING ROOM: 14' 4'' x 13' 8'' (4.37m x 4.16m)
ceiling cornice and dado rail with panelling to two shallow bays with sash windows above. Period style fireplace with cast iron insert, tiled reveals, mantlepiece and hearth, built-in low level cupboards to both chimney recesses with bookcases above, stripped wooden floorboards, radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 19' 5'' x 18' 6'' (5.91m x 5.63m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, stripped wooden floorboards, sash window with working shutters to rear elevation overlooking the courtyard garden with window seat, two part glazed wooden doors open onto the rear garden, radiator with slate display shelf over. Base and wall mounted units with black slate worksurfaces, built-in gas hob and electric double oven, space for fridge and dishwasher. 1½ bowl stainless steel sink unit with drainer unit and mixer tap, display shelving, flagstone floor area in front of sink.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Steps lead down from the hall to vaulted laundry/utility area with plumbing for washing machine, Belfast sink, useful storage area with glazed well providing natural light, low level opening to further restricted access storage area (previously the area which occupied the cold water tank of the house).
ceiling cornice, dado rail, radiator, doors radiate to all rooms on this floor including:-
SITTING ROOM: 18' 3'' x 14' 4'' (5.56m x 4.37m)
ceiling cornice, picture rail, two sash windows set in shallow bays with low level panelling and working shutters. Period fireplace with cast iron insert and gas coal-effect fire with slate hearth, stripped wooden floorboards, radiator. Door leads off to walk-through cupboard (airing room- also accessed from bedroom 2).
BEDROOM 2: 12' 7'' x 12' 1'' (3.83m x 3.68m)
sash window to rear elevation, picture rail, period style fireplace with cast iron insert and tiled reveals, stripped wooden floorboards, radiator and stripped wooden door opens to:-
Airing room: 7' 1'' x 6' 7'' (2.16m x 2.01m)
Wall mounted Worcester gas boiler, useful linen shelving and storage and hanging rail, hot water tank, stripped wooden floorboards.
white suite comprising low level wc with concealed cistern, circular cantilevered wash handbasin with large mirror and marble shelf, panelled bath with concealed pipework and handheld shower attachment and tiled surround, sash window to rear elevation, ceiling cornice and downlighters, radiator.
stairs rise from first landing to the second floor landing where a short staircase provides secondary access to shower/wc, and the main landing with stripped wooden floorboards, picture rail, ceiling loft hatch, Velux double glazed ceiling skylight, door to bedroom 1 and opening to inner hallway (with further access to loft space) and doors radiating off to bedrooms 3 and 4.
BEDROOM 1: 18' 3'' x 12' 6'' (5.56m x 3.81m)
ceiling cornice, sash window to rear elevation, range of built-in wardrobes and cupboards, pretty period fireplace with cast iron insert and surround, radiator, door opening to:-
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash handbasin, shower with tiled surround and mains-fed Grohe shower with drench rose and further handheld shower attachment and concertina shower shield, tiled floor, double glazed high level window, Wainscoting to 4ft height and further door leads back to stairwell allowing this ensuite shower room to serve as a Jack and Jill shower room/wc if required.
BEDROOM 3: 14' 6'' x 8' 4'' (4.42m x 2.54m)
sash window to front elevation with secondary glazing unit, pretty period fireplace with cast iron insert and surround, radiator, ceiling cornice, built-in wardrobes/ cupboards.
BEDROOM 4: 10' 9'' x 9' 7'' (3.27m x 2.92m)
ceiling cornice, sash window to front elevation and radiator.
small front garden with bushes, gas meter and beautiful period iron railings.
REAR COURTYARD GARDEN: 31' 0'' x 18' 0'' (9.44m x 5.48m)
an oasis of calm; a beautiful and well-tended courtyard garden in its purest sense with high stone surrounding walls and lovely sitting out flag stone patio areas with small lawned area and well stocked flower borders with (amongst others) Wisteria, Jasmine and Bay. Metal framework with roses, bespoke small water feature, and door leading into the back of the garage (the 2 stone water troughs and a fern will NOT remain).
3 CAR GARAGE: 32' 4'' x 18' 7'' (9.85m x 5.66m)
accessed off Henrietta Street- excellent garage rebuilt in 1999 with roller shutter door, inspection pit, wc, stainless steel sink unit, power, light. Workshop (partitioned off within garage) with further power and light points, work bench. Open wooden steps lead up to boarded loft with four ceiling skylights, power and light – excellent for storage.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold and subject to a £36 perpetual yearly rent charge. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.