Oakfield Road | Clifton
Set in a classic grade II listed Georgian style terrace; a bright and spacious 2 bedroom garden maisonette with basement area, larger than average private garden and off-street parking, and access to attractive communal gardens.
Located a stone’s throw away from Whiteladies Road, offering a wide range of bars, cafes, restaurants, a new Marks & Spencer’s, bus and rail transport links, whilst handy for The Triangle, Clifton Village and the vast green open space of the Downs.
Very pleasant communal gardens private to the residents of South Parade Mansions only.
Situated within the Clifton East (CE) Residents Parking Zone in addition to parking to the rear.
Bedrooms over two levels, with further workshops space in the basement area.
A grade II listed terrace of 13 houses built c1840.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, sitting room, bedroom 1, bathroom/wc and kitchen.
Upper Floor: bedroom 2.
Basement: vaulted storage room, occasional bedroom, inner hallway/pantry/sauna room.
Outside: an attractive low maintenance rear garden which is one of the largest in the terrace with pedestrian access onto the rear parking area for the building.
A bright and spacious period maisonette with a private entrance, good ceiling height, a useable basement and rear garden.
- Set in a classic grade II listed Georgian style terrace
- A bright and spacious garden maisonette
- 2 bedrooms (13'7 x 11'10 and 9'8 x 9'2)
- Sitting room (15'8 x 15'2)
- Dual aspect kitchen (12'10 x 9'1)
- Basement with storage room & occasional bedroom
- Private entrance
- Attractive low maintenance rear garden
- Off street parking
the property is approached via a pedestrian gate through iron railings with pathway extending to the left and down a short flight of turning steps leading to a small storm porch area underneath the stairs to the upper flats’ hallway. Outside lighting, intercom entry phone and obscured glazed multi locking period style door into:-
a long hallway which provides access to all principal rooms on the main floor. Two radiators, dado rail, ceiling moulding, twin ceiling roses, glazed door onto side elevation which opens onto garden. Open staircase rising to upper floor and further door providing access to basement. Intercom entry phone
SITTING ROOM: (15' 8'' x 15' 2'') (4.77m x 4.62m)
wood framed sash window to front elevation overlooking front courtyard and communal gardens, radiator, full size ceilings continue from the hallway and wooden flooring throughout. Moulded ceilings, central ceiling rose, cast iron fireplace with decorative tiled surround and wooden mantle.
BEDROOM 1: (13' 7'' x 11' 10'') (4.14m x 3.60m)
wood framed sash window to rear elevation overlooking garden with deep sill. Radiator, built in mirrored wardrobes and full sized ceilings continue.
accessed from the hallway, bathroom suite comprising acrylic bath with mixer tap and exposed variable thermostatically controlled mixer shower, shower side screen, fully tiled walls and floor, mirrored medicine cabinet, ceiling mounted extractor fan, mains fed heated towel rail, hand basin with mixer tap set into vanity unit and wc with concealed cistern and undercounter cupboards with low level LED lighting.
KITCHEN: (12' 10'' x 9' 1'') (3.91m x 2.77m)
dual aspect room with windows to rear elevation overlooking private rear garden and further double doors opening onto side garden. Full sized ceilings continue along with tiled floor throughout, radiator and space for breakfast table. Fitted kitchen comprising rounded edged granite work surfaces, eye and floor level wooden kitchen units with display cabinet. Integrated electric oven, space for dishwasher, space for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, integrated fridge/freezer and wall mounted Worcester Greenstar 30SI combi mark III condensing boiler.
A short flight of steps leads up to the half landing which provides access to the bedroom, which is positioned at the hall floor level of the main building. A further short run of three steps provides access to a walk-in wardrobe with lighting.
BEDROOM 2: (9' 8'' x 9' 2'') (2.94m x 2.79m)
accessible from the landing; wood framed sash window to side elevation, built in wardrobes and walk-in cupboard, moulded ceilings, ceiling rose and radiator.
Accessible from the main hallway; a 90 degree turning staircase leads down from the main hallway with wall mounted modern metal enclosed electric consumer unit. The staircase leads down to a vaulted basement area with varying ceiling height levels. The area has a tiled floor throughout and is divided into three distinct sections.
VAULTED STORAGE ROOM:
with standing height ceilings and lighting.
OCCASIONAL BEDROOM: (14' 3'' x 5' 9'') (4.34m x 1.75m)
standing height vaulted ceilings, radiator and wall mounted extractor fan.
INNER HALLWAY/PANTRY/SAUNA ROOM:
a larger inner hallway with good headroom acts as a utility area with radiator. Tiled flooring continues and has been partitioned off to one corner with a former sauna room, which now acts as a substantial pantry cupboard. Acrylic bath
L shaped garden with outside water supply and lighting. Currently arranged as a low maintenance garden with 2 distinct areas; a block paved area to side, accessed from the kitchen with small outdoor shed. This opens to a wider garden section with paving stones around a central stone-chipped area with stone walls to the sides and iron railings to the rear elevation providing a rear boundary with pedestrian gate onto parking area. This garden is notably longer than the other gardens in the terrace
it is understood that the residents of 57 South Parade Mansions have exclusive access to two parking spaces immediately to the rear. There are a further four ‘first come, first served’ parking spaces which are shared with four other blocks in South Parade Mansions. Our client has always used the space immediately behind their garden.
to the front of the property there is an attractive 180ft communal garden shared between the residents of South Parade Mansions. Communal bin storage is also provided.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 November 1991. We understand that there is a peppercorn rent of £1 p.a. The land is subject to a perpetual yearly rent charge of £5.10s.0d dated 1845. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £60. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.