Nugent Hill, Cotham
A stylish and most attractive 4 double bedroom 2 storey semi-detached period home full of period character and features and offering tastefully landscaped front and rear gardens and the rare benefit of a garage. Wonderful lateral space including a fabulous 22ft x 16ft recently renovated kitchen/dining room with 2 adjoining reception rooms, offering flexibility and a pleasing layout. Significantly improved and maintained by the current owners over the last 4 years including a new roof, upgraded electrics and a renovated kitchen/dining space. Situated in the heart of Cotham, a surprisingly peaceful area given its central and convenient situation. The city centre and all central areas are within walking distance as are Cotham Gardens Park, Redland train station and excellent schools including Cotham and Bristol Grammar. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule leads through into a central hallway with understairs storage cupboard and recessed butler’s pantry, exceptional 18ft x 13ft sitting room, 2 further reception rooms flow through into a magnificent 22ft x 16ft farmhouse style kitchen/dining room with log burning stove, which directly accesses the rear garden. Ground floor cloakroom/wc. First Floor: landing, 4 double bedrooms, a smart shower room/wc and separate family bathroom/wc. Outside: pretty front garden with gated access through to a sunny south easterly facing city garden with steps down into a garage (accessed externally off Victoria Walk). A bright, engaging and characterful 2 storey family home in a superb central location.
- A stylish and most attractive 2 storey semi-detached period home
- 4 double bedrooms & 3 reception rooms (2243 sq ft)
- The rare benefit of a garage + residents parking
- Tastefully landscaped front and rear gardens
- Many original period features
- Surprisingly peaceful, yet central location.
via stone pillars and wrought iron garden gate accessing a landscaped pathway leading through a well stocked front garden with various shrubs and trees and continuing up the left hand side of the property where you will find the main front door to the house.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 7' 3'' x 5' 3'' (2.21m x 1.60m)
an attractive period stained glass window to the side, tiled flooring, period style radiator and part glazed period door leading through into the entrance hallway.
central entrance hallway and stairwell with staircase rising up to the first floor landing with a generous understairs storage cupboard, exposed stripped floorboards, cast iron period style radiator, door off to sitting room and further doorway leading through into the inner hallway, where there are in turn doors off to reception 2/family room and reception 3/study which in turn leads through to the kitchen/dining room. Further door leads off to ground floor cloakroom/wc, recessed walk in storage cupboard with built in sideboard and door opening accessing a butler’s pantry with built in original dresser.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 18' 3'' max into chimney recess x 13' 8'' (5.56m x 4.16m)
a fabulous elegant sitting room with high ceilings, original cornicing and central ceiling rose, 2 large sash windows to front with working wooden shutters, exposed period floorboards, built in bookcase shelving, feature stone fireplace with log burning stove and shelving to chimney recesses beside and cast iron period style radiators.
RECEPTION 2: 11' 3'' x 11' 0'' (3.43m x 3.35m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, flagstone floors and wide wall opening connecting through to the kitchen/dining space.
RECEPTION 3/STUDY: 11' 5'' x 10' 9'' max into chimney recess (3.48m x 3.27m)
high ceilings, feature exposed brick fireplace and two wall openings connecting through to the kitchen/dining space.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: 22' 5'' x 16' 9'' (6.83m x 5.10m)
a fabulous sociable family sized kitchen/dining room with wonderful high pitched roof with 6 skylight windows flooding the space with natural light, further eye level windows to rear and side and wide double doors to rear connecting to the rear garden. The kitchen comprises base level units with marble effect worktop over and inset double Belfast style sink, integrated dishwasher, plumbing and appliance space for range cooker and American style fridge/freezer, log burning stove, ample space for sitting and dining furniture, flagstone flooring and period style radiators.
an impressive cloakroom with feature arched stained glass window to side, period wc and wash hand basin, flagstone flooring and cast iron radiator.
a generous central landing with high level glazed panels to side offering plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell, doors off to all 4 bedrooms, family bathroom/wc and separate shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) 15' 3'' x 11' 7'' (4.64m x 3.53m)
a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings, an attractive period cast iron fireplace, sash window to rear offering a pleasant outlook over neighbouring gardens to Fremantle Square and a period cast iron radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (front) 13' 8'' x 10' 3'' max into chimney recess (4.16m x 3.12m)
double bedroom with sash window to front, period style radiator and picture rail.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 11' 8'' x 11' 7'' (3.55m x 3.53m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, loft hatch with pull down ladder accessing loft storage space, feature fireplace, sash window to rear and cast iron period style radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 13' 9'' x 8' 8'' max into chimney recess (4.19m x 2.64m)
sash window to front, exposed stripped floorboards, picture rail, period style fireplace and radiator. Loft hatch.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 10' 4'' x 5' 0'' (3.15m x 1.52m)
a walk in wet room style shower with dual headed system fed shower and central draining floor with alcove shelving, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin with mosaic tiled splashbacks and built in mirror and lighting, part tiled walls, tiled floor, inset spotlights, extractor fan and chrome effect heated towel rail.
white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over, low level wc, wash hand basin, inset spotlights, extractor fan, underfloor heating and sash window to front.
tastefully landscaped front garden with pathway weaving through raised flower borders containing various shrubs and trees, built in bench seat with Silver Birch trees behind, handy gated side access with side passage through to the back garden providing a useful area for recycling, wood stores etc. There is also the gas metre and outside tap.
Rear: approx 26' 0'' x 23' 0'' inclusive of terrace over garage (7.92m x 7.01m)
landscaped rear garden mainly laid to paving, gated side access to front, steps leading down into the garage and further steps lead to a wonderful raised patio seating area above the garage which enjoys an open sunny side aspect.
GARAGE: Internal measurement of 15' 9'' x 11' 2'' (4.80m x 3.40m)
remote controlled roller-shutter garage door provide the vehicular access into the garage from Victoria Walk, windows to rear and side looking onto the rear garden and provide natural light, part glazed door at the rear of the garage and steps leading up into the rear garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.