Napier Road, Redland
A very special 5/6 double bedroom, 3/4 reception room, Victorian period semi-detached residence on one of Redland's most coveted roads, located within 550 metres of Redland Green Secondary School. Offers accommodation of circa 3,150 sq. ft., with useful cellar rooms, front and rear gardens, driveway parking for up to 4 cars and storage garage. Lovely well-balanced accommodation principally over two main floors with handsomely sized principal rooms including impressive hall and landing, period features and lots of natural light. Has a very civilised and comfortable, peaceful, leisured atmosphere. Also offers useful cellar rooms and storage garage. Coveted location: arguably one of Redland's and the city’s most favoured roads, a friendly neighbourhood within c. 0.25 miles of Whiteladies Road/Blackboy Hill, handy for the Downs, Redland Green park nearby, easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, Bristol University, schools, hospitals, BBC etc. and within the Redland Green School AFP at c. 25m distance. Wooden multi-paned double glazed sash windows (by M & P Joinery) with working shutters. Well presented, gracious accommodation with many nice touches and is now to be sold for the first time in nearly 30 years. Ground Floor: entrance porch, reception hall, drawing room, sitting room, study, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom/wc. Basement Cellar Rooms: rooms 1, 2 and 3 with connecting passageway. First Floor: main and mezzanine landings, 5 double bedrooms, family bathroom, additional shower room, airing cupboard. Second staircase leading to second study/occasional 6th bedroom. Outside: level lawned front garden with deep shrub borders with off-street driveway parking for up to four cars behind vehicular double gates, charming walled rear garden with two crab apple trees.
- Semi-detached Victorian period family house
- 5/6 double bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- Kitchen/breakfast room with Rayburn
- Useful basement cellar rooms
- Gated driveway parking for up to 4 cars
- Front and rear gardens
- Located within 550 metres of Redland Green Secondary School
- Storage garage
- To be sold with no onward chain.
via brick paviored driveway. Solid wood panelled front door with lantern light to side and fanlight, opening to:-
ENTRANCE PORCH: (8' 4'' x 5' 2'') (2.54m x 1.57m)
inlaid entrance mat and travertine tiled flooring, window to front, skylight window, radiator. Panelled pocket door with staircase ascending to the second study/occasional 6th bedroom. Part glazed door with overlight opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (21' 1'' x 6' 9'') (6.42m x 2.06m)
a most welcoming entrance to this spacious family home having an elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with sweeping handrail and ornately carved spindles, oak flooring, storage cupboards and drawers, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, radiator, two wall light points, ceiling light point. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (17' 11'' x 15' 0'' max into bay window) (5.46m x 4.57m)
virtually full width bay window to the front elevation comprising three tall sash windows with working shutters. Inset woodburning stove set upon a slate hearth with slate slips and ornately carved Carrera marble mantelpiece. Tall moulded skirtings, concealed radiator, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
SITTING ROOM: (16' 0'' x 12' 3'') (4.87m x 3.73m)
bay window to the rear elevation comprising three tall multi-paned sash windows and working shutters. Moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, concealed radiator, ceiling light point.
STUDY: (13' 2'' x 9' 11'') (4.01m x 3.02m)
tall sash window to the front elevation with working shutters, period fireplace with recesses to either side (one with fitted cupboards and drawers), oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point.
low level flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, panelled walls to dado height, oak flooring, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (29' 7'' x 9' 11'' max) (9.01m x 3.02m)
loosely divided as follows:
Kitchen: (15' 11'' x 9' 11'') (4.85m x 3.02m)
bespokely designed and installed by renowned Artichoke Kitchens. Shaker style base and eye level units with a combination of drawers, cabinets, shelving and wine rack. Roll edged granite worktops with splashback tiling and 1 ½ bowl stainless steel sink, racing green gas fired Rayburn (which serves the central heating and water). Space for American style fridge/freezer, integral dishwasher, oak flooring, inset ceiling downlights. Wide walkway through to:-
Breakfast Area: (14' 3'' x 9' 1'') (4.34m x 2.77m)
dual aspect with sash windows to the side and rear elevations plus double opening multi-paned doors overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden with feature overlight window. High sloping ceilings with skylight window, oak flooring, radiator, ceiling light point, four wall light points.
BASEMENT CELLAR ROOMS: (27' 8'' x 13' 6'') (8.43m x 4.11m)
accessed via steps down from reception hall, divided into three main rooms with concrete floor and connecting passageway.
with space and plumbing for two washing machines and tumble dryer, Belfast style sink with hot and cold water taps, illuminate strip light, main switchboard control.
currently used as a wine cellar and storage area.
currently used as a workshop with illuminate strip light.
MAIN & MEZZANINE LANDINGS:
impressive internal opaque glass lantern light, tall moulded skirtings, part galleried landing with handrail and ornately carved spindles, ceiling light point, radiator. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (17' 11'' x 15' 1'') (5.46m x 4.59m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising three multi-paned sash windows and enjoying a pleasant outlook over Napier Road. Moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (17' 7'' decreasing to 14'5 x 12' 3'') (5.36m/4.39m x 3.73m)
bay window to the rear elevation comprising three multi-paned sash windows, moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (13' 2'' x 9' 0'') (4.01m x 2.74m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, a range of built-in wardrobes with cupboards above, radiator, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 4: (16' 3'' x 10' 5'') (4.95m x 3.17m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: (16' 8'' x 10' 5'') (5.08m x 3.17m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, radiator, ceiling light point, wall light point, raised height access to loft storage.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (8' 8'' x 6' 9'') (2.64m x 2.06m)
panelled bath with mixer tap plus shower screen and handheld shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wash hand basin with cupboards and drawers below and splashback tiling. Underfloor heating, LED lighting set into bath panel, heated towel rail/radiator, part opaque multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan. NB: the wall mounted mirrored cupboard is not included.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (6' 7'' x 6' 2'') (2.01m x 1.88m)
built-in shower cubicle with handheld shower attachment, low level dual flush wc, wash hand basin with mixer tap and double opening cupboard below, double opening mirrored cupboard, heated towel rail/radiator, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan, Velux window.
SECOND STUDY/OCCASIONAL BEDROOM 6: (16' 3'' x 15' 6'' max measurements) (4.95m x 4.72m)
accessed via a second staircase off the entrance porch via pocket door. Dual aspect with a pair of multi-paned sash windows to the front elevation and additional one to rear. A range of built-in wardrobes offering generous storage space, oak flooring, moulded skirtings, inset ceiling downlights, two radiators, large Velux window.
OFF STREET PARKING:
wrought iron vehicular double gates open onto a brick paviored driveway with space for four cars. Remote electronically operated up and over giving access to storage garage.
level section of lawn with deep shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Steps behind a dwarf stone front boundary wall with an assortment of climbing plants. There is an established wisteria, acer and silver birch. Discreet sitting out area with ample space for garden furniture. Outside lighting and water tap.
level, walled and predominantly laid to lawn with two established crab apple trees. Larger patio area immediately to the rear of the breakfast room with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Further patio at the tail end of the garden for late evening sun. Personal door opening to:-
STORAGE GARAGE: (27' 1'' x 14' 5'' max measurements) (8.25m x 4.39m)
remote electronically operated roller door, illuminate strip light, tiled flooring, ample shelving, Belfast style sink with mixer tap, two illuminate strip lights.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.