Mortimer Road, Clifton Village
An exciting blank canvas opportunity in Clifton Village with private rear garden (31ft x 29ft); a spacious Victorian period hall floor garden apartment of circa 1,250 sq. ft., to be sold with no onward chain. Located within the Clifton Village residents parking permit scheme. Having a wealth of period features together with high ceilings and sash windows. Currently with 3 bedrooms (with one bay fronted room having been divided into two bedrooms by a stud wall). Two useful cellar rooms. Attractive and well stocked town garden with garden store. Hall Floor: reception hall, sitting / dining room, breakfast room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, shower room, 2 separate WCs. Two useful cellar rooms. Outside: well stocked rear garden (31ft x 29ft), garden store.
- Sold with no onward chain
- 3 bedrooms
- Two useful cellar rooms
- Private rear garden
- Garden store
from the pavement, a dwarf stone wall with pathway running along side the building to the communal front entrance door. Solid wood panelled door with brass door furniture and obscure glazed fanlight, opening to:-
herringbone tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point and main switchboard control cupboard. Private door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance, having telecom entry system, double opening cloakroom cupboard, radiator, moulded skirtings, two ceiling light points. Door with steps down to the cellar. Panelled doors opening to:-
SITTING/DINING ROOM: 18' 1'' x 15' 3'' (5.51m x 4.64m)
a grand principal reception room with 11ft/3.35m high ceilings that have simple moulded cornicing. Three tall sash windows to the rear elevation. Central period fireplace with inset gas fire. Tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 1: 15' 11'' x 9' 10'' (4.85m x 2.99m)
2 tall sash windows to the front elevation, chimney breast with recesses to either side, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, large shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit.
BEDROOM 2: 16' 1'' x 7' 7'' (4.90m x 2.31m)
half of bay window to the front elevation with two tall sash windows, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, partial simple moulded cornicing, pedestal wash hand basin, shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit, light and shaver point.
BEDROOM 3: 16' 0'' x 7' 11'' (4.87m x 2.41m)
part of a bay window to the front elevation with 2 tall sash windows, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, partial simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling light point, pedestal wash hand basin, shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit, light and shaver point. Bedrooms 2 and 3 are divided by a central stud wall which could easily be removed to create one much larger bedroom (subject to first obtaining the necessary consents).
DINING ROOM: 13' 1'' decreasing to 8'6" x 11' 9'' (3.98m/2.59m x 3.58m)
sash window to the rear elevation, ample space for table and chairs, base level cupboards and drawers with roll edged wooden worktop, glazed display cabinet, moulded skirtings, radiator, two ceiling light points. Door to:-
KITCHEN: 10' 0'' x 9' 7'' (3.05m x 2.92m)
base level cabinets and drawers, roll edged wood effect worktops, stainless steel sink with drainer board to side and mixer tap over, space for electric cooker, space and plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, space for tall fridge/freezer, tiled flooring, radiator, window to the side elevation, sloping ceiling with Velux window, ceiling light point. Wall mounted gas fired boiler. Part glazed door opening externally to the rear elevation. Door to:-
: tiled flooring, ceiling light point.
shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled flooring, moulded skirtings, wall light with shaver point, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
low level flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, tiled walls, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
SECOND SEPARATE WC:
low level flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, partially tiled walls to dado height, moulded skirtings, wall light point, extractor fan, loft access.
door with steps and handrail leading to:-
ceiling light point, complementary storage shelf. Doors to:-
CELLAR ROOM 1: 14' 8'' x 10' 2'' with 6'2" ceiling height (4.47m x 3.10m/1.88m)
multi paned window to the rear elevation, ceiling light point.
CELLAR ROOM 2: 11' 8'' x 7' 2'' with 6'1" ceiling height (3.55m x 2.18m/1.85m)
mega flow hot water cylinder and pressurised water tank, ceiling light point, gas meter.
REAR COURTYARD: 16' 9'' x 13' 8'' (5.10m x 4.16m)
pathway with deep shrub border to one side. Pedestrian gate to the side return which gives access to the communal entrance via doorway. Further door to:-
REAR GARDEN: 31' 0'' x 29' 0'' (9.44m x 8.83m)
enjoying a sunny orientation, designed for ease of maintenance and level. Enclosed on three side by attractive stone walls with there being multiple borders that feature an array of flowering plants, mature shrubs and specimen trees. Door to:-
GARDEN ROOM: 8' 11'' x 5' 11'' (2.72m x 1.80m)
tiled flooring, internal window to the side elevation, ceiling light point.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. The seller would also ideally prefer to sell all furniture, appliances, lights etc with the apartment.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 January 1979. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
there is no monthly service charge. Management Company bills for common electricity, cleaning of common areas, building insurance, repairs etc are split by agreement between the three apartment owners. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.