Mervyn Road, Bishopston
Set on a favoured side road is this sizeable 4 double bedroom, 2 reception, plus kitchen/dining room, Victorian period semi-detached house with a generous lawned rear garden and the rare advantage of two parking spaces.
The location is second to none being within a few hundred yards of Gloucester Road with a range of independent and interesting retailers, cafes, bars and restaurants. 500m walk to the popular St Andrew's Park and within 600m are the well regarded primary schools of Sefton Park, Brunel Field, Ashley Down and Bishop Road.
Double glazing throughout (installed 2 years ago)
Ground Floor: entrance hall, downstairs wc, sitting room, kitchen/dining room, snug/tv room.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bathroom/wc
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 3, bedroom 4
Outside: driveway off street parking for two vehicles, rear garden (approx.. 50ft in length x 21ft width with further side return 9'3 x 6'11)
A spacious family home in a prime setting, garden and parking.
- Victorian period semi-detached house
- Favoured side road
- Close to Gloucester Road
- 4 double bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- 21' x 16' kitchen dining room
- Sash double glazed windows
- Two parking spaces
- 50ft x 21ft Rear garden
driveway and pathway lead to the right hand side of the building and to the entrance door with original stained glass overlights. Continuation of the pathway provides side and rear access to the rear garden.
original period detail with ceiling rose, cornicing, original handrail and balustrade and original painted inner doors and architrave surround. Doors lead off to sitting room, snug/tv room, and kitchen/dining room. Radiator.
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin.
SITTING ROOM: (16' 8'' into bay x 15' 9'' into chimney recess) (5.08m x 4.80m)
a beautiful room with ornate ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose. An impressive cast iron fireplace with coal effect gas fire, marble surround and mantel and slate hearth. Radiator with ornamental radiator cover. Dresser style cupboards and shelving to either side of the chimney breast. Double glazed sash windows to the front elevation.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (21' 2'' x 16' 6'' max/9'1 min) (6.45m x 5.03m)
a lovely big kitchen area with plenty of light coming in from the glass extension, the kitchen is fitted with a range of wall and base units incorporating granite working surface, Cooke & Lewis sink and draining board, mixer tap, 5 ring gas hob with extractor fan above, high level Cooke & Lewis electric double oven with microwave above, space for large American style fridge/freezer, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and dishwasher, Worcester Bosch gas combi-boiler (2 years old) discreetly fitted behind wall mounted units, recessed spotlights, double glazed lantern and fenestration to the side and rear elevations including double doors leading out onto the rear garden, two radiators, original doors opening back into the snug/tv room.
SNUG/TV ROOM: (13' 5'' into chimney recess x 11' 11'') (4.09m x 3.63m)
high ceilings, ceiling cornicing and picture rail, exposed brick recessed fireplace, period cabinetry and shelving to either side of the chimney breast, radiator.
doors lead off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and bathroom/wc. Double glazed window to the side elevation, stairs rising to the second floor, ceiling cornicing, dado rail.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (16' 6'' into chimney recess x 12' 2'') (5.03m x 3.71m)
a generous main bedroom with ornate ceiling cornicing, two large double glazed sash windows to the front elevation, cast iron fireplace with painted wooden surround and mantel, built-in wardrobes, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (11' 11'' x 10' 4'' into chimney recess) (3.63m x 3.15m)
double glazed window to rear elevation, range of fitted wardrobes and storage space, child size fitted cabin bed, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (11' 7'' x 5' 9'') (3.53m x 1.75m)
low level wc, wash hand basin in vanity unit with storage underneath, double ended bath, walk-in shower cubicle with overhead shower and handheld shower fitment, shower screen, partially tiled walls, recessed spotlights, heated towel rail, opaque double glazed window to rear elevation.
doors lead off to bedroom 3 and bedroom 4. Built-in storage cupboards.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (13' 4'' to front of chimney breast x 12' 4'') (4.06m x 3.76m)
a generous double bedroom with storage cupboards either side of the chimney breast, double glazed window to the front elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (14' 6'' into chimney recess x 11' 4'' into window) (4.42m x 3.45m)
large double glazed window to the rear elevation with nice outlook over the rear garden and surrounding gardens, radiator.
driveway off street parking for two vehicles.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 50' 0'' x 21' 0'' + 9'3 x 6'11) (15.23m x 6.40m + 2.82m x 2.11m)
decked area immediately outside the kitchen, the remainder of the garden has a patio area and lawn with well kept and nicely planted shrub, flower and herb borders, generous garden shed, additional seating area to the back of the garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.