Little Stoke Road, Stoke Bishop
An exceedingly spacious and characterful, 5 bedroom, 2 reception room, 1930's semi-detached family house, of circa 1,960 sq. ft., on a popular and quiet road within 700m of Elmlea Infant & Junior School. Further benefitting from off-street parking and 70ft south-westerly facing rear garden.
Little Stoke Road is a favoured location situated on the borders of Stoke Bishop and Westbury on Trym. The Downs, Old Sneed Park Nature Reserve and Stoke Lodge playing fields are nearby as well as Kingsweston Estate and Coombe Dingle, all ideal for walks. There are excellent primary and secondary schools, both state and independent and the property is circa 750 metres from Elmlea School and is within the APR for Bristol Free School. There are local shops as well as restaurants, pubs and a Waitrose in nearby Henleaze, together with a good array of amenities on Stoke Hill and Shirehampton Road.
On the ground floor the property exudes the feeling of space and character with 19ft reception hall, bay fronted dining room (18ft x 12ft), sitting room (16ft x 12ft) with sliding doors onto rear garden and kitchen/breakfast room (18ft x 9ft) with range cooker.
On the remaining two floors there are five bedrooms (one with en-suite shower room), family bath/shower room and a separate wc.
Externally, off-street parking for at least two vehicles, useful side access and a sheltered south-westerly facing rear garden (70ft x 32ft).
- An exceedingly spacious and characterful 1930's semi-detached family home
- 5 bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room)
- Sitting room with sliding doors onto rear garden
- Bay fronted dining room
- Kitchen/breakfast room with range cooker
- Off street parking for at least two vehicles
- Useful side access
- Sheltered south-westerly facing rear garden (70ft x 32ft)
- Within 700 metres of Elmlea Infant & Junior School
from the pavement, brick paviored driveway with turning steps ascending to an arched open-fronted porch with external wall light. Part glazed wooden door opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (16' 0'' x 9' 10'') (4.87m x 2.99m)
a most impressive and spacious entrance to this family home, having exposed wooden floorboards and an elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor, tall moulded skirtings, windows to the front and side elevations, picture rail, ceiling light point, concealed radiator. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
DINING ROOM: (18' 6'' x 12' 10'' max into bay window) (5.63m x 3.91m)
wide window to the front elevation, period fireplace with tiled slips and hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, coved ceiling, radiator, two ceiling light points.
SITTING ROOM: (16' 6'' x 12' 11'') (5.03m x 3.93m)
upvc sliding glass door and panel with overlights overlooking and opening externally onto the south-westerly facing rear garden. Period fireplace with open fire, cast iron surround, decorative tiled slips, slate hearth and ornately carved wooden mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with fitted bookshelving and cupboards), moulded skirtings, picture rail, coved ceiling, concealed radiator, ceiling light point.
low level flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, tiled flooring and walls, ceiling light point.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (18' 2'' x 9' 11'') (5.53m x 3.02m)
dual aspect with upvc double glazed double doors opening to the rear elevation with panels to either side plus an additional window to the side elevation. Shaker style kitchen comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets, roll edged granite worktops with mosaic effect splashback tiling and pelmet lighting. Ceramic sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over. Kenwood range cooker with 5 ring gas hob plus stainless steel surround and canopy extractor hood. Space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, space for dishwasher and tall fridge/freezer. Welsh dresser with cupboards, drawers and shelving. Tiled flooring, radiator, coved ceiling, inset ceiling downlights and ceiling light point.
enjoying plenty of natural light via a window at the side elevation over the stairwell, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Turning staircase ascending to the second floor with additional arched window to the side elevation. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (15' 8'' x 12' 11'') (4.77m x 3.93m)
large window to the front elevation enjoying far reaching views in the distance, chimney breast with decorative tiled fireplace, radiator, moulded skirtings, picture rail, two ceiling light points.
BEDROOM 2: (16' 6'' x 12' 11'') (5.03m x 3.93m)
window overlooking the rear garden, chimney breast with recesses to either side, moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, two ceiling light points.
BEDROOM 3: (10' 1'' x 10' 1'') (3.07m x 3.07m)
window overlooking the rear garden with radiator below, moulded skirtings, picture rail, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: (10' 0'' x 8' 6'') (3.05m x 2.59m)
large window to the front elevation with far reaching views, moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM: (7' 11'' x 6' 8'') (2.41m x 2.03m)
panelled bath with mixer tap and handheld shower attachment. Wash hand basin with mixer tap and towel rail. Shower cubicle with wall mounted shower unit, handheld shower attachment and an overhead circular shower. Victorian style radiator, tiled walls, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan.
low level dual flush wc, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, ceiling light point.
enjoying plenty of natural light via the aforementioned arched window which enjoys far reaching views, ceiling light point. Doors to:-
BEDROOM 4: (18' 1'' x 11' 9'') (5.51m x 3.58m)
large dormer style window enjoying a south-westerly orientation and overlooking the rear garden with complimentary window seat, wall to wall built-in wardrobes, two radiators, ceiling light point. Door to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (6' 4'' x 6' 3'') (1.93m x 1.90m)
low level flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, shower cubicle with built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment, wall light point, radiator, Velux window.
STUDY: (9' 5'' x 7' 1'') (2.87m x 2.16m)
sloping ceiling with part restricted head height and Velux window, additional window to the side elevation with far reaching views, wood effect flooring, radiator, eaves storage cupboard, ceiling light point.
OFF STREET PARKING:
wide vehicular entrance from the road with space for at least two vehicles, timber fence to one side and hedge border to the other. Double opening pedestrian gates with wide pathway leading to the rear garden.
SIDE ACCESS: (49' 2'' x 6' 11'') (14.97m x 2.11m)
a useful space ideal for a multitude of purposes including storage of sporting or gardening equipment. Currently with wood store and outside tap. Access to:-
REAR GARDEN: (70' 0'' x 32' 0'') (21.32m x 9.75m)
enjoying a sunny south-westerly facing orientation and predominantly level with good privacy. Immediately to the rear of the house there is a patio and timber decked area with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. The remainder of the garden is principally laid to lawn and enclosed by a combination of timber and trellis fencing. Featuring an assortment of mature shrubs, flowering plants and specimen trees. Useful garden shed and greenhouse.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.